HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phil-Calg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=546081)

martin27 08-24-2008 07:56 PM

Phil-Calg

Flyers trade:
Knuble and Kukkonen

Flames trade:
Aucoin and 3rd/4th round pick

Why for Flyers:
Trading Knuble gives a spot for Downie in the team. Upgrading Kukkonen with expierence and Aucoin has a better chance of being that 3rd/4th defencemen philly are looking for. Aucoin still gives them the expiring Knuble gave them.

Why for Flames:
Trades a player in their strength(defence) for attack. Get a deph defencemen and save some salary cap hit. Still have money coming off this season aswell.

ELab2 08-24-2008 08:00 PM

I'd do it from a Flyers perspective. Aucoin is closer to a #3 than anything we've got and he comes off the books next year just like Knuble would have.

TheKingPin 08-24-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin27 (Post 15247210)
Flyers trade:
Knuble and Kukkonen

Flames trade:
Aucoin and 3rd/4th round pick

Why for Flyers:
Trading Knuble gives a spot for Downie in the team. Upgrading Kukkonen with expierence and Aucoin has a better chance of being that 3rd/4th defencemen philly are looking for. Aucoin still gives them the expiring Knuble gave them.

Why for Flames:
Trades a player in their strength(defence) for attack. Get a deph defencemen and save some salary cap hit. Still have money coming off this season aswell.

not too bad, i dont like how old he is, or the amount of games that he has missed in the past, maybe.

Shadow Flyer 08-24-2008 08:06 PM

Not a bad proposal, but I'm really not a big fan of Aucoin. I would rather the Flyers didn't do this, but its a pretty fair deal.

BillyShoe1721 08-24-2008 08:39 PM

Value isn't bad, but I don't think he's the #3 defenseman we need. He would be an upgrade over who we have, but I don't think it's a real quality answer to our problem.

New Sabres Captain 08-24-2008 09:31 PM

Don't the Flyers have to cut some salary? I know they've got guys going on LTIR, but aren't they still a tad above the cap?

This trade wouldn't help them in that case.

ELab2 08-24-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug (Post 15248157)
Don't the Flyers have to cut some salary? I know they've got guys going on LTIR, but aren't they still a tad above the cap?

This trade wouldn't help them in that case.

I think it's right there with Hatcher still on the cap, maybe slightly over. Once he's put on the LTIR though we'll be totally clear.

sievea* 08-24-2008 09:42 PM

this is an extremely good proposal

if we don't have anything out there for anyone better than Aucoin, i'd very easily do this. but, i'm not sure if Calgary fans would agree... apparently Aucoin played very well last season, although i think Knuble is still capable of 20-25 goals at this point

BobbyClarkeFan16 08-24-2008 09:54 PM

If Aucoin were three years younger, I'd be all over this deal. However, Aucoin is going to be 36. That's awfully old for your number 3 defenseman. But geez, he'd be a real good option to work on the 2nd PP unit and you know you're going to get 35 to 40 points a season out of Aucoin as well.

flamesfan12 08-24-2008 09:56 PM

How much does Knuble make and for how long?

Decent proposal though. I would probably do it from a flames standpoint if Knuble has just one year left. Any longer then that and I would pass.

sievea* 08-24-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12 (Post 15248389)
How much does Knuble make and for how long?

Decent proposal though. I would probably do it from a flames standpoint if Knuble has just one year left. Any longer then that and I would pass.

1 more year making 2.8

chromemaro 08-24-2008 09:59 PM

i like it from a flyers perspective. Id like to hear how flames fans feel tho

Nikita Filatov* 08-24-2008 10:01 PM

Pretty even deal. Knuble can still score and will help iggy. Trade works out for both teams. One of the better proposals I've seen in a while.

Martyros 08-24-2008 10:43 PM

one of the better deals i've seen in a while.

Moses Doughty 08-24-2008 10:44 PM

Nice proposal Id say yes from both sides:nod:

mercury 08-24-2008 10:47 PM

It's not bad, but I think I'd prefer to add more to get a younger guy than Aucoin. He'd be an improvement on D, but we'd be losing about 25 goals from Knuble if we sent him out.

ELab2 08-24-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 15248836)
It's not bad, but I think I'd prefer to add more to get a younger guy than Aucoin. He'd be an improvement on D, but we'd be losing about 25 goals from Knuble if we sent him out.

Aucoin gives you a LOT of goals on your PP. He's also good in transition which gives you goals.

Lunatik* 08-24-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromemaro (Post 15248415)
i like it from a flyers perspective. Id like to hear how flames fans feel tho

value wise I thin kit's fair... that said I think I would probably pass... Aucoin has the ability to eat alot of minutes from the back end... and he plays in every situation...

so naturally because of this I looked up Kukkonen as I admit I don't know alot about him... to me he looks like decent #6 defenseman on paper... but the Flames have 3 options to play with Phaneuf this year (assuming they keep the Sarich/Regehr shutdown pairing)... those options are Aucoin, Vandermeer & Eriksson... more importantly if Aucoin is traded then the Flames have to look at Vandermeer to play on the PK which I'm not entirely comfortable with...

while I think Knuble would be a good fit on our 2nd line... I don't think its worth the downgrade in defense because of where we would have to play other guys as a result

Iggy-4-50 08-25-2008 12:09 AM

Fair deal IMO, Flames might be willing to take a chance on Giordano filling in some of the dutys that Aucoin did so it may not be a huge risk.

Well done proposal :handclap:

Of course Aucoin has that dreaded NTC though.

bananaz 08-25-2008 12:18 AM

no from my pov. although its a fair trade value wise, the flames lose to much on the backend. kukkonen just doesnt replace aucoin and the minutes he eats. also considering that aucoin has that huge shot from the point, it would degrade our PP too.

however, if ryan parent was somehow involved....

I Hate Chris Butler 08-25-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous_j (Post 15249384)
no from my pov. although its a fair trade value wise, the flames lose to much on the backend. kukkonen just doesnt replace aucoin and the minutes he eats. also considering that aucoin has that huge shot from the point, it would degrade our PP too.

Mike Knuble is more than capable on the PP, he had like... 14 of his 22 or so goals on the PP. I'd do this. It's risky, but if Gio feels he's ready to be a top 4 defensemen, we gotta give him a chance.

Lunatik* 08-25-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 (Post 15249325)
Fair deal IMO, Flames might be willing to take a chance on Giordano filling in some of the dutys that Aucoin did so it may not be a huge risk.

Well done proposal :handclap:

Of course Aucoin has that dreaded NTC though.

playing Giordano on the PK is a HUGE risk

BobbyClarkeFan16 08-25-2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous_j (Post 15249384)

....then Leland Irving or Mikael Backlund better be coming the other way.

flamesfan12 08-25-2008 12:48 AM

Probably a deal I would wait till like 15 games into the season. If one of Boyd, Glencross, Bourque can get that 2nd line spot then the flames don't really need Knuble. But if no one grabs that 2nd line spot a guy like Knuble would be a good option.

Philly fans would you take Nilson instead of the 3rd/4th round pick?

Nikita Filatov* 08-25-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 (Post 15249534)
....then Leland Irving or Mikael Backlund better be coming the other way.

Irving and Backlund are worth more than Parent.