HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund Rumor: Gaborik to Ottawa? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=543624)

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 05:29 PM

Gaborik to Ottawa?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16477

Quote:

I have even heard a rumour this morning that the Ottawa Senators have been quietly working on a potential "MEGA" deal that would land Gaborik.
I could see this one happening, but only if one of the big three is going back and it is not Alfie, and Spezza won't be traded unless we are getting a #1 center back so the most likely option is Heatley for Gaborik +

Maybe Heatley and Gerber for Gaborik, Backstrom + ?

aegwillnotwinthecup* 08-13-2008 05:31 PM

Heatley for Gaborik would be a lateral move. Don't see why either team would do it.

And no way is Minnesota trading Backstrom for Gerber. Keep dreaming.

DreamCatcher* 08-13-2008 05:32 PM

Why do people still post rumors from this fraud?

Don't people understand Eklund distributes rumors solely for the increase of traffic on his website.

Zizou 08-13-2008 05:33 PM

It won't happen. Eklund's supposed "MEGA" deals never happen. He occasionally mentions something with some kind of merit but anytime he needs to CAPITALIZE words to EMPHASIZE the potential IMPACT a certain move could happen --- never ends up happening. Thus, whenever you see CAPITAL letters, just ignore and scroll through.

They usually involve players of high-end caliber from teams "SECRETLY" putting together MONSTER deals and usually those are NEVER leaked. When's the last time he ever broke something like that?

I didn't see him talking about DL phoning GMs about the availability of Cammalleri and Visnovsky, even though the LA media knew about it! And I didn't read Phoenix as a possible destination for Olli Jokinen.

TOML 08-13-2008 05:37 PM

Ottawa would be better off with a proven puckmoving defenseman and an all-star goalie.

sonny side up 08-13-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Natural (Post 15154168)
It won't happen. Eklund's supposed "MEGA" deals never happen. He occasionally mentions something with some kind of merit but anytime he needs to CAPITALIZE words to EMPHASIZE the potential IMPACT a certain move could happen --- never ends up happening. Thus, whenever you see CAPITAL letters, just ignore and scroll through.

They usually involve players of high-end caliber from teams "SECRETLY" putting together MONSTER deals and usually those are NEVER leaked. When's the last time he ever broke something like that?

I didn't see him talking about DL phoning GMs about the availability of Cammalleri and Visnovsky, even though the LA media knew about it! And I didn't read Phoenix as a possible destination for Olli Jokinen.

QFT!!!!

Ziggy Stardust 08-13-2008 05:41 PM

So where has Gaborik not been rumored to?

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup (Post 15154155)
Heatley for Gaborik would be a lateral move. Don't see why either team would do it.

No one would trade Heatley for Gaborik

And the reason I said Backstrom added with Gaborik, is because they have Josh Harding almost if not ready for a NHL starting job

And I don't see how that isn't fair, Gaborik is a UFA this year, Minnesota should still be adding

Shoalzie 08-13-2008 05:47 PM

I think he'll be rumored to all 29 other teams before he actually gets trade...

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndHereWeGo (Post 15154160)
Why do people still post rumors from this fraud?

Don't people understand Eklund distributes rumors solely for the increase of traffic on his website.

It gives us something to do in the offseason, we get to talk about something that probably isn't going to happen but we have fun anyway

Randall Graves* 08-13-2008 05:50 PM

Tomorrow...Gaborik to Montreal, Eklund needs to meet his quota.

Laoghaire 08-13-2008 05:52 PM

Heatley has a NTC that kicked in July 1st, 2008.

The Puck 08-13-2008 05:53 PM

This just in: Eklund's one and only source is Burt the Dog.

struckmatch 08-13-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup (Post 15154155)

Heatley is still the better player, its not by much, but he gets a slight edge over Gaborik.

...and I agree completely, not a chance Minnesota deals a goaltender like Backstrom unless their getting an upgrade back, and Gerber is far from an upgrade.

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckmatch (Post 15154367)
Heatley is still the better player, its not by much, but he gets a slight edge over Gaborik.

...and I agree completely, not a chance Minnesota deals a goaltender like Backstrom unless their getting an upgrade back, and Gerber is far from an upgrade.

But the thing is Gaborik is a UFA this year, it totally hurts his stock

I mean if you trade a supertstar like Heatley for him and he runs as a UFA

You just gave up your playoff chances

Poignant Discussion 08-13-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza (Post 15154243)
No Ottawa fanboy would trade Heatley for Gaborik

And the reason I said Backstrom added with Gaborik, is because they have Josh Harding almost if not ready for a NHL starting job

And I don't see how that isn't fair, Gaborik is a UFA this year, Minnesota should still be adding

Fixed it for you

mckeefan* 08-13-2008 06:04 PM

All Eklund does all day is shoot up until rumors start popping into his head then he discusses them with his dog.

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion (Post 15154414)
Fixed it for you

Wow, you can change my post your really cool :sarcasm:

Heatley is undoubtfully better than Gaborik and I think Sens Fans will agree I am not a Heatley fan, not at all

FruityPants3* 08-13-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 15154224)
So where has Gaborik not been rumored to?

None of the European leagues yet. Just Russia.

struckmatch 08-13-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza (Post 15154454)
Wow, you can change my post your really cool :sarcasm:

Heatley is undoubtfully better than Gaborik and I think Sens Fans will agree I am not a Heatley fan, not at all

I understand the contract status of Gaborik hurts his value in this particular case, but as far as players, contracts aside, Heatley isn't ahead by much.

What hurts Gaborik is his durability. He played in 77 games last year, but years before that were 48 and 65 games respectively. If Gaborik maintains his health he could easily be a 50 goal guy. (Especially since he plays the Canucks 6 times a year)

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckmatch (Post 15154484)
I understand the contract status of Gaborik hurts his value in this particular case, but as far as players, contracts aside, Heatley isn't ahead by much.

What hurts Gaborik is his durability. He played in 77 games last year, but years before that were 48 and 65 games respectively. If Gaborik maintains his health he could easily be a 50 goal guy. (Especially since he plays the Canucks 6 times a year)

Yes, he probably could, I agree he isn't far away from Heatley player-wise his contract and his durability issues hurt his stock, enough to me to close the gap between Backstrom and Gerber

Laoghaire 08-13-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckmatch (Post 15154484)

How does playing a defensive team with the best goalie in the league six times a year make him more likely to score 50?

Hale The Villain 08-13-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnanigans (Post 15154518)
How does playing a defensive team with the best goalie in the league six times a year make him more likely to score 50?

What are you talking about? :loony:

:sarcasm:

Burlington Bomb 26 08-13-2008 06:28 PM

Ottawa would be stupid to give up Heatley for Gaborik, with that said i think Eklund is full of ****....again

tony d 08-13-2008 06:30 PM

Are we going to get a Gaborik to every team thread? The only deal that I've seen with Gaborik's name involved that makes sense is the Gaborik to Carolina deal.