HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Boston - Columbus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=546016)

Selanne08* 08-24-2008 03:00 PM

Boston - Columbus

CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Close value wise?

Ludicrous Speed 08-24-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne08 (Post 15244873)
CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Close value wise?

It's pretty close value wise, although we have no need for Rask. Replace him with Lashoff. Rick Nash isn't a guy I'm anywhere near considering trading, but I'd love me some Patrice Bergeron if he can come back.

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:04 PM

No thanks. Nash (although he hasn't had a great surrounding cast) hasn't put up numbers to warrant this kind of return. 2 Franchise players AND 2 first round picks for a guy who has a career high 69 points. I'll pass.

spot 08-24-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne08 (Post 15244873)
CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Close value wise?

I'd say value wise pretty good proposal. However if I were Howson I would wait one year to see what the possible effects could be with Bergeron and his concussion. Please revert back to last year and Jarret Stoll

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:14 PM

The bruins don't even consider this. If they wanted to trade for nash it would probably be a package with Kessel....Not a package with our 2 franchise players. If Rask is traded were stuck with a goaltending prospect who....well, he's not Rask. Nash is one of my top 5 favorite NHL players, but for what he's done there is no way he should get this kind of return.

Sportacus 08-24-2008 03:16 PM

IMO, Boston gets the short end of the stick here.

WhiteTrashAmerican 08-24-2008 03:18 PM

No way, that is some desperate overrating of Rick Nash.

chuckdobbins 08-24-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloveSave (Post 15245023)
No way, that is some desperate overrating of Rick Nash.

winner.

this is awful on all accounts.

Vic Rattlehead* 08-24-2008 03:22 PM

People here should just stop making proposals with their favourite team and Boston. Every single one of them have been terrible.

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead (Post 15245057)
People here should just stop making proposals with their favourite team and Boston. Every single one of them have been terrible.

Hey! According to some since Bergeron was hurt he should be given away. :help:

DelVecchio 08-24-2008 03:25 PM

Cbus gets nothing they want out of this deal. HF value wise they may win; But in the NHL GMs don't trade for value. They trade to improve their team.

Assuming a full recovery, Bergeron will be a very good player. Nash IS right now a franchise player. Cbus has LeClaire. Why do they want a potentially good goalie? What do they do with those draft picks? They can't score, they can't defend, they can't sell tickets.
If you think Nash would help Boston, offer something that will improve Cbus now, not in 2013.

STRANGE VICTORY 08-24-2008 03:27 PM

This just doesn't make sense for Boston, Bergeron is the face of our franchise one on one with a little extra from Boston like maybe 1 first round pick would be fine. Rask is projected by HF to have the talent to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL some day. two first round picks are important in the Modern NHL where you cant sign a team, although the Rangers sure try.

STRANGE VICTORY 08-24-2008 03:29 PM

How about

Marco Sturm
Phil Kessel
Brad Marchand

for

Rick Nash

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampBear (Post 15245107)
How about

Marco Sturm
Phil Kessel
Brad Marchand

for

Rick Nash

I think Marchand would have to be changed with Hamil...

STRANGE VICTORY 08-24-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 (Post 15245125)
I think Marchand would have to be changed with Hamil...

You might be right, Hamil would definitely make it easier.

Mr Shanahan 08-24-2008 03:40 PM

I could see this Nash to Bruins thing working out (although it would suck because we play them 6 times a year). Anyways, if the Bruins wanted Nash, they should give up their 1st round pick.

The Bruins with Nash would definitely not be low in the standings. They would be competing with Montreal for the top of the division. If they gave up their 1st rounder, they wouldn't lose any key players.

Maybe their 1st, Sturm and a prospect or two would get CBJ to bite.

But for the 1st proposal.. :facepalm:

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampBear (Post 15245185)
You might be right, Hamil would definitely make it easier.

I think even I might be overrating Nash here. Zherdev had pretty similar numbers (8 less points) and didn't get a great return.

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML4ever (Post 15245191)
I could see this Nash to Bruins thing working out (although it would suck because we play them 6 times a year). Anyways, if the Bruins wanted Nash, they should give up their 1st round pick.

The Bruins with Nash would definitely not be low in the standings. They would be competing with Montreal for the top of the division. If they gave up their 1st rounder, they wouldn't lose any key players.

I'd be fine giving up the 1st, but i'm not sure if Chia does it since we already don't have a second.

Ludicrous Speed 08-24-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampBear (Post 15245107)
How about

Marco Sturm
Phil Kessel
Brad Marchand

for

Rick Nash

you guys may have gotten a bad deal for Thornton, but that doesn't mean we're that stupid. That's a horrible deal.

And Hamil instead of Marchand wouldn't make it better, hell, adding Hamil to that deal wouldn't make it much better.

DamonDRW 08-24-2008 03:51 PM

Lets check. What is about Kronwall for Nash straight.... Is there anybody to bite?

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuitbasketer743 (Post 15245271)
you guys may have gotten a bad deal for Thornton, but that doesn't mean we're that stupid. That's a horrible deal.

And Hamil instead of Marchand wouldn't make it better, hell, adding Hamil to that deal wouldn't make it much better.

Wait....But the OP was "close value-wise" :laugh:

Ludicrous Speed 08-24-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML4ever (Post 15245191)

but your proposal.. :facepalm:

Ludicrous Speed 08-24-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 (Post 15245286)
Wait....But the OP was "close value-wise" :laugh:

that's because we get more! ;)

EDIT: I don't want Rask. We've got Leclaire and Mason. So that part didn't even matter to me.

Dr Quincy 08-24-2008 04:45 PM

That's quite a lot Boston is giving up. Columbus fans, what 1 player would you be willing to give up:

09 #1
10 #1
Leclaire
Voracek for??

maybe you think that's worth more than what Boston is giving up, but really it's pretty close. You are talking about a young established player who is one of the cornerstones of the team (Leclaire/Bergeron), the #1 prospect of the team (Voracek/Rask) and 2 #1s. Whether you think those 4 Columbus assets are worth more is irrelevant because that really is the comparable type of package you are asking Boston to give up. That's quite a lot, and more than I'd be willing to give.

kmad 08-24-2008 05:09 PM

Columbus does not trade Rick Nash.