HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Predict the first Hab to be traded in 2008/9 ! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=545907)

ROEN 08-24-2008 12:55 AM

Predict the first Hab to be traded in 2008/9 !

And I do mean once training camp starts so no Corey Locke don't count ...

Whoever it is , it's gonna suck big time ... but we have some dudes here who were pretty spot-on with the point prediction last year so let's give it a shot with players traded

rules are it has to be a roster player !

I'll go with the easy prediction ... Dandenault

Russeltown 08-24-2008 12:57 AM

Who else but Dandenault? :dunno:

Louis Houde 08-24-2008 01:02 AM

Of course Dandenault is the guy
I have a hunch Plekanec could move

Rapmaster 08-24-2008 01:04 AM

dandenault, if not begin

brownman* 08-24-2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis Houde (Post 15241389)
I have a hunch Plekanec could move

Who's coming the other way, Eric Staal?

Judge Sauer* 08-24-2008 01:52 AM

Komi...to LI...than we get Stamkos

jdmef8vtec* 08-24-2008 01:57 AM

i say komi and higgins for horton/bouwmester

Kriss E 08-24-2008 02:21 AM

No impact player on our team will get traded.

Dripper 08-24-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec (Post 15241641)
i say komi and higgins for horton/bouwmester

Jacques Martin is no Mike Milbury

And I don't think Dandy and Begin are tradeable. They are more waiver material, mostly because of salary. There are dozens of Begin/Dandy in the NHL/AHL for half the price.

WJG 08-24-2008 03:04 AM

I say no moves until the deadline, at which point Halak is moved for a veteran goaltender for insurance behind price.

NewBlood 08-24-2008 03:23 AM

Besides Dandenault, I'd say Steve Begin. I don't think he'll make the team after training camp so they might send him somewhere else.

Rayne* 08-24-2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlood (Post 15241933)
Besides Dandenault, I'd say Steve Begin. I don't think he'll make the team after training camp so they might send him somewhere else.

Agreed.

NHLFutureGuy3 08-24-2008 04:32 AM

Unfortunately, it's going to be Ryan O'Byrne and a first in 2010 for a young offensive center.

Marksman 08-24-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROEN (Post 15241361)
And I do mean once training camp starts so no Corey Locke don't count ...

Whoever it is , it's gonna suck big time ... but we have some dudes here who were pretty spot-on with the point prediction last year so let's give it a shot with players traded

rules are it has to be a roster player !

I'll go with the easy prediction ... Dandenault

You're breaking your own rules. ;)

----

Personally I dont see us trading anybody.

Bob trades (usually) for two reasons. Either player has become problem in the lockerroom (to the point asking to get out), or is moved because hes becoming UFA while is expendable.

Clearing the air was done.

Many of the pending UFA players are key guys, that wont move unless we're out of playoffs spots.

You wont get nothing of value for guys like Dandenault or Begin, better to keep them as depth guys.

---

But if I had to guess who it is, I'd say Alex Tanguay, if he has another average season. I hope I'm wrong with this.

Marksman 08-24-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlighting (Post 15241867)
I say no moves until the deadline, at which point Halak is moved for a veteran goaltender for insurance behind price.

Halak to Hamilton Bulldogs <-> Denis to Montreal Canadiens. :sarcasm:

crazyd 08-24-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 (Post 15242178)
Unfortunately, it's going to be Ryan O'Byrne and a first in 2010 for a young offensive center.

Worth considering...especially if Valentenko can step up. This would imply that either one of Dandy or Bouillon would be resigned.

As for Dandy, BoB will ask Carbo to play him on D in order for Dandy to prove his value.

But out of Dandy and Bouillon, I would keep Bouillon. I feel that Bouillon could still be a Hab for another 2-3 seasons, the time to bring up the likes of McDonagh, Weber and/or Subban.

One Man Rock Band 08-24-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlood (Post 15241933)

Who do you think makes it, especially if Dandenault is gone?

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Chipchura - Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

We have three players who could make the team, IMO, out of training camp;

Pacioretty, Stewart, D'Agostini.

But I doubt any of them split time in the pressbox, with the exception of maybe Stewart.

JGRB 08-24-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 15242453)
Who do you think makes it, especially if Dandenault is gone?

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Chipchura - Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

We have three players who could make the team, IMO, out of training camp;

Pacioretty, Stewart, D'Agostini.

But I doubt any of them split time in the pressbox, with the exception of maybe Stewart.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pacioretty spend a full season on the top 2 lines in Hamilton and prove his worth/make sure he develops well(unlike another power forward on our team now).. IMO he is not the type of player we bring in to play bottom 6 minutes.

I like your lines though. ;)

For whatever reason I always picture Higgins being traded (and I don't want him to be), for some reason he mentioned in every single trade rumor involving our team.

RE-HABS 08-24-2008 08:56 AM

I wouldn't be suprised to see a young dman packaged woth Higgins or Latendresse to address the need for a big centre. With so much depth at D it is possible, and if MaxPac is what we think he can be then a Higgins or Latendresse may become expendable to address a glaring need...especially with Higgins entering RFA status and wanting a long term deal like the Carter's and AK47's.

I say Higgins, his name has been mentioned in possible trades that almost happened last spring.

Mustafa* 08-24-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 15242553)
I wouldn't be suprised to see a young dman packaged woth Higgins or Latendresse to address the need for a big centre. With so much depth at D it is possible, and if MaxPac is what we think he can be then a Higgins or Latendresse may become expendable to address a glaring need...especially with Higgins entering RFA status and wanting a long term deal like the Carter's and AK47's.

I say Higgins, his name has been mentioned in possible trades that almost happened last spring.

His name was mentioned in almost every rumors because most people did'nt know how good the KO bros or Plek were last year. Now that they had a good season they will appear in most rumors. And if Lats has a strong season the rumors makers will had him in every one of their little texts.

JGRB 08-24-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 15242592)
His name was mentioned in almost every rumors because most people did'nt know how good the KO bros or Plek were last year. Now that they had a good season they will appear in most rumors. And if Lats has a strong season the rumors makers will had him in every one of their little texts.

I seriously doubt "rumors" will pop up about the Kostitsyn brothers, unless they are seriously underachieving.. I think most hockey people know there is no chance Bob would trade one or both unless there was severe overpayment from the other party.

Pleks I could see in some trade rumors because of his FA status, but unless another #1 center is coming the other way (AKA: Lateral move), he isn't going anywhere because if our top 3 centers are Koivu, Chipchura and Lapierre.. We are in some pretty deep poo.

WeThreeKings 08-24-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper (Post 15241740)
Jacques Martin is no Mike Milbury

And I don't think Dandy and Begin are tradeable. They are more waiver material, mostly because of salary. There are dozens of Begin/Dandy in the NHL/AHL for half the price.

Jacques Martin is just as bad as Milbury.

Luongo and Jokinen trades?

Haha, wait, they both traded them for atrocious returns.

Iwishihadacup 08-24-2008 12:22 PM

methink its all about kovalev if he have a bad camp/beginning of year

to make place for Max Pac

Selanne08* 08-24-2008 12:22 PM

Kovalev :sarcasm:

Selanne08* 08-24-2008 12:23 PM

On a different note...

Stamkos for Price? Does either side do this deal? And is the value the same?