HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Pittsburgh-Anaheim (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=542322)

smackdaddy 08-08-2008 12:04 AM

Pittsburgh-Anaheim

Would Pittsburgh consider this?

To Ana: Malkin

To Pittsburgh: Pronger

Please 08-08-2008 12:04 AM

Hahaha.

Jaded-Fan 08-08-2008 12:05 AM

Get ready to be very flamed.

smackdaddy 08-08-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan (Post 15104901)
Get ready to be very flamed.

Bring it on.
Just a proposal.

Why wouldn't either team pull the trigger?

Kovy7117 08-08-2008 12:06 AM

omg that makes total sense :shakehead
o wait.....it makes no sense at all

smackdaddy 08-08-2008 12:07 AM

I know the FA board is a cesspool of one-liners, but someone give me a reason why this wouldn't work for both teams.

Harrison Ford 08-08-2008 12:08 AM

no. fail. now.

ok ill give it a shot. Malkin is too young and too highly skilled. Pronger is an aging defenseman. Although he is still very very good. But i dont think thats the defenseman that Pitt is looking for.

Phanuef is a more likely candidate to get traded for Malkin, because they are both young and highly skilled, young, and the future of the nhl.

Was that ok? haha

GernerPSU 08-08-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 15104922)
I know the FA board is a cesspool of one-liners, but someone give me a reason why this wouldn't work for both teams.

Lets completely ignore that Malkin is already a better player and the Pens woudl be sacrificing the future in this deal.

With this done, the Pens go from an elite offensive team to have a great #1 line and a poor #2 line. It is still probably a bit of a leap to assume Staal can hold down a good 2nd line. Then they have NINE NHL defensemen.

smackdaddy 08-08-2008 12:16 AM

I heard Phaneuf mentioned as a possible replacement for Pronger. Let me ask you something - Are you ****ing serious??

Phaneuf isn't even in the same league skill-wise as Pronger. I hate Pronger but I can still see his amazing skill.

Perhaps this doesn't work because offense is more coveted in the east than it is in the West, but are you guys not trying to win now instead of 3-5 years down the road? Malkin is good, but I think you guys walk away with a very legit chance at the cup if you acquire Pronger..

Mooseduck 08-08-2008 12:21 AM

Let's start by spelling Anaheim correctly. :handclap:

Harrison Ford 08-08-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 15105006)
I heard Phaneuf mentioned as a possible replacement for Pronger. Let me ask you something - Are you ****ing serious??

Phaneuf isn't even in the same league skill-wise as Pronger. I hate Pronger but I can still see his amazing skill.

Perhaps this doesn't work because offense is more coveted in the east than it is in the West, but are you guys not trying to win now instead of 3-5 years down the road? Malkin is good, but I think you guys walk away with a very legit chance at the cup if you acquire Pronger..

Woah there bud. Calm down. Im a Devils fan. Not a penguins fan. Phanuefs roof is much higher than Prongers at the moment, and i think that is more valuable to Pitt than Pronger is right now. I tried to be civil, and i gave you an honest answer.

Yes, i am ****ing serious. Save your tantrum for someone, wait no, everyone else who will bash you without a care. Buh-bye.

Kamina 08-08-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Their top six was deadly, but it took quite a bit of hits in the off-season thus far. What would happen to it without Malkin?

66-29-33 08-08-2008 12:22 AM

Staal goes before Malkin, and Crosby.

Staal for Pahlsson+

Pens keep a hell of shutdown center who's already won the best defensive player trophy, and get some other goodies.

We get to see how weird Staal will look in Ducks colors.:laugh:

worstfaceoffmanever 08-08-2008 12:25 AM

If the Pens move Malkin they sacrifice any kind of offense they might have outside of Crosby. Fedotenko, Pesonen, Satan and Sykora are their top wingers and Crosby + Malkin can outproduce those four put together by a good 30-40 points. Staal won't produce up to his full potential because he's on the third line with Dupuis and Kennedy or maybe Cooke, none of which are exactly offensive dynamos (though Kennedy shows some promise).

Pronger's an elite defenseman but the Pens already have 8 D-men. If you give the Pens Pronger, you'd have to take Sydor back and even then I'm not sure they have the cap space short-term to make this work.

spiny norman 08-08-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 15104886)
Would Pittsburgh consider this?

To Ana: Malkin

To Pittsburgh: Pronger

Pittsburgh definitely says NO.

Back to the OP, would Edmonton consider this?

To Ana: Gagner

To Edm: Pronger

Hussar 08-08-2008 12:30 AM

Don't you understand? This is HF, where potential and age outweighs experience and maturity. Even if your young phenom ends up bolting back to mother russia anyway.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 08-08-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 15104922)

1) Because the Pens have recently signed Malkin to a 5 year extension at below market value, 2) they're already set with a defense that allowed the 2nd lowest GA for the playoffs last year, and 3) it would be incredibly stupid to deal a 21 year old Hart candidate who just got off a Finals appearance after putting up over a PPG through the playoffs (despite being injured for half the post-season) for a 34 year old defenseman.

That's why.

Iggy-4-50 08-08-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Are you ****ing serious??

Phaneuf isn't even in the same league skill-wise as Pronger.

Are you sleep deprived? :shakehead

Pronger will now be behind Phaneuf till he retires,everyone on the planet knows this except some Oilers fans. I'm amazed at the lack of love Phaneuf gets from you guys, Phaneuf's first 3 years makes your former short lived superstar Pronger's first 3 look like a joke.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 08-08-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusyn (Post 15105131)
Don't you understand? This is HF, where potential and age outweighs experience and maturity.

He's already a 100+ point-scoring Hart candidate with over a PPG in the playoffs and a Finals appearance, and with a long-term bargain deal. Even if he didn't have any potential left, it would be moronic. His age and potential makes it even moreso.

Quote:

Even if your young phenom ends up bolting back to mother russia anyway.
I'll write it real slowww:

Looonnnggg. Terrrrmmm. Contraaaaactt.

Siiiignedddd.

If he had wanted more money, or a change of scenery, he wouldn't have committed. It's that simple.

duckyman 08-08-2008 12:38 AM

No way Phaneuf will be better than Pronger until Pronger retires, at least not next year.

Super Sniper Cele 08-08-2008 12:38 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

66-29-33 08-08-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctordark (Post 15105188)
I'll write it real slowww:

Looonnnggg. Terrrrmmm. Contraaaaactt.

Siiiignedddd.

If he had wanted more money, or a change of scenery, he wouldn't have committed. It's that simple.

Sorry you will have to repeat that, it's still too fast.:sarcasm:

Martyros 08-08-2008 12:45 AM

how about dion phaneuf for daniel alfredsson? ;)

Please 08-08-2008 12:48 AM

I dont think Pittsburgh would want to do this for Pronger, Maybe the Caps are willing to give up Ovechkin?

EkLOLund 08-08-2008 12:51 AM

Getzlaf + Perry + Ryan for Malkin

Would Pittsburgh fans do it?