HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Car-wash (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=545788)

Devil Dancer 08-23-2008 11:18 AM

Car-wash
 
To Carolina:

Alexander Semin
Eric Fehr
Michael Neuvirth

To Washington:

Justin Williams
Brandon Sutter

Caps get short term cap relief plus a good center prospect. Carolina gets the luxury of not relying on a player rebounding from injury plus prospect depth. Plus they get a little younger, of course. Discuss.

Backstrom #19 08-23-2008 11:23 AM

No way I'd do that, especially with a division rival.

Blue Dot 08-23-2008 11:23 AM

not the worst one i have seen. but you say they get the luxury of not relying on a player coming off injury.

semin and fehr? hello! they are always hurt

pass. justin williams is special and has a cup under his belt. semin is a special talent, but still has a lot to prove imo.

Laus723 08-23-2008 11:28 AM

Tell me the MAIN reason for this proposal wasn't because you just wanted to make a CarWash proposal.


:laugh:

third man in 08-23-2008 11:29 AM

I don't like it either. Feel we could do better for Semin. At the very least Carolina should add more.

At least Modo got his Car/Wash thread:p:

robbiezyg 08-23-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 15236766)
Tell me the MAIN reason for this proposal wasn't because you just wanted to make a CarWash proposal.


:laugh:

my first impressions as well.. i chuckled:P

brs03 08-23-2008 11:39 AM

I wouldn't trade Semin straight up for Williams and Sutter...


Besides, you know Semin's goal totals would plummet if he didn't get the chance to ever play against Ward :sarcasm:

Devil Dancer 08-23-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 15236766)
Tell me the MAIN reason for this proposal wasn't because you just wanted to make a CarWash proposal.


:laugh:

Guilty as charged. And it wasn't easy coming up with something that remotely made sense between these two teams.

ANTON HIS HOLINESS 08-23-2008 03:57 PM

So Carolina trades their second-best defensive forward (after Brind'Amour) who can also put up good offensive numbers and is signed to an awesome contract and a prospect expected to make the team for a mediocre goalie prospect, a guy who can't do much in the NHL, and a one-dimensional scorer. Not to mention that Carolina takes on salary when they're already over their self-imposed budget

Let's do it

Modo 08-23-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by third man in (Post 15236769)
I don't like it either. Feel we could do better for Semin. At the very least Carolina should add more.

At least Modo got his Car/Wash thread:p:

Totally worth it. :laugh:

nautikal 08-23-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach - #1 Canes Fan (Post 15238509)
So Carolina trades their second-best defensive forward (after Brind'Amour) who can also put up good offensive numbers and is signed to an awesome contract and a prospect expected to make the team for a mediocre goalie prospect, a guy who can't do much in the NHL, and a one-dimensional scorer. Not to mention that Carolina takes on salary when they're already over their self-imposed budget

Let's do it

Fehr is coming off of a big injury and played quite well during the regular season and playoffs and Semin is considered by some NHL players (such as Matt Cooke) to be the most talented player in the league. If I were Carolina I'd do this instantly.

Moses Doughty 08-23-2008 04:50 PM

Thanks Modo now there is some lame Car-Wash thread:p:

Canuckle 08-23-2008 10:59 PM

Divisional rival deals are just fugly and unrealistic.

Modo 08-23-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 15241026)
Divisional rival deals are just fugly and unrealistic.

Didn't stop Dallas from making 3 of them back in 06/07, grabbing Nagy from Phoenix, Norstrom from LA, and some AHL lifer from Anaheim who I can't remember at the moment.

Didn't end up working too well for them, I reckon.

AK 08-23-2008 11:40 PM

Semin might be worth the whole Canes package, IMO.

Caps say no. Canes say yes.

voxel 08-23-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 15241249)
Didn't stop Dallas from making 3 of them back in 06/07, grabbing Nagy from Phoenix, Norstrom from LA, and some AHL lifer from Anaheim who I can't remember at the moment.

Didn't end up working too well for them, I reckon.

Yes and No.

Nagy ended up as Riley Nash
Norstrom ended as Oscar Moller + Viktor Tikhonov(via Modry)

Dallas is very much a "win now" team although they haven't sniffed the Cup recently by making the finals.

Crossbar 08-24-2008 12:21 AM

I accept your proposal to wash my car. :D

No way this trade happens IMO.

SumOil 08-24-2008 01:27 AM

the trade is as funny as the topic....car-wash!!! lol

SumOil 08-24-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 15241249)
Didn't stop Dallas from making 3 of them back in 06/07, grabbing Nagy from Phoenix, Norstrom from LA, and some AHL lifer from Anaheim who I can't remember at the moment.

Didn't end up working too well for them, I reckon.

Phoenix and LA werent really into the the playoff picture and werent going to harm the chances of Dallas by much.
but trading on of your best players(semin) to the rival team who you are going to be fighting for a playoff spot if not the divisional leader is not that possible

evgeni71 08-24-2008 01:52 AM

Semin is the deal breaker in this trade.... I think it's pretty even for both teams.

kmart 08-24-2008 07:29 AM

i have never heard a lot about justin williams, what is is strength besides he can lift the cup ?
so i know one thing about semin, he has the potential to score 50 goals, thats the main reason why hes better than williams for me, but pls describe him.

britdevil 08-24-2008 07:38 AM


OnePlusOne 08-24-2008 08:11 AM

lol car-wash:laugh:

Xspyrit 08-24-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Dancer (Post 15236713)
To Carolina:

Alexander Semin
Eric Fehr
Michael Neuvirth

To Washington:

Justin Williams
Brandon Sutter

Caps get short term cap relief plus a good center prospect. Carolina gets the luxury of not relying on a player rebounding from injury plus prospect depth. Plus they get a little younger, of course. Discuss.

You don't like Semin? And why would Wash do that? They got 1 million centers :

Nylander (3 years left), Backstrom (career?), Fedorov (1 year left), Kozlov (1 year left), Laich (3 years left), Fleischmann (2 years then RFA), Gordon (1 year then RFA)...

Justin Williams is a good young player but would you trade him straight vs Semin? I wouldn't

But anyway, it's arguably a fair deal but i don't see what Washington will gain with that...

ANTON HIS HOLINESS 08-24-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart (Post 15242510)
i have never heard a lot about justin williams, what is is strength besides he can lift the cup ?
so i know one thing about semin, he has the potential to score 50 goals, thats the main reason why hes better than williams for me, but pls describe him.

Good work ethic, huge part of Carolina's PK, physical and can grind it out along the boards, 40 goal + PPG potential, and signed to a better contract than Semin.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.