HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Andrei vs. Sergei (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=544853)

Pr3Va1L 08-19-2008 11:38 AM

Andrei vs. Sergei

Alright so...

Which one of Kostityn brothers do you think will have the best NHL career, and why?

For me, I think it's gonna be Sergei. He plays a VERY different game than his brother, much less flamboyant (not highlight reel material), but he's so very good at controlling the play and at reading it that if he's paired with a great sniper once in his career, he'll be a productive mofo.

He always seems to slow down the play until he can get that perfect pass in the slot, and it really works, too! Only problem is last year he was making those passes to Latendresse and other such players...

Which one is better? :yo:

AD 08-19-2008 11:40 AM

We've done this before..

but for the record, I think its Andrei.. a smidgeon less "vision". But better skating and better shot.

terreur 08-19-2008 11:41 AM

Andrei, he has a hell of a shot!

Tuggy 08-19-2008 11:44 AM

I think it's Andrei and by quite a bit actually. I believe he is the most skilled player on the team behind Kovalev and I believe Andrei is the best goal scorer on the team. People only got a taste of what he can do last year and he has loads of talent. There was a reason why he was a top 10 pick and many believed that he could of went higher.

Blades 0f Steel 08-19-2008 11:44 AM

Sergei will probably be slowed down due to injuries due to his style of play.

Honestly, I wouldn't underestimate either one. Both are capable of putting up 80 points. However, if Andrei plays with a great center most of his career, and he's more likely to, I'd have to give him the nod.

Watsatheo 08-19-2008 11:52 AM

I think Sergei will turn out similar to Saku Koivu and Andrei will turn out similar to Alex Kovalev.

I guess Andrei will put up the better numbers.

Templeton 08-19-2008 12:06 PM

... and Latendresse was putting the puck in the net most of the time. Anyway, your scientific crystal ball says that he is a bust ...

Oh, is this topic talking about the Kostitsyn brothers ?
I say Andrei because of his incredible skills set and that once he will feel confortable in the NHL, he will be something to see.

beowulf 08-19-2008 12:09 PM

I am thinking Andrei but I like both and as others have said they are likely both goin to have strong careers.

Habs10Habs 08-19-2008 12:18 PM

Flip a coin, because I think both will become star players in the future. But if I'm forced to choose now, my vote goes to Andrei.

Maxpac 08-19-2008 12:32 PM

Andrei by far, he's faster, stronger, better deker, better shot, passes are the same for both, Sergei has 2 things more then Andrei, he's a better playmaker and he adapts to a situation ALOT quicker

Kriss E 08-19-2008 12:33 PM

Who's better?..Henrik or Daniel?

Monctonscout 08-19-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L (Post 15200481)
Alright so...

Which one of Kostityn brothers do you think will have the best NHL career, and why?

For me, I think it's gonna be Sergei. He plays a VERY different game than his brother, much less flamboyant (not highlight reel material), but he's so very good at controlling the play and at reading it that if he's paired with a great sniper once in his career, he'll be a productive mofo.

He always seems to slow down the play until he can get that perfect pass in the slot, and it really works, too! Only problem is last year he was making those passes to Latendresse and other such players...

Which one is better? :yo:

I think it's the other way around. Sergei is a lot more flamboyant while Andrei is more productive. I think Andrei has 80-90 point upside(some of that will depend if he gets to play with a top center in his prime). Sergei is more like Higgins, he does a lot of things well but is not a pure skill player and he is nowhere near the finisher Andrei is.

Super Sniper Cele 08-19-2008 12:34 PM

You guys should just be thankful that you have both. ;)

Habs10Habs 08-19-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Sniper Cele (Post 15201024)
You guys should just be thankful that you have both. ;)

Oh we are, probably not as thankful as Pen's fans for having Crosby/Malkin. But it's probably pretty close. ;)

MasterD 08-19-2008 12:38 PM

I think Sergei will be more valuable, as he can/could play the PK is needed, can play the PP, and can create plays for his linemates.

Andrei should no doubt be a way better goal scorer, but I have a feeling he'll be one of those star wingers who need a good centerman to achieve.

11Goat11 08-19-2008 12:41 PM

Andrei will be the better goal scoring highlight reel type player. Sergei will be the playmaker who puts up tonnes of assists with some good snipers, maybe his brother down the line. I can see them interchanging who gets the most points year to year. They will be better than the Sedins when they get going that's for sure.

Slevesque 08-19-2008 12:43 PM

I'm kind of hoping sergei turns out to be datsyuk 2.0, but I guess I'm probably dreaming

I still go with sergei, even if right now andrei is better, it won't be too long for sergei to catch up

Habs 4 Life 08-19-2008 01:06 PM

Right now I gotta go with Andrei.More explosive

Habs10Habs 08-19-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Goat11 (Post 15201115)
Andrei will be the better goal scoring highlight reel type player. Sergei will be the playmaker who puts up tonnes of assists with some good snipers, maybe his brother down the line. I can see them interchanging who gets the most points year to year. They will be better than the Sedins when they get going that's for sure.

Very high expectations, I like it. But personally, I would be thrilled if the Kostitsyn's come close or equal what the Sedins have done so far.

CanadienErrant* 08-19-2008 01:11 PM

Everyone knows that they have very different styles and sets of skills.

I would like to see them on the same line to get the most out of each other. Koivu or Plekanec would be good centers for them. Or Sundin...:sarcasm: or Grabovski... Oh yeah, he's gone for the rights to speak to Sundin a week before July 1st...

One Man Rock Band 08-19-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 15200603)
I think Sergei will turn out similar to Saku Koivu and Andrei will turn out similar to Alex Kovalev.

I guess Andrei will put up the better numbers.

Barely ;)

Koivu - reg: .813 ppg, ps: .900 ppg
Kovalev - reg: .816 ppg, ps: .848 ppg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15200993)
Andrei by far, he's faster, stronger, better deker, better shot, passes are the same for both, Sergei has 2 things more then Andrei, he's a better playmaker and he adapts to a situation ALOT quicker

This could be argued. Sergei is 'tougher', but I'm sure he'll get stronger by the team he's Andrei's age as well.

ADDED: playoff 'ppg' for koivu & kovalev.

Marksman 08-19-2008 01:17 PM

I dont think its fair comparing them, until we have seen full season from Sergei aswell.

peperebougon* 08-19-2008 02:39 PM

Andrei is the most skilled player for sure...superstar player material.

LyricalLyricist 08-19-2008 03:55 PM

Andrei, however I don't think he can carry a team. I don't think sergei can either, but sergei has the ability to make those around him better whereas andrei compliments a line.

Garo 08-19-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 15201006)
Who's better?..Henrik or Daniel?

Henrik.