HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Packers Trade Brett to the JETS! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=542060)

I Am Chariot 08-06-2008 11:18 PM

OT: Packers Trade Brett to the JETS!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...legend-to-Jets

Broadway Brett!

I Am Chariot 08-06-2008 11:23 PM

Hey the guy was one kick away from the Stuperbowl last year. If Joe Montana can victory lap for another team so can Brett!

Brett the Jet

1Knee1T 08-06-2008 11:25 PM

Awesome **** right here. I called this way back in July when he first said he was coming out.

PS - Is it pathetic that I thought the TC was talking about Betts?

danno2530 08-06-2008 11:28 PM

Good for the Jets. I'm not a fan but I don't hate them either and I'd love to see them **** up the Patriots.

Anthony Mauro 08-06-2008 11:31 PM

So fantasy wise who benefits the most from this move? Coles, Cotchery, Keller, or Jones?

Jaysfanatic* 08-06-2008 11:33 PM

Brett Favre is going to have a HORRIBLE season this year. He should have stayed retired. He's tarnished his legacy.

The Thomas J.* 08-06-2008 11:33 PM

Good job by the Jets! :handclap:

I Eat Crow 08-06-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 15095656)
Brett Favre is going to have a HORRIBLE season this year. He should have stayed retired. He's tarnished his legacy.

My thinking exactly. He should have stayed retired. He may ruin his shot at the HOF if he strings together a couple bad seasons not on the Packers.

peanutbuttacallytime 08-06-2008 11:35 PM

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :yo: :yo:

ThisYearsModel 08-06-2008 11:36 PM

This is awesome. The New York Bretts.

I Am Chariot 08-06-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 15095656)

Easy for you to say. The guy wants to play, he deserves a shot. Hes earned it.

Zeus54 08-06-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danno2530 (Post 15095616)
Good for the Jets. I'm not a fan but I don't hate them either and I'd love to see them **** up the Patriots.

Don't get your hopes up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20061119009

dank 08-06-2008 11:40 PM

clap clap, will be interesting

Jaysfanatic* 08-06-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 15095680)
Easy for you to say. The guy wants to play, he deserves a shot. Hes earned it.

Sure, but he also spat in the face of all his G-Bay fans and the team, and his mates. Worst of all, he spit in the face of Madden 09!

Zach and Slater 08-06-2008 11:41 PM

A small town Alberta boy will be going to his first ever NFL game, and it turns out to be the first ever home game for Brett Favre as a NY Jet, and it's against the Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Unreal!!! What a week I'm gonna have in NY, it could not be going any better. While I did not want to see Brett leave the Pack, for me personally he could not have gone to a better place. The Yanks and Rays, the Mets and Braves, the Yanks and Chi Sox.....and Griffey Jr is my all time favourite ball player, this is unbelieveable!!!

Gunnar Stahl 30 08-06-2008 11:43 PM

FAVREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

im so excited. finally an actual quarterback

sattar18 08-06-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santana (Post 15095691)

i would like to know who will cover coles,cothery,keller,jones and washington.

I would also like to remind you that revis played great vs moss last year (not the first game since he was a rookie without most of training camp).

EventHorizon 08-06-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TullyNYR (Post 15095595)
Awesome **** right here. I called this way back in July when he first said he was coming out.

So did I and I had brilliant logic behind my prediction. It seemed that whenever I played a franchise in NFL 2kwhatever, Favre ALWAYS wound up finishing his career with the Jets. Every single time. I remember thinking to myself "that would never happen". But this off-season as these troubles with the Packers were happening, I just had a feeling.

And my wife, in typical Jets fan fashion, is sitting here figuring out how this will go horribly wrong for her team. I'm trying to convince her that this is probably the best thing that's happened to the Jets since Bill Parcells.

Is it too early to talk Subway Super Bowl? ;) I think my wife and I might wind up divorced after one of those.

Jaysfanatic* 08-06-2008 11:56 PM

Think a game having Favre finish his career in NY is scary? In NHL 02 Brodeur ended up signing with the Rags and winning 2 Cups and 2 Vezinas before retiring. :( *shudders*

FrolundasFinest 08-06-2008 11:59 PM

I will preface this by saying something truthful, I am a Giants fan first and foremost, but do root for the Jets (unless they are playing the Giants of course).

For what the Jets had to give up to get him this is a great trade. One pick for a great QB is something all teams should do.

That being said, I do not think this makes the Jets a playoff team. They still have to play the Patriots twice, the Chargers in San Diego, go to the hardest stadium for an away team to play in (Seattle), and face what could be an improved Bengals team. They have to hope that their offensive line gels enough during the next few weeks so that they don't get their new QB killed. Then remember that they have to improve their defense, just because they did a lot during the offseason to try and make things better does not mean that they are going to be, especially because they got rid of Vilma who was a beast out there.

Also, Farve is going to have to develop chemistry with his receivers and fast, the first game of the year is exactly 29 days away. Not to mention learn a new playbook and get used to new running backs. Furthermore, what is this going to do for their chemistry? Farve is coming into a new team who is now going to have to get rid of their old starting QB (which one who knows?, but you got to figure that half the team considers one of them to be a leader). Last but not least, no one in New York wears Wranglers, he is such a small town guy, can he survive in the pressure cooker that is New York. Also, he is 38 and will be 39 come midseason, that wouldn't make me feel too comfortable (remember which board this is, we all know a thing or two about aging superstars changing teams).

At the end of the day I still think that this could work out well, but not this year. Next year though, he will be the face of the team as they move to a new stadium. They will have a years worth of chemistry on all fronts, and most likely a pretty good new draft pick in the fold.

Just my $.02.

Zeus54 08-07-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sattar18 (Post 15095813)
i would like to know who will cover coles,cothery,keller,jones and washington.

I would also like to remind you that revis played great vs moss last year (not the first game since he was a rookie without most of training camp).

Um, dude. Why are you trying to make the Jets offense sound like they're Pro Bowlers? Coles is good, Cotchery is okay, don't know who Keller is, Jones is an okay RB and Washington is nothing special.

Besides Revis, who's gonna cover that Patriot offense that scored 589 points in 2007?

McMonster 08-07-2008 12:17 AM

I'm a Jet fan but I'm not excited at all... I really don't like this guy... He is very selfish and I lost alot of respect for him in the past couple months

sattar18 08-07-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santana (Post 15095950)
Um, dude. Why are you trying to make the Jets offense sound like they're Pro Bowlers? Coles is good, Cotchery is okay, don't know who Keller is, Jones is an okay RB and Washington is nothing special.

Besides Revis, who's gonna cover that Patriot offense that scored 589 points in 2007?

cothery got 1000 yards playing with one leg chad and kellen, keller is the TE/ slot reciver they drafted, and by all reports he has been great in camp, Jones returns to the form behind the new O-line, and washingtion is a very good 2nd option at rb.

While i do agree that there is no one else besides revis, im hoping the pass rush gets to brady in time. And hopefully miller doesnt forget how to play football (like last year :shakehead )

Hopefully it means we can finally win a game in out stadium vs the pats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante 71 (Post 15095988)
I'm a Jet fan but I'm not excited at all... I really don't like this guy... He is very selfish and I lost alot of respect for him in the past couple months

i can honestly care less IF he gets us a superbowl :yo:

FrolundasFinest 08-07-2008 12:22 AM

The Jets GM is on ESPNews right now saying that there is going to be a transaction completed by 4PM involving Chad Pennington and it is not a trade. Waivers or Outright release, he isn't saying though. Interesting though, I wonder where he will end up.

Jarkko Immonen 08-07-2008 12:33 AM

It's exciting at least.