HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   USHL Fargo Force (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=542736)

Dakota Sioux 08-09-2008 09:54 PM

USHL Fargo Force

The Fargo Force will be playing in the brand spanking new UP Center.Will be one of the finest if not finest arena in the USHL.Looking forward to the first game there Oct.30.

http://www.upcenterfargo.org/

Rabid Husky 08-17-2008 10:50 PM

I've got to get up there for a game this year to watch 3 future Huskies play. :)

Dakota Sioux 08-18-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Husky (Post 15188139)
I've got to get up there for a game this year to watch 3 future Huskies play. :)

It's going to be a great buildong to watch hockey.I can see down the road where the state hockey tourney will move there from the RALPH and finally making the Grand Forks schools leave there own backyard.
The Force should put a decent product on the ice considering they got some veterans from the Ohio team that folded.
What future Huskies are on the team Rabid?

starsfan24 08-18-2008 05:40 PM

Wow looks like it is a really nice arena!

Ryan 08-20-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux (Post 15189724)
It's going to be a great buildong to watch hockey.I can see down the road where the state hockey tourney will move there from the RALPH and finally making the Grand Forks schools leave there own backyard.
The Force should put a decent product on the ice considering they got some veterans from the Ohio team that folded.
What future Huskies are on the team Rabid?

Mike Lee (G-Roseau), Bryce Ravndalen (F-Warroad), and Nick Oliver (F-Roseau). Oliver is doing a before and after with Fargo.

Fargo has a very young squad, but Blais is an amazing coach.

Rabid Husky 08-22-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 15206946)
Mike Lee (G-Roseau), Bryce Ravndalen (F-Warroad), and Nick Oliver (F-Roseau). Oliver is doing a before and after with Fargo.

I figured Dakota would know that, since we got them all from "Sioux Territory." ;)

This could be a real exciting team to watch, really no pressure for them first year, I just hope the FM comes out in support. I went to a lot of FM Jets games (yes i know the NAHL is a lower level) and the support was sad. Crappy arena though too.

Ryan 08-22-2008 08:30 AM

Fargo has a lot of very young and inexperienced players. I think they will have a slow start, but could be a team to watch as the season progresses. I'm also interested to see how Lee adjusts to the higher competition level.

I think they have sold over 2,000? season tickets, so they should be in good shape. I hope the 3rd time is the charm for the USHL in Fargo.

Dakota Sioux 08-22-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Husky (Post 15226057)
I figured Dakota would know that, since we got them all from "Sioux Territory." ;)

This could be a real exciting team to watch, really no pressure for them first year, I just hope the FM comes out in support. I went to a lot of FM Jets games (yes i know the NAHL is a lower level) and the support was sad. Crappy arena though too.

Crappy arena is right.Now when I played in it back in the late 70's it was considered nice but nowadays it's considered a dump.Attendance should be great the first year despite what their record may be.I know they are scheduling all home games when the SIOUX are not playing in the RALPH.That will help a ton.

Yeti 08-23-2008 11:54 AM

Check out their mascot...almost as bad as their logo.

http://www.in-forum.com/gfx/photos/full/X00055_932.JPG

Dakota Sioux 08-23-2008 04:43 PM

When they kick your Lincoln boys arse you will think otherwise.;)

Rabid Husky 08-23-2008 05:38 PM

It does kind of look like a mentally challenged kid. I wonder why they felt they needed a mascot with a name like Force.

Yeti 08-23-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux (Post 15238795)
When they kick your Lincoln boys arse you will think otherwise.;)

lolz. The Stars will never lose to the fighting Cabbage Patch Dolls.

:laugh:

Dakota Sioux 08-23-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 15239123)
lolz. The Stars will never lose to the fighting Cabbage Patch Dolls.

:laugh:

I gotta admit that is one terrible looking mascot but I don't go to games because of some dude in a hot suit.The Force may struggle a bit to start out but they will be okay.With Blaise behind the bench I can guarantee you one thing they will be very physical just like the Fighting Sioux were when he coached them.Strap it on tight because they will be comin at ya.

Leo W 08-23-2008 08:20 PM

Steel ftw, my brother played for them this year. Cunti, Miele, and Weber are absolutely amazing.

Dakota Sioux 08-24-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar (Post 15240101)
Steel ftw, my brother played for them this year. Cunti, Miele, and Weber are absolutely amazing.

Ya think that guys gets some crap on the ice with a name like that.He best have some thick skin.

Dakota Sioux 08-26-2008 07:00 PM

2008-09 FARGO FORCE ROSTER
NAME POSITION HOMETOWN PREVIOUS TEAM
Mike Lee Goalie Roseau, MN Roseau Rams
Cody Campbell Goalie Colorado Springs, CO Pikes Peak Minors U-16 AAA
Eamonn McDermott Defense Shaker Heights, OH Cleveland Bison
Ryan Ladoucer Defense Grand Forks, ND Red River High School
Jacob Sloat Defense Superior, CO CO Thunderbirds AAA
Jarrett Galbreath Defense Grand Forks, ND Red River High School
Luke Witkowski Defense Holland, MI Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets
Tom McCarthy Defense Maple Grove, MN Benilide St. Margarets
Jake Areshenko Defense Port Coquitlam, BC Powell River BCHL
Steven Spinell Defense Chicago, IL Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets
Gehrett Sargis Forward Midlothian, IL Seguin Bruins OPJA
Gavin Hartzog Forward Pewowkee, WI Marquette High School
Nick Oliver Forward Wannaska, MN Roseau High School
Chase Grant Forward Oklahoma City, OK Dallas Stars AAA
Bryce Ravndalen Forward Roosevelt, MN Warroad High School
Nick Thielen Forward Moorhead, MN Moorhead High School
Chad Demers Forward Grafton, ND Grafton/Park River HS
Cole Gunner Forward Richfield, MN Richfield HS
Colton St.Clair Forward Gilbert, AZ PF Changs
Andrew Taranto Forward Woodridge, IL Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets
Matthew Leitner Forward Los Alamipos, CA Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets
Daniel Durham Forward Chicago, IL Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets
Joshua Birkholz Forward Maple Grove, MN Blake High School
Nathan Condon Forward Wausau, WI Wausau West High School
Johnnie Searfoss Forward Colleyville, TX Texas Tornados

Ryan 08-27-2008 08:13 AM

Tyler Bruggeman to Fargo

That gives them 3 goalies with Lee and Campbell already on the roster.

ForceFanNJ 08-27-2008 03:22 PM

New players on Roster?

Started at 25, then to 26 yesterday, now up to 30. Fills allowable limit. Who are the new people??? Futures? Looks like there's going to be some pearing down on the Forward line to get to the 23 limit by October.

All these guys showing up for camp next week??? :shakehead

Ryan 08-27-2008 06:23 PM

It looks to me like the 3 Ohio vets cut were placed back on the roster (Stewart, Cseter, Michalke). I don't know what the deal is with that.

Dakota Sioux 08-27-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 15275688)
It looks to me like the 3 Ohio vets cut were placed back on the roster (Stewart, Cseter, Michalke). I don't know what the deal is with that.

Having played against Blais when he was a coach and watching him coach the FIGHTING SIOUX for years he has a method to his madness.In the end he will have the best team he can muster up on the ice.I know one thing the goalies who don't start in a particular game better be ready from the drop of the puck.He likes to play musical chairs once in awhile at least he did with the SIOUX.

Dakota Sioux 09-14-2008 11:03 AM

Force played their first exibition game in Moorhead,Mn. last nite and lost to Sioux Falls Stampede 5-2.Force did outshoot them but fell victim to goals with 8 seconds to go in the first and second period.The game was standing room only which doesn't surprise me.

ForceFanNJ 09-16-2008 06:02 AM

And your assessment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux (Post 15441956)
Force played their first exibition game in Moorhead,Mn. last nite and lost to Sioux Falls Stampede 5-2.Force did outshoot them but fell victim to goals with 8 seconds to go in the first and second period.The game was standing room only which doesn't surprise me.

What was your assessment of the players you saw - good and bad? What big areas do they have to work on?

Dakota Sioux 09-17-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceFanNJ (Post 15460897)
What was your assessment of the players you saw - good and bad? What big areas do they have to work on?

I wasn't at the game.Don't know when I will get to one.

Dakota Sioux 09-27-2008 09:35 PM

Force seem to like to fight.Todays penalties.
PENALTIES
Period 1
Fargo - Colten St. Clair - (Hooking), 2 min, 9:16
Green Bay - Reed Seckel - (Elbowing), 2 min, 11:00
Green Bay - Kevin Albers - (Holding), 2 min, 12:43

Period 2
Green Bay - CJ Lee - (Holding), 2 min, 6:08
Green Bay - Taylor Johnson - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 6:53
Fargo - Matt Leitner - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 6:53
Fargo - Matt Leitner - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 6:53
Fargo - Tom McCarthy - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 6:53
Green Bay - Robert Shea - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 6:53
Green Bay - Robert Shea - (Grabbing Face Mask Major), 5 min, 6:53
Green Bay - Robert Shea - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 6:53
Green Bay - Robert Shea - (Facemask Game Misconduct), 10 min, 6:53
Fargo - Chase Grant - (Delay of Game), 2 min, 18:29
Green Bay - Jacob Johnstone - (Delay of Game), 2 min, 18:29
Fargo - Nick Oliver - (Slashing), 2 min, 18:29

Period 3
Fargo - Steve Spinell - (Kneeing), 2 min, 2:46
Green Bay - CJ Lee - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 7:19
Fargo - Nick Oliver - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 7:19
Green Bay - Reed Seckel - (Tripping), 2 min, 9:44
Green Bay - Max Cook - (Kneeing), 2 min, 13:35
Green Bay - Kevin Albers - (Slashing), 2 min, 14:23
Fargo - Johnnie Searfoss - (High Sticking), 2 min, 16:07
Fargo - Cody Campbell - (Slashing), 2 min, 17:35

ShowmeHawks 09-29-2008 12:37 PM

Fargo has one of my boys, Gehrett Sargis. I watched him his junior and senior year of high school. Great kid.