HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Good to see someone is taking Koivu's side in the media (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54107)

Ace2000 02-20-2004 03:51 PM

Good to see someone is taking Koivu's side in the media

surprise surprise, its an ANGLO taking his side.....this article was on the montreal gazette website.tkae a look. glad this was said.

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...1-3D8607CAD0A8

Mats NAslund 02-20-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace2000
surprise surprise, its an ANGLO taking his side.....this article was on the montreal gazette website.tkae a look. glad this was said.

I read it earlier but people here are so sensitive that I decided against posting it. Did you really expect the French media and fans to revolt against home town boy Ribeiro over a 9 year, heart and soul veteran who's always given everything he has to this team?

Nielson81 02-20-2004 04:02 PM

Good work byHickey to stand up for Koivu and go against that supid 110%.
Unbiased Canadian

VAN-HAB 02-20-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

it's PAT HICKEY

Kirk Muller 02-20-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Good work byHickey to stand up for Koivu and go against that supid 110%.
Unbiased Canadian

The one thing I liked, and I don't like Hickey or much media really, is that he didn't tow the line of journalistic profession. He called out his fellow media people, something many won't do.

Kirk Muller* 02-20-2004 04:08 PM

Ronald King in La Presse is also for him.

gohabsgo2010 02-20-2004 04:10 PM

Way to go Pat. For once, this was a mistake-free article. :)

Marchy79 02-20-2004 04:12 PM

Pat Hickey is 110% right on this one...

Anyone booing Koivu last night should be ashamed of themselves... They're not habs fans, they are pretenders... Saks has shown nothing but blue white and red all his career in Montreal, and he gets booed???

Ribeiro I gotta say has been good this year, but when he said it was just a spur of frustration and intensity due to the skid, these (I would use another word but I can't) bums could not let it go... Even Koivu has said the same thing, as well as Julien....

So here's a hint to the boo-birds who boo our team in our building... Take Bob Gainey's words, and get out... Cause we don't need the likes of them around.

Quagmier 02-20-2004 04:33 PM

Quote From Article:
"The first time I saw Koivu was at the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics and I saw a feisty young player with skills and courage. At the time, I predicted Montreal fans would love him and he has given the faithful plenty of reason to love him as he has battled through injuries and cancer to set an example on and off the ice.

He has accepted whatever role the Canadiens have designated for him without complaint. He deserves better than to be booed and to be the victim of petty sniping in the media."

That is what needed to be said.

Koivu has never asked more from anyone than he himself was willing to give... He's a true warrior in every sense of the word and has given so, so much to this organization.

Saku Koivu still has one die-hard fan right here :bow:

VAN-HAB 02-20-2004 04:35 PM

Saku Koivu still has one die-hard fan right here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
Quote From Article:
"The first time I saw Koivu was at the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics and I saw a feisty young player with skills and courage. At the time, I predicted Montreal fans would love him and he has given the faithful plenty of reason to love him as he has battled through injuries and cancer to set an example on and off the ice.

He has accepted whatever role the Canadiens have designated for him without complaint. He deserves better than to be booed and to be the victim of petty sniping in the media."

That is what needed to be said.

Koivu has never asked more from anyone than he himself was willing to give... He's a true warrior in every sense of the word and has given so, so much to this organization.

Saku Koivu still has one die-hard fan right here :bow:

always been always will

tritone 02-20-2004 05:17 PM

Long Live The Koivu!

I wish there were an uproar in the media about how disgustingly biased several reporters and analysts have been toward Koivu.....I strongly feel that every fan at the next game should cheer Koivu with a LOUD ROAR to make sure he knows where he stands among the majority....be silent no longer....let's scream KOIVU KOIVU KOIVU :yo:

Team_Spirit 02-20-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

but Réjean Tremblay, the millionaire champion of oppressed Québécois, and the spit-disturbers at 110%
haha :p

Ace2000 02-20-2004 06:09 PM

EVERYONE STAND AND UP CHEER OUR HERO!

GO SAKU GO!!! SAKU SAKU SAKU!!! :yo:

sandman08 02-21-2004 07:35 AM

"spit-disturbers" *giggles*
i dont know how many times i had to re-read that
i couldve swore it said **** disturbers (Which is of course what he obviously meant because in my nearly 24 years on this damn planet never have i heard the term "spit disturbers" but i was so convinced d he actually wrote **** disturbers it shocked me and had to re-read it a few times)

now that i got that spam out of the way.. saku is God, a hero to all (as are ALL cancer survivors but when someone can come back as fast as saks did and come back and play a game like hockey as well as he did after coming back that makes it all the more special), and a great individual who deserves nothing but the best in life :yo:

GO SAAAAAAAAAKU GOOOOOOOO! :D

Highlander 02-21-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

No offence, but can we cut the crap on the ANGLO vs FRANCAIS language issue! No wonder I left Montreal, where everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, somehow get's spun into a language issue by some disgruntled party!

For the record, Ribs is Portuguese-Canadian ("pork & fromage" as one of my Portuguese-Canadian friends referred to himself)!

Also, this whole 'Ribs-Koivu fight' issue seems to be blown out of proportion to a major degree. For crying out loud, Ribs spoke out against it on TV, and the players are even somewhat joking about the whole issue (see today's Gazette).

Sorry for the rant, I normally only read and generally don't post (for 1 1/2 years now), but this 'language is everything' issue really boils my blood.... :mad:

Howie Morenz 02-21-2004 09:50 AM

You get nothing but drivel from those idiots at 110%(especially the head idiot Villeneuve) Koivu will never get the credit he deserves and they make that very clear. These fools sure don't help a team that is fighting for a playoff spot. All they are interested in doing is creating controversy. It seems like they want to outdo each other and see who can spew the most bulls***. Tune them out. :mad:

Dutchy 02-21-2004 11:05 AM

All it took for me to gain respect for Hickey is him blasting Tremblay and praising Koivu...

Now if Villeneuve could do the same thing it would make some rome in my "People to kill" list for Houde and Pednault.

Mental 02-21-2004 11:09 AM

Ribeiro said in "Le Journal de Montréal" that it was stupid to boo Koivu.

deandebean 02-21-2004 12:28 PM

Le problème avec la plupart de vos commentaires, c'est qu'ils privilégient un chroniqueur de sport habituellement peu respecté par ses pairs et par vous (à en juger par vos propos), uniquement parce qu'il endosse votre opinion. En revanche, d'autres chroniqueurs (dont un au Temple de la renommée du hockey, en passant) et un entraîneur-chef avec lequel nous avons gagné la Coupe (ne l'oublions pas) fustigent le capitaine et vous les qualifiez d'imbéciles.

Vous savez, rien n'est blanc, ni noir. Est-ce que tous ceux qui s'opposent à votre vision d'un capitaine (qui m'apparaît sans tache à vos yeux) sont des parias? Dieu du ciel, je ne voudrais pas vous voir à la tête de mon entreprise!