HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cfcf Tv (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54096)

montreal 02-20-2004 04:30 PM

Cfcf Tv

Just wanted to pass along an email I got from the tv show that covers the Habs on Saturdays at 6 pm on bell express vu ch 208 ? They contacted me to say that they were thankful for the coverage of the Habs prospects. So you never know who is reading what you write, so maybe some advice to posters who are thinking about a future in the hockey industry, think twice about what you type, as you may be read by some people you don't expect and who knows what can happen if you continue to write well. More professional writing in the posts may pay off one day. :) ;)

Anyone watch this show?

Habber 02-20-2004 04:44 PM

Yeah I usually try to catch it. It's a good primer for the Saturday night games. Mostly it's a highlight package for the previous week followed by a good dose of homerism from Dube and Demers.

Congrats for getting some well deserved recognition. When it comes to Habs prospects you've got to be one of, if not the most, knowledgable guys around.

G Man 77 02-20-2004 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Just wanted to pass along an email I got from the tv show that covers the Habs on Saturdays at 6 pm on bell express vu ch 208 ? They contacted me to say that they were thankful for the coverage of the Habs prospects. So you never know who is reading what you write, so maybe some advice to posters who are thinking about a future in the hockey industry, think twice about what you type, as you may be read by some people you don't expect and who knows what can happen if you continue to write well. More professional writing in the posts may pay off one day. :) ;)

Anyone watch this show?

It's not because they have a TV show that they know more than anyone else.
Some of the most knowledgeable hockey people are guys like you who follow the team and their prospects for pleasure.

The guys on TV read your stuff then use it... and then get the credit, and the salary, while you do most of the work.

At least they're honest enough to E-mail you and acknowledge they read your material. That's more than what most would have done.

Perhaps the could have you on as a guest at some point, that way you get paid ;)

ALthough your "Koivu is god" post was not exactly professional, the rest of your posts usually are... ;)

Congrats... hope it leads to bigger and better things.

goalchenyuk 02-20-2004 06:54 PM

one sure thing is that you deserve those good words !

montreal 02-20-2004 07:00 PM

Thanks guys. I posted this to show that the media are reading this site, and the boards, so for guys looking for a career in hockey, keep posting good stuff you don't know who might read it! :rolly:

Jeffrey 02-20-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys. I posted this to show that the media are reading this site, and the boards, so for guys looking for a career in hockey, keep posting good stuff you don't know who might read it! :rolly:

you're still my hockey god in terms of prospects !! keep the good job comin' man !!
you deserve all the praise we give you because your the BEST!! :handclap: ;)

Vasculio 02-20-2004 08:33 PM

I, too, agree that you fully deserve it montreal. You're one of the most knowledgeable (sp?) person in hockey players, especially prospect, I had the chance to read since I'm here. :teach: Continue the good job! :yo:

Markov79 02-20-2004 09:22 PM

you really do a great job with the reports, i hope and think you will go far...

Habsaku 02-20-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

I was thinking of making a "official montreal appreciation thread", your work is pretty amazing, its really your dedication that makes me admire what you do. Just look at the prospect updates :eek: , or the kastitsyn updates, or even the Bulldog reports, always professional!

EDIT: That show your talking about, is it The habs this week? Its a pretty good show, its not savage, its pretty positive, it doesn't bash for no reason, it has the 2 cultures. Its not much in terms of knowledge, but fans can easily enjoy it.

montreal 02-20-2004 09:31 PM

:handclap: :yo: :rolly: Thanks everyone for your kind words. I've been busy lately getting ready for the draft this summer. :eek: But I should have some articles next week, and I am hoping to have some interviews lined up too.

CrAzYNiNe 02-20-2004 10:37 PM

Dan do you do those for pure pleasure, like no money involved at all? Cause that is some hard work you got going here. I have a hard time helping people finish doing jobs at work that I have no reason to, and here you are writing article after article. Well like everyone said, thanks a million, cause without you, a lot of what I know, I surely would not of known without your articles.

montreal 02-20-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Dan do you do those for pure pleasure, like no money involved at all? Cause that is some hard work you got going here. I have a hard time helping people finish doing jobs at work that I have no reason to, and here you are writing article after article. Well like everyone said, thanks a million, cause without you, a lot of what I know, I surely would not of known without your articles.

No pay for either site I write for. I have been contacted to be a scout because of the articles I have written, but if it even happens it won't be till next year anyways. (if I get the job) So for now I write cause I like to as I try and watch a ton of hockey. I have seen NCAA, AHL, ECHL, USHL, RSL, sm-liiga, wjc and euro cup games so far this year! Yes I am a hockey nerd :joker:

#44_delivers 02-20-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Anyone watch this show?

no i dont get that show, but i am a big fan of your writing keep up the good work bro.