HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Primeau out another 3-4 Weeks! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54262)

Flyersguru 02-21-2004 08:20 AM

Primeau out another 3-4 Weeks!

Rob parent is reporting this today...

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=215420&rfi=6

can it get any worse?

The Seeker 25 02-21-2004 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersguru
can it get any worse?

Please don't ask that question...I'm afraid of the answer.

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-21-2004 09:15 AM

Yeah, I agree. And then there is the schedule of top teams then next few weeks.

FlyersHomer DM03 02-21-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersguru
can it get any worse?

uhhhhh...oh

I read in yesterday's paper that Primeau was just about rid of all the post-symptoms. Time for Handzus to step up, because this team is in trouble.

Alexei Zhamnov is a good player, and any center at all will help us, but I'm beginning to think that Clarke should of went and gotten more of an energy player, instead of a guy deemed 'soft'. I don't know if one was available, but for the price we gave up (not hefty, but plenty), there probably would of been.

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-21-2004 10:08 AM

This was in today's (Saturday's) New York Post/Larry Brooks' column (I put the full story on the trade rumor hockey board):

Meanwhile, Holik has come under heavy criticism from Canadian commentators the last week over his refusal to fight Donald Brashear in the final minutes of last Saturday's game in Philadelphia. The enforcer stalked Holik in an attempt to gain retribution for the Ranger center's collision two nights earlier with Keith Primeau that concussed the Flyer center. When Holik refused to take the bait from Brashear, a brawl involving Chris Simon that spilled over to include Jamie Lundmark and Danny Markov ensued. "Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent. That is my opinion. I'm not going to fight because someone else thinks I should."

MPFly 02-21-2004 10:13 AM

Crazy to think but if the Flyers were forced to look for a guy that fills Primeauís on ice roll Holik is perfect and with his ridicules contract should be available for little more than a draft pick. How ironic?

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-21-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPFly
Crazy to think but if the Flyers were forced to look for a guy that fills Primeauís on ice roll Holik is perfect and with his ridicules contract should be available for little more than a draft pick. How ironic?

Just to clarify, the rumor in the New York Post is Holik going back to New Jersey. I posted the quote here because it deals with Primeau's injury.

dedalus 02-21-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
Just to clarify, the rumor in the New York Post is Holik going back to New Jersey. I posted the quote here because it deals with Primeau's injury.

It's not even a rumor; it's Brooks being desperate for something to write and a deadline over his head. He even reports in the story that Holik was dumbstruck when the mere idea was floated past him. It's a ridiculous notion.

At the same time, should the Rangers elect to put Holik on the market, it'll take more than a pick to get him.

MPFly 02-21-2004 11:12 AM

9 million a year for the next 3 years. It will be the Rags adding the pick to just to get some one to take that absurd contract.

dedalus 02-21-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

9 million a year for the next 3 years. It will be the Rags adding the pick to just to get some one to take that absurd contract.

Hmmm ... doubt it. As you wrote yourself, he's the perfect playoff addition, and more than one team will inquire after him.

We'll certainly see if Holik actually goes on the market.

biggbloo 02-21-2004 08:00 PM

I miss Primeau most of all!!

Although I enjoy J.R.,there is nobody on this team who plays with as much heart and soul as K.P. Get better soon Keith,you're sadly missed!

Gert B Frobe 02-21-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
This was in today's (Saturday's) New York Post/Larry Brooks' column (I put the full story on the trade rumor hockey board):

Meanwhile, Holik has come under heavy criticism from Canadian commentators the last week over his refusal to fight Donald Brashear in the final minutes of last Saturday's game in Philadelphia. The enforcer stalked Holik in an attempt to gain retribution for the Ranger center's collision two nights earlier with Keith Primeau that concussed the Flyer center. When Holik refused to take the bait from Brashear, a brawl involving Chris Simon that spilled over to include Jamie Lundmark and Danny Markov ensued. "Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent. That is my opinion. I'm not going to fight because someone else thinks I should."

Holik won't fight anybody- ever. The reason he won't- because he doesn't know how- didn't learn how when he was young and is afraid of getting tuned up. Brashear is the last guy in the league he'd even dream of fighting. Maybe he'd fight Martin St. Louis or Theo Fleury while drunk- or maybe if Gretzky came out of retirement....

RoDu 02-21-2004 11:52 PM

never trust players with the uni-brow

Rex88 02-22-2004 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineers

Holik won't fight anybody- ever. The reason he won't- because he doesn't know how- didn't learn how when he was young and is afraid of getting tuned up. Brashear is the last guy in the league he'd even dream of fighting. Maybe he'd fight Martin St. Louis or Theo Fleury while drunk- or maybe if Gretzky came out of retirement....

I think Theo would kick his butt.
Feds just needs to "not see him in time to avoid hitting him in the jaw" at the next game.

MPFly 02-22-2004 09:21 AM

Yes, dedalus ďon the iceĒ Holik would be a great play-off addition for any team. But he is grossly over paid, I can not even come up with an adjective that sufficient describes his contract. Ridicules and absurd donít do it enough justice. No team is going to pick up a 9 million a year contract in this labor market except maybe the Rangers. He wont be going any where unless the Rags pick up some of the tab.

stanley 02-22-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (statement from Bobby Holik)
"Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent."

Um, Bob? You lost that game, bud.

FearTheFlyers 02-22-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dedalus 02-22-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley

Err ... yeah but Holik wasn't the one looking for payback, remember?

Quote:

No team is going to pick up a 9 million a year contract in this labor market except maybe the Rangers.

We'll simply agree to disagree on this one. Hopefully we don't find out since I happen to favor Holik in a Blueshirt. You keep and pay the guy for his ability to shut down guys like Federov (not to mention his ability to do damage with his hits) and he's done both as a Ranger just as he used to as a Devil.

Also as you say yourself, the market opens up for his services if the Rangers eat contract. For the Rangers, eating contract has never been a hindrance, and considering how cheaply they're getting Jagr, it should mean even less if they decide to move Holik.