HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What D's are left on the block? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54161)

p.l.f. 02-20-2004 06:17 PM

What D's are left on the block?
 
Gonchar
Leetch
Richardson ?
Carney

then what

Stephen 02-20-2004 06:31 PM

Of the defensemen who have been traded this year, how many could have helped? Danny Markov is the only one I can think of. Guys like Bob Boughner would have just been extra bodies.

hunter orange 02-20-2004 06:36 PM

Jason Smith, perhaps. Lowe would probably field calls for Smith, Staois & Cross, but the price tags for the first two would be steep.

sluggo* 02-20-2004 07:47 PM

Just going by the rumors, I think a combo of Gonchar and Witt would be the best additions.

p.l.f. 02-20-2004 07:56 PM

that would be great - gonchar and witt
also costly
it would be wierd to re-acquire jason smith, who 'failed' in quinns transition game

sluggo* 02-20-2004 08:11 PM

p.l.f. - I would assume the base of a deal for Gonchar would be Kaberle and their first rounder. IT would cost the Leafs a lot, but it could (and probably would) be very worth it.

p.l.f. 02-20-2004 08:22 PM

it might be better to do that
but they'd still need 2 more good D's for depth unfortunately.
i think the berg and klee cindarella story is coming to a close
they look almost burned out

musdy 02-20-2004 08:27 PM

has kabrle been struggling how many points does he have

Pinto 02-20-2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierrehedinrocks
has kabrle been struggling how many points does he have

He's struggling by his standards

GP G A Pts +/-
51 2 20 22 +14

Verbal Kint* 02-20-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto
He's struggling by his standards

GP G A Pts +/-
51 2 20 22 +14

Thats not too bad, plus hes been godd offensively as of late.

Savage 02-20-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
it might be better to do that
but they'd still need 2 more good D's for depth unfortunately.
i think the berg and klee cindarella story is coming to a close
they look almost burned out

I swear, some fans in this city make me sick. They had one bad game, get over it! Although they were the worst defensive pairing for that one game no one with the exception of Stajan and Nolan played good that game. Berg and Klee have been good all season, end of story.

GD|eNSo 02-20-2004 09:32 PM

I dont think Carney would be available. Watter's mentioned that he would not be traded, made available. Who know's? but if he is available, I would like to see him on the team, then the other's listed.

p.l.f. 02-20-2004 09:36 PM

you make me sick savage
mainly because your comments are childish (maybe because you are a child?)
so is that stupid little teddy bear !

berg and klee both got hurt recently, and havent been as sharp since.
watch the games, klee is struggling taking guys out, and berg is looking behind on the play.
and if you havent seen that over the last few weeks it's because you've probaby been flicking channels watching gilligan's island

Verbal Kint* 02-20-2004 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
you make me sick savage
mainly because your comments are childish (maybe because you are a child?)
so is that stupid little teddy bear !

berg and klee both got hurt recently, and havent been as sharp since.
watch the games, klee is struggling taking guys out, and berg is looking behind on the play.

Actually Savage is right. Klee and Berg were the most effective pair in Carolina on Thurday, and I was especially pleased with Berg, who was practically draped over his man half the game. He hasd some trouble with keeping the puck in but asides from that he was great defensively.

Players have bad stretches, get over it, just because they played bad for two or three games doesn't mean they suck. The same thing happened with Sundin at the begining of the year. He didn't get a point in his first five games, so fans started to say he needed to be stripped of the captaincy. Mid-season rolls around and the general consensus is that we can live without "Mr. 3rd Period."

The only childish act I see here is the jumping of the gun us Toronto fans enjoy to do far too often.

P.S. That Teddy Bear is Carlton, our Mascot.

GD|eNSo 02-20-2004 09:55 PM

One thing about Berg, i've noticed, is that he really care's of his play. When he had the giveaway, that lead to a goal, during the Boston game, he really looked upset and pissed at what he had done.

Also, as, M_L_F just mentioned, K/B had a real strong game, against the Cane's. Have been great the whole season.

Savage 02-20-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
you make me sick savage
mainly because your comments are childish (maybe because you are a child?)
so is that stupid little teddy bear !

berg and klee both got hurt recently, and havent been as sharp since.
watch the games, klee is struggling taking guys out, and berg is looking behind on the play.
and if you havent seen that over the last few weeks it's because you've probaby been flicking channels watching gilligan's island


I'm 19 years old with a nice paying job and will be attending University next year so if that's a child in your eyes then feel free to continue to call me a child.

As said above, the "stupid little teddy bear" is our mascot. I would assume a fan would know that.

Gilligan's island? Is that even on TV anymore? Actually, I happen to watch the Leafs games. I also played AAA hockey for most of my childhood on defense and well that certainly doesn't qualify me as any sort of expert I know something about the position and how it's supposed to be played.

I'm not going to argue the play of both players back and forth with you because past expierences would dictate that people like you can not change there minds.

Bear57 02-20-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage
I'm 19 years old

That would make you six years older than P.L.F.

MLSE 02-20-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emenius
One thing about Berg, i've noticed, is that he really care's of his play. When he had the giveaway, that lead to a goal, during the Boston game, he really looked upset and pissed at what he had done.

Also, as, M_L_F just mentioned, K/B had a real strong game, against the Cane's. Have been great the whole season.

Yeah true, but I think hes trying to say hes not playing as good as the start of the season.

Verbal Kint* 02-20-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
it might be better to do that
but they'd still need 2 more good D's for depth unfortunately.
i think the berg and klee cindarella story is coming to a close
they look almost burned out

Looks more like hes saying they won't regain form and were complete flukes.

Joey24 02-20-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emenius
I dont think Carney would be available. Watter's mentioned that he would not be traded, made available. Who know's? but if he is available, I would like to see him on the team, then the other's listed.

Also heard Richardson more then likely won't be moved either. Though I don't know how much you can trust Mojo radio, and the Fan590 are.

Augustus 02-21-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
that would be great - gonchar and witt
also costly
it would be wierd to re-acquire jason smith, who 'failed' in quinns transition game


And if Quinn allowed Fergy to reacquire him it would be Quinn who would be admitting to a "failure" and that will never happen. Once on Quinn's s**t list, always on the list.

GD|eNSo 02-21-2004 09:55 AM

Jason Smith's exodus was not cunducted by, Quinn.

Augustus 02-21-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emenius
Jason Smith's exodus was not cunducted by, Quinn.

Yes, sir, it was. Quinn didn't like him and got him sent to Edmonton for next to nothing. Similar story for Stevie Sullivan except in that case we got nothing at all.

wasting time 02-21-2004 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
And if Quinn allowed Fergy to reacquire him it would be Quinn who would be admitting to a "failure" and that will never happen. Once on Quinn's s**t list, always on the list.

Not sure if I agree with this. I think JFJ will acquire who he thinks he needs to and screw Quinn. JFJ manages, Quinn coaches is probably the final verdict in JFJ's mind.

JFJ is Peddie's pet. Peddie and Quinn are not best buds. If JFJ says in the offseason I want Quinn fired, then Peddie will navigate the political machine in MSLE and make it happen. I have had these sorts of relationships with my managers at various points in my career. I can see it happen easily.

Augustus 02-21-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
Not sure if I agree with this. I think JFJ will acquire who he thinks he needs to and screw Quinn. JFJ manages, Quinn coaches is probably the final verdict in JFJ's mind.

JFJ is Peddie's pet. Peddie and Quinn are not best buds. If JFJ says in the offseason I want Quinn fired, then Peddie will navigate the political machine in MSLE and make it happen. I have had these sorts of relationships with my managers at various points in my career. I can see it happen easily.


True enough. But GMs will consult with coaches and are unlikely, barring extraordinary circumstances, to make a trade the coach is strongly opposed to.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.