HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Interesting Stats About Goalies (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54191)

Mathletic 02-20-2004 08:09 PM

Interesting Stats About Goalies
 
4+ goal games this season

Théodore has 14 in 50 games
Vokun has 8 in 52 games
Lalime has 7 in 42 games
Raycroft has 3 in 41 games
Luongo has 9 in 53 games
Weekes has 9 in 51 games
Aebisher has 7 in 46 games
Nabokov has 7 in 41 games
Toskala has 2 in 25 games
Cloutier has 9 in 44 games
Kiprussoff has 1 in 20 games
Osgood has 7 in 48 games
Turco has 9 in 55 games
Cechmanek 5 in 44 games
Roloson has 2 in 38 games
Salo has 6 in 37 games
Denis has 11 in 49 games

Habsaku 02-20-2004 08:12 PM

Hehe, glad you looked it up for me man, this shows Theodore still has a lot of work with his consitency, especially since much weaker goalies have had less terrible games. Hes the franchise player, he's the on whos supposed to carry the team, much like Iginla, Gaborik, Kovalchuck, forsberg and others. We cant have him play 1 out of 4 games badly.

Kirk Muller 02-20-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Hehe, glad you looked it up for me man, this shows Theodore still has a lot of work with his consitency, especially since much weaker goalies have had less terrible games. Hes the franchise player, he's the on whos supposed to carry the team, much like Iginla, Gaborik, Kovalchuck, forsberg and others. We cant have him play 1 out of 4 games badly.


I still think he individually has to improve consistency, but so must the team as a whole. Theodore has played some terrible games, but the team in front of him has played many as well. In Montreal, there seems to be no middle ground. When the team and Theo play well, they don't give up much, but when one or the other is off, it can get ugly, and really quick.

Mathletic 02-20-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Hehe, glad you looked it up for me man, this shows Theodore still has a lot of work with his consitency, especially since much weaker goalies have had less terrible games. Hes the franchise player, he's the on whos supposed to carry the team, much like Iginla, Gaborik, Kovalchuck, forsberg and others. We cant have him play 1 out of 4 games badly.

I posted it in the Garon thread but I don't think many people looked at it

Habber 02-20-2004 10:32 PM

Interesting Stats About Goalies
 
Number of games with 1 goal or less allowed this season:

Théodore has 22 in 50 games
Vokun has 13 in 52 games
Lalime has 14 in 42 games
Raycroft has 16 in 41 games
Luongo has 15 in 53 games
Weekes has 17 in 51 games
Aebisher has 20 in 46 games
Nabokov has 14 in 41 games
Toskala has 8 in 25 games
Cloutier has 15 in 44 games
Kiprussoff has 13 in 20 games
Osgood has 17 in 48 games
Turco has 21 in 55 games
Cechmanek 13 in 44 games
Roloson has 12 in 38 games
Salo has 9 in 37 games
Denis has 13 in 49 games

Of the goalies above, Theo has the most games of only allowing a goal or less and in fact only allows 0 or 1 goals in almost half the games he plays.

So this tells me that Theo is the most consistent goalie in the league and is dominating on more nights than any other goalie. By only letting in a goal or less in 22 games, he has shown that he can win games by himself more than every other tender.

JohnnyB11 02-20-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Of the goalies above, Theo has the most games of only allowing a goal or less and in fact only allows 0 or 1 goals in almost half the games he plays.

So this tells me that Theo is the most consistent goalie in the league and is dominating on more nights than any other goalie. By only letting in a goal or less in 22 games, he has shown that he can win games by himself more than every other tender.


But doesn't this, in fact, highlight his inconsistency?? 22 games with less than one goal, and 14 with four or more? Consistency is defined as "reliability or uniformity of successive results or events"... these numbers suggest that while Jose can be dominant he lacks this trait night in night out. Tommy Salo's numbers are far more consistent than Jose's, yet I'd still take Jose any day :D

Kirk Muller 02-20-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyB11
But doesn't this, in fact, highlight his inconsistency?? 22 games with less than one goal, and 14 with four or more? Consistency is defined as "reliability or uniformity of successive results or events"... these numbers suggest that while Jose can be dominant he lacks this trait night in night out. Tommy Salo's numbers are far more consistent than Jose's, yet I'd still take Jose any day :D


I think it goes to show how inconsistent this team is as a whole more than anything.

Team_Spirit 02-21-2004 12:28 AM

habber the most consistent in the league this year is Roberto Luongo .

This guy is incredible , another SO tonight ....

Habber 02-21-2004 12:37 AM

I wasn't trying to illustrate that Theo's the most consistent tender in the league but rather was raising the point that picking and choosing partial stats is misleading.

Mathletic 02-21-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
I wasn't trying to illustrate that Theo's the most consistent tender in the league but rather was raising the point that picking and choosing partial stats is misleading.

well it shows that Thédore doesn't give his team a chance to win every night

Dutchy 02-21-2004 11:42 AM

I think what this thread highlights is how much Raycroft has wicked stats this year and just how much the Calder trophy is his to lose.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.