HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Tough RW to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54179)

Mr.Sinister 02-20-2004 08:30 PM

Tough RW to Ottawa

What sorts of RW should Muckler Target?

my ranking in order of greatest fit/need is

1. Matthew Barnaby
2. Georges Laraque

Spezza 02-20-2004 08:35 PM

I think the right side is the absolute least of our worries. I'm very happy with Chris Neil on that 4th line.

officeglen 02-20-2004 08:35 PM

RWs we now have:

Alfie
Bondra (though plays LW for us)
Havlat
Hossa
Lanfeld (though plays LW for us)
Neil
Varada (though plays LW for us)

Should we go for 8 RWs?

TexSen 02-20-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
RWs we now have:

Alfie
Bondra (though plays LW for us)
Havlat
Hossa
Lanfeld (though plays LW for us)
Neil
Varada (though plays LW for us)

Should we go for 8 RWs?

Eight is enough? (that sounds vaguely familiar in some deja-vu-ish kind of way)

Sting 02-20-2004 10:18 PM

We don't need any more grit or any more right wingers. People need to realize that we can't go stocking our team FULL of grit players. When we get one, people say that's not enough and we should go for more.

I don't know about you, but I'd say Neil is pretty good.

officeglen 02-20-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexSen
Eight is enough? (that sounds vaguely familiar in some deja-vu-ish kind of way)

You are absolutely right - we do have eight is enough - Ray is the 8th RW - so let's not go for 9.

Edit: A neat thing about Ray's situation is on ice he can threaten the opponents with going postal - what is the worse he is risking - a lifetime suspension = he plays 4 less games than expected?

jfont 02-21-2004 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister
What sorts of RW should Muckler Target?

my ranking in order of greatest fit/need is

1. Matthew Barnaby
2. Georges Laraque

big george said he'd retire if he was ever traded...at least thats what i hear...

officeglen 02-21-2004 01:47 AM

Actually big george has changed that - he now says he will play with no heart for the team he is traded too - that is he will retire on ice.

HF2002 02-21-2004 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
Actually big george has changed that - he now says he will play with no heart for the team he is traded too - that is he will retire on ice.

I wonder if he would feel the same way if he were traded to a real hockey market vs being traded to somewhere such as Carolina or Atlanta.

Although he says he will play without heart I would bet that being traded to a team such as Ottawa, Montreal or (god forbid) Toronto he'd play as he should. And, if it were to Ottawa, a team with a legitimate chance, he'd play his style.

Sting 02-21-2004 11:47 AM

That's exactly what Domi said..he'd retire if he were traded. Personally I think that shows no class and it disrespects the organization because they know they can't trade you even if you're playing bad. And then, they've got to pay you. I'd hate to be the GM of one of those teams. :)

sensfan18 02-21-2004 12:32 PM

I don't think this team needs anyone else, we just need to get healthy. However, I'd be very open to the aquisiton of Keith Carney.