HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ruutu: signs of things to come? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54370)

MeN_Ace2 02-21-2004 03:29 PM

Ruutu: signs of things to come?

Well, I must say I have been very impressed with Ruutu's play of late. Clearly after adjusting to his team/NHL he has become lot more productive offensively as well.

Intrested on thoughts from the Blackhawks fans who get to see him lot more.

Last 23 games, he has 8g 7a for 15pts according to TSN.ca :yo:

Teemu 02-21-2004 04:39 PM

yup. and i think that those stats will improve further, now that zhamnov and sullivan are gone (he gets more time on the top 2 lines). He had 3 pts and a bonejarring hit in his first game without those two.

Wally112pac 02-21-2004 05:44 PM

It's too bad it took him 45 games to adjust. He could have been in the running for the Calder otherwise.

shoot the PUCK!!! 02-22-2004 08:52 AM

You also have to remember he had surgery on his knee last year.They say it takes a year to get back to pre-op strength. He's just past a year and is starting to look like the player the Hawks thought.

Teemu 02-22-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoot the PUCK!!!
You also have to remember he had surgery on his knee last year.They say it takes a year to get back to pre-op strength. He's just past a year and is starting to look like the player the Hawks thought.

and the players EVERYONE but us hates :D

MeN_Ace2 02-22-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu08

Hey, Im a Colorado fan and I LOVE his play! :D

DaMick 02-22-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu08

Im a Isles fan...Ruutu is a Old school type player.....great for Hockey :handclap:

janniem 02-22-2004 06:03 PM

I live in NH - I'd take him on the Bruins anyday! (I DO hate his brother, though)

shoot the PUCK!!! 02-23-2004 11:21 AM

I see he got fined for the hit on pressing during the sharks game-1000$. You have to like the way the sharks were crying about the Hawks hitting. D-men will think twice when he's on the forecheck. Finally a Hawk who likes to hit!!

hawksgoal 02-25-2004 07:31 PM

2 goals tonight so far looking great against bluejackets

Carbonneau 02-25-2004 08:17 PM

I got to watch this guy twice last year here in Nova Scotia.

The 1st was an exhibition game in Truro against Team Swizterland. Ruutu had a presence on the ice and was by far the best player there, and thats with Pitikanen on the team.

The 2nd was New Years eve in Halifax against Team Canada, Ruutu and Tootoo, had a great battle over who had the most vowels in their last name.

He's going to be your captain someday

Hockeyfan02 02-25-2004 08:22 PM

Is this his first hat trick tonight?

Teemu 02-25-2004 08:52 PM

no, he only had 2 goals (though he got a shot that was deflected by calder and went in).

Ruutu was dominant tonight. the calder-ruutu-mclean line has been awesome

Canadian Chris 02-25-2004 09:04 PM

Canucks fan here, and Ruutu is great....both of them :D

eboz 02-26-2004 12:25 PM

I really hope that T. Ruutu will be the next finnish top-forward. His playing style fits in NHL very well. Hopefully he stays healthy. Jari Kurri ,the best finnish player ever, shined in the 80s and Teemu Selänne was one of the best NHL-players in the 90s, now there aren't any other top players/prospects when talking about forwards than Ruutu and maybe Lauri Tukonen in my opinion. Let's hope that they'll prove themselves.

hawksgoal 02-26-2004 05:09 PM

I have watched almost every hawks game this and is it just me or it looks as if he has gotten faster and a lot shifter on he skates. I really think the knee was not 100% in the begining of the year but is better now. He can really make some awsome moves, he beat 2 guys on his second goal and almost beat three late in 4 min PP in the third, but the last D-man able to reach in from behind just enough that he could not get a good shot away.

Spiffy 02-26-2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eboz
I really hope that T. Ruutu will be the next finnish top-forward. His playing style fits in NHL very well. Hopefully he stays healthy. Jari Kurri ,the best finnish player ever, shined in the 80s and Teemu Selänne was one of the best NHL-players in the 90s, now there aren't any other top players/prospects when talking about forwards than Ruutu and maybe Lauri Tukonen in my opinion. Let's hope that they'll prove themselves.

Joni Pitkänen and Kari Lehtonen are pretty promising too ;)

eboz 02-28-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiffy
Joni Pitkänen and Kari Lehtonen are pretty promising too ;)

Yes, but I was talking about forwards who can score 30-40 goals and 70-80 points in a season.

CNote 02-29-2004 04:13 PM

wow! he just scored a beauty on the PP against Florida....2pnts today...this kid is really coming into his own. :handclap:

later,
dutch

Qubax 02-29-2004 06:44 PM

In the last 12 games he has 7 goals and 5 assists for 12 points....

That's insane...

I mean I thought his upside was all 60 point-ish..but I mean if the kid is already doing a point per game clip over even a dozen games in his rookie season playing with not the greatest talent...then look out

I mean man alive....

Ruutu is not worried about his knee anymore and he's geting some quality minutes....his linemates on alomst any other team would be a bit higher quality....but either way the kids a stud

Vlad The Impaler 03-01-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax
In the last 12 games he has 7 goals and 5 assists for 12 points....

That's insane...

I mean I thought his upside was all 60 point-ish..but I mean if the kid is already doing a point per game clip over even a dozen games in his rookie season playing with not the greatest talent...then look out

It is dangerous to judge a player simply over a small stretch. Ask the legion of Oilers fan who now look dumb because of totally ridiculous expectations they had on Hemsky. All because Ales finished last season with a point per game over a small stretch.

Ruutu still looks to me like a key player who will rack 60-something points per year in his prime.

MeN_Ace2 03-02-2004 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
It is dangerous to judge a player simply over a small stretch. Ask the legion of Oilers fan who now look dumb because of totally ridiculous expectations they had on Hemsky. All because Ales finished last season with a point per game over a small stretch.

Ruutu still looks to me like a key player who will rack 60-something points per year in his prime.

I think your underrating Ruutu's offensive potential. He is on pace for 34pts on his rookie season, and I bet he will finish with more if he stays healthy.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...18&hubName=CHI

Bacon 03-02-2004 03:15 AM

BOTTOM LINE: Ruutu will be a star in this league and i see him following a career path similar to someone we Hawk fans are very familiar with. Jeremy Roenick. Obviously Ruutu wont be a 50 goal, 100 point guy, but that's cuz the NHL is a different game than 12-15 years ago. But with his physical play and offensive skills, i dont see him being as good as Forsberg, but i think JR is a good solid comparison. Ruutu seems to have FUN while playing, like JR always has.

Teemu 03-02-2004 05:08 PM

Ruutu was runner up for rookie of the month :handclap:

MeN_Ace2 03-03-2004 11:37 PM

Ruutu with another goal and assist! :yo: