HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Jeff Carter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=544449)

echlfreak 08-17-2008 03:08 PM

Jeff Carter

Rumors have constantly been flowing around that Philly is trying to get rid of Jeff Carter and his $5M salary. He scored 29 goals last year but Philly is $5M over the cap and need to shed space.

Radulov would have been due for a $5M contract anyways as of next season so it basically would take place of that contract a year in advance. What would Nashville be willing to trade in order to get a sure fire prospect that has proven himself at this level.

Klein
Smith
1st or 2nd Rounder in 09...or a combination of the 13 available

Thoughts? Yes I know he is a center

S2D 08-17-2008 11:26 PM

What? They're not trying to "get rid of him". If anything, they're looking to deal from a position of strength (Forward) to help a position that's somewhat of a weakness for them (Defense).

Suter would get it done, and probably nothing less.

worstfaceoffmanever 08-18-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2D (Post 15188401)

And that means it won't happen.

We really don't need another center, anyway.

Enoch 08-18-2008 12:54 PM

I think Suter holds the higher value due to the contract disparity and Philly's cap problems.

worstfaceoffmanever 08-18-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 15191956)
I think Suter holds the higher value due to the contract disparity and Philly's cap problems.

With Rathje and Hatcher going on LTIR they don't really have a cap problem... yet.

GKJ 08-18-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 15193697)
With Rathje and Hatcher going on LTIR they don't really have a cap problem... yet.

Not yet. We don't have a cap problem. At all.

If the Flyers wanted to get rid of Carter's $5M salary they wouldn't have given it to him. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded the 4 first round picks they would have gotten as compensation. He is also still an (arbitration-eligible) RFA at the end of his current contract. They have no reason to trade him for anything less.

TheKingPin 08-23-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

What? They're not trying to "get rid of him". If anything, they're looking to deal from a position of strength (Forward) to help a position that's somewhat of a weakness for them (Defense).

yup, we arnt trying to get rid of him so if we ever were to make a deal the other team would be ripped off.

Clown Baby 08-23-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

I think Philly's strength is wing, not forward. They're pretty weak down the center once you get past the big three.

Enoch 08-24-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clown Baby (Post 15241332)
I think Philly's strength is wing, not forward. They're pretty weak down the center once you get past the big three.

lol....

There are only four lines...

nine_inch_fang 08-24-2008 09:04 AM

Yeah but we have some top notch forth line centers. One of them has to be able to get us a top six winger....maybe add a draft pick if we have to.:sarcasm:

worstfaceoffmanever 08-24-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clown Baby (Post 15241332)

:facepalm:

Clown Baby 08-24-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 15242577)
lol....

There are only four lines...

Yeah but Danny Briere sucks at center. Thats why John Stevens switched him to wing during the playoffs. He even mentioned making the switch a little more permanent a while back.

If they do that Joffrey Lupul and Scottie Upshall are eventually going to price themselves out of Philly since the team's snug up against the cap as is. Those are the guys we should be looking at; not Carter or Richards.