HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATTN: Sellers...Nashville is looking for a solid, stay-at-home D-Man (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54100)

DontCallPlayersStuds 02-20-2004 03:38 PM

ATTN: Sellers...Nashville is looking for a solid, stay-at-home D-Man
 
That can be had for picks\prospects...or if you want a roster player...Denis Arkhipov or Jeremy Stevenson.

Only "untouchable" prospects are Upshall, Suter, Shishkanov and Segal

any offers?

GKJ 02-20-2004 03:40 PM

You just missed Bob Boughner.

Seachd 02-20-2004 03:43 PM

There's always Jason Smith, but I'd be surprised if Nashville's willing to pay the price.

DontCallPlayersStuds 02-20-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
You just missed Bob Boughner.


I know, and there was some rumors in the Nashville media that the Preds were interested. That was my main idea, so I'm looking for offers, now :)

Rangers_23 02-20-2004 03:55 PM

Any interest in Boris Mironov of the Rangers? Could likely be had for a middle range draft pick.

Teemu 02-20-2004 04:33 PM

We could give you steve poaspt for a midrange pick, but i think youve stolen enough of our talent.

Ozy_Flame 02-20-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
That can be had for picks\prospects...or if you want a roster player...Denis Arkhipov or Jeremy Stevenson.

Only "untouchable" prospects are Upshall, Suter, Shishkanov and Segal

any offers?

The return on Jeremy Stevenson will be significantly less than the one you will get for Arkhipov.

officeglen 02-20-2004 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu08
We could give you steve poaspt for a midrange pick, but i think youve stolen enough of our talent.

Poapst=talent? :dunno:

Teemu 02-20-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
Poapst=talent? :dunno:

it was a jab at the sully trade. poast isnt half bad, though. better than most give him credit for (though he was much better last year)

thestonedkoala 02-20-2004 04:43 PM

Brad Brown + a pick for Matt Koalska

Oilers Ent 02-20-2004 04:48 PM

How about?

Jason Smith + 2004 2nd Round Pick

for

David Legwand
_____________________________

Nashville gets their defenseman

Oilers get their Centre

Flames Draft Watcher 02-20-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Jason Smith + 2004 2nd Round Pick

for

David Legwand
_____________________________

Nashville gets their defenseman

Oilers get their Centre

Can't see the Preds wanting to do that. Oil would have to offer up more in the trade IMO.

DontCallPlayersStuds 02-20-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Jason Smith + 2004 2nd Round Pick

for

David Legwand
_____________________________

Nashville gets their defenseman

Oilers get their Centre

Smith's injuries and FA status would make that a bad deal for nashville, though I like Smith. I think, as an earlier poster said, the Preds would have to give up too much to get Smith, and there's no use plugging one hole while allowing others to form.

Seachd 02-20-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Can't see the Preds wanting to do that. Oil would have to offer up more in the trade IMO.

Okay, add Chimera, Horcoff, Ferguson, Bishai, Winchester, Allen, and Henrich. It works in my fantasy world, anyway.

You're right. Edmonton's not giving up enough.

Seachd 02-20-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Smith's injuries and FA status would make that a bad deal for nashville, though I like Smith.

Smith's really only had the one injury, and has only missed something like 14 games. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If he can breathe, he can play.

Oilers Ent 02-20-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd
Smith's really only had the one injury, and has only missed something like 14 games. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If he can breathe, he can play.

No kidding. Us Oiler fans know Smith's a warrior. It's why he's our Captain. He'll only stop playing if he has no choice to. Nashville would love him.

punchy1 02-20-2004 06:05 PM

Modry and Zizka for Legwand. Modry is an all star mobile defencemen (ufa) and Zizka is a solid up and coming defencemen just making his way into the NHL. After a little bit of a shakey start he has had a few solid performances and makes a very good first pass. He has nice hands, nice pretty hands, and his feet, gordon bennette, his feet are devine. Yummmmmm. Sorry lads, I just couldn't keep talking up Zizka without losing it.

As it is though, Modry has a good game and would be dead solid for your PP. You would have to resign him though. Zizka could become a very nice 456 type as well.

Yes you would lose Legwand but net one solid mobile defencemen and one good up and coming young one. The Kings would get another one of the forwards they love so bloody much.

DontCallPlayersStuds 02-20-2004 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
Modry and Zizka for Legwand. Modry is an all star mobile defencemen (ufa) and Zizka is a solid up and coming defencemen just making his way into the NHL. After a little bit of a shakey start he has had a few solid performances and makes a very good first pass. He has nice hands, nice pretty hands, and his feet, gordon bennette, his feet are devine. Yummmmmm. Sorry lads, I just couldn't keep talking up Zizka without losing it.

As it is though, Modry has a good game and would be dead solid for your PP. You would have to resign him though. Zizka could become a very nice 456 type as well.

Yes you would lose Legwand but net one solid mobile defencemen and one good up and coming young one. The Kings would get another one of the forwards they love so bloody much.


it doesn't get more mobile than timonen, zidlicky and hamhuis...with suter in the wings. doesn't help us,and in fact...it helps YOU a little too much, considering nashville and LA are likely fighting for one playoff spot.

FacelessButcher 02-20-2004 06:44 PM

How about a slightly more realistic one-

Jason Smith + 5th pick 2004 for Kevin Klein + 3rd pick 2004
I think this is fair value wise under normal circumstances but the market for defense men seems to be running a little dry, I'd probably wait around till the deadline and see who gets injured and try to sell him at an inflated price, not sure how much of an overpayment the market will dictate if any.

You guys have a ton of Rw's anyone on the chopping block if the price is right? (I really want Upshall :) *nudge-nudge*)

DontCallPlayersStuds 02-20-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
How about a slightly more realistic one-

Jason Smith + 5th pick 2004 for Kevin Klein + 3rd pick 2004
I think this is fair value wise under normal circumstances but the market for defense men seems to be running a little dry, I'd probably wait around till the deadline and see who gets injured and try to sell him at an inflated price, not sure how much of an overpayment the market will dictate if any.

You guys have a ton of Rw's anyone on the chopping block if the price is right? (I really want Upshall :) *nudge-nudge*)


I'd hate to lose Klein, but I think we can afford it. I'll take that deal.

Clash* 02-20-2004 07:31 PM

Lyle Odelein? As valued as he is by the Panthers right now, he might bring more in the way of a trade and resign.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 02-21-2004 09:36 AM

Scott Lachance.

triggrman 02-21-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'd hate to lose Klein, but I think we can afford it. I'll take that deal.

Don't we have Buffalo's 3rd in 04 from the Elmore trade?

Chainshot 02-21-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Don't we have Buffalo's 3rd in 04 from the Elmore trade?

Yep.

Big McLargehuge 02-21-2004 03:09 PM

Would they be interested in Josef Melichar?

Before this season Melichar was extremely solid for the Penguins, a stay-at-home guy with no offense but does his job in his own end very well...but he's having an awful season this year, as is everyond sans Orpik in his own end this year for the Pens.

Can't imagine he'd cost too much, probably a third rounder.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.