HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bob McKenzie about to discuss... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54175)

Joe T Choker 02-20-2004 07:13 PM

Bob McKenzie about to discuss...

Ottawa Goaltending Situation

V for Voodoo 02-20-2004 08:02 PM

What did he say?

Tuggy 02-20-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
What did he say?

They all said that there is no way the Sens are going to go out and get a goalie PERIOD!! The Sens will go as far as Lalime will take them...

Lexicon Devil 02-20-2004 08:48 PM

They talked about how Muckler compared the current situation to the one with Ranford in 1990. Apparently Pucklington wanted Ranford gone, but Muckler stuck with him and he won the Cup.

TexSen 02-20-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
They all said that there is no way the Sens are going to go out and get a goalie PERIOD!! The Sens will go as far as Lalime will take them...

I say true enough.

And much like a marriage, it's "for better or worse."

SENSfreak_03 02-20-2004 08:52 PM

we'll see how it goes. one thing thats been said over and over and over. the 'elite' goalie we'd love isnt out there, theres maybe 4 or 5 goalies who are way better, but are untouchable. the other 26 goalies pretty fall into a giant clump, and lalime is in it.

King of Kelvington 02-20-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil
They talked about how Muckler compared the current situation to the one with Ranford in 1990. Apparently Pucklington wanted Ranford gone, but Muckler stuck with him and he won the Cup.

Muckler is living in the 90's.....maybe he'll ask ranford to come back and play net for the sens? :joker:

SENSfreak_03 02-20-2004 09:04 PM

muckler didnt bring up the ranford story, miller did, he was just using it as an example of how things could work out.

Lexicon Devil 02-20-2004 09:10 PM

Are you sure? I thought I heard him reference a conversation with Muckler. It sounds like something Muckler would say.

TexSen 02-21-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCJr
Muckler is living in the 90's.....maybe he'll ask ranford to come back and play net for the sens? :joker:

Wow, drawing similarities from past experience. That sure is something new to the GM ranks.

HF2002 02-21-2004 10:09 AM

Is this guy's name Wendel Clark Jr? That's an odd name to call oneself. I mean if you're trying not to get made fun of. That really is living in the past.

There really isn't another goalie available. As much as I (and probably most of you as well) would love to see another goalie here it simply isn't going to come from outside the organization. Unless they try to trade for the cancer that is Hasek (fake injury). I'm sure Detroit would love nothing more than to dump this guy. And no one wants him here in Ottawa.

Ottawa's only hope at this point is to really improve team defence, do as much as they can to outscore their opponent and hope like hell they can hold the other team off. So far it isn't working. 5-15 in one goal games? Ouch! By comparison, NJ is 16-6. That's what all star goaltending can do.

Lowetide 02-21-2004 10:19 AM

It's funny he mentioned Ranford, because when the 1990 playoffs started he was awful. The first game of the playoff (as I recall, this was awhile back) Ranford had one of the worst games any good goalie has ever had against Winnipeg. Pure crap. Six goals or something.

And he came back and won the Conn Smythe that year.