HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mcabe and 4th to Florida for Van Ryn Done Deal. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=548198)

Nashy 08-14-2008 08:06 PM

OT: McCabe a Panther?

It looks like the gutting of the Leafs continues....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...cabe_panthers/

This needed to happen, but Kaberle is going to be a lonely guy.

Clumsyhab 08-14-2008 08:17 PM

Confirmed by Cyberpresse:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

Athlétique_Canadien 08-14-2008 08:23 PM

If Martin trades JayBo for McCabe the T.O. return had better be sweet. If it isn't then Martin is a clown who is worse than Keenan.

At least hold on to him and see what offers come in during the regular season. What's the panic over? Is the situation and the relationship so damaged that he must be moved now?

Something stinks in Florida if they pull the trigger now. Things can change during the season for all teams which opens the door for trades.

:sarcasm: But, nevermind that. This org loves to move cornerstones like Lu, Olli and now Bouwmeester.

Panthers :facepalm:

Nashy 08-14-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHLÉTIQUE_CANADIEN (Post 15166345)
If Martin trades JayBo for McCabe the T.O. return had better be sweet. If it isn't then Martin is a clown who is worse than Keenan.

At least hold on to him and see what offers come in during the regular season. What's the panic over? Is the situation and the relationship so damaged that he must be moved now?

Something stinks in Florida if they pull the trigger now. Things can change during the season for all teams which opens the door for trades.

:sarcasm: But, nevermind that. This org loves to move cornerstones like Lu, Olli and now Bouwmeester.

The Leafs could only wish it was JayBo....they're gonna get hammered on this deal, just to get rid of McCabe.

GoneAway 08-14-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHLÉTIQUE_CANADIEN (Post 15166345)

Mike Van Ryn > Jaybo

:whatever:

YMCMBeaulieu 08-14-2008 08:41 PM

Kilger... Belak... now McCabe?

Sick way to build your team, around a bunch of players that the Leaf's don't even want. :clap:

Pascal 08-14-2008 08:43 PM

poor panthers..

Beakermania* 08-14-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashy (Post 15166398)
The Leafs could only wish it was JayBo....they're gonna get hammered on this deal, just to get rid of McCabe.

You are right....

According to TSN it is

McCabe + one other leaf to florida for 1 fla player (NOT JayBo)

le_sean 08-14-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15166488)
You are right....

According to TSN it is

McCabe + one other leaf to florida for 1 fla player (NOT JayBo)

Cliff probably asked for John Vanbiesbrouck.

Nashy 08-14-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 15166739)
Cliff probably asked for John Vanbiesbrouck.

Too funny....I was thinking maybe he'd ask for Belak and Kilger back.

Souffle 08-14-2008 09:34 PM

This should affect Sundin's desire to play in Toronto. I think it's now between Montreal and retirement, if it wasn't before.

Whitesnake 08-14-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave (Post 15166819)
This should affect Sundin's desire to play in Toronto. I think it's now between Montreal and retirement, if it wasn't before.

Why? Isn't getting rid of McCabe part of the "addition by substraction" family???

le_sean 08-14-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15167543)
Why? Isn't getting rid of McCabe part of the "addition by substraction" family???

I don't think he's as bad as people say he is. He just makes glaring mistakes from time to time and being a Leaf this gets aired often. Kind of like Souray's gaffes when he played here, but we all know he wasn't THAT bad defensively.

It's moreso the contract which makes it addition by subtraction. I'd rather have someone like McCabe than Ian White playing heavy minutes.

Tuggy 08-15-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 15167601)
I don't think he's as bad as people say he is. He just makes glaring mistakes from time to time and being a Leaf this gets aired often. Kind of like Souray's gaffes when he played here, but we all know he wasn't THAT bad defensively.

It's moreso the contract which makes it addition by subtraction. I'd rather have someone like McCabe than Ian White playing heavy minutes.

Plus the Leafs basically told him to stay the **** away from the team. So clearly there is more to this story then me or you (or anyone here) know.

Habs 4 Life 08-15-2008 07:48 AM

Van Ryn and Finger should make a sick duo,we will be screwed for years!!:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 15168461)
Plus the Leafs basically told him to stay the **** away from the team. So clearly there is more to this story then me or you (or anyone here) know.

Good,I heard Sundin and McCabe are good friends so now maybe Mats will make the decision of coming here:yo:

AH 08-15-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave (Post 15166819)

Or he could now end up in florida.

I mentioned Florida as a possibility for him around Sundin thread #6.

Habs 4 Life 08-15-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 15168765)
Or he could now end up in florida.

I mentioned Florida as a possibility for him around Sundin thread #6.

He wants to win a cup.Im sure he would rather retire then sign in Florida

AD 08-15-2008 08:09 AM

With McCabe out of Toronto.. does this mean that we will never lose against the leafs again? (Because McCabe and Kaberle won't be able to pass the puck back and forth on the point when they inevitably get that 4 on 3 powerplay in overtime!)

Habs 4 Life 08-15-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD (Post 15168779)
With McCabe out of Toronto.. does this mean that we will never lose against the leafs again? (Because McCabe and Kaberle won't be able to pass the puck back and forth on the point when they inevitably get that 4 on 3 powerplay in overtime!)

That's were Finger comes in now:shakehead

hototogisu 08-15-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

It also means Komisarek won't be able to pick off a hilariously slow pass from McCabe and put one through Raycroft's five-hole :(

Jiggernaut 08-15-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

:laugh: :cry:

Oh..how true that is. Any OT game against the leafs and you could guarantee a PP for the leafs....

Habs 4 Life 08-15-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 15168787)
It also means Komisarek won't be able to pick off a hilariously slow pass from McCabe and put one through Raycroft's five-hole :(

:laugh:, forgot about that one!!

AD 08-15-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 15168787)

Wow that post is so suggestive!

AH 08-15-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 15168777)
He wants to win a cup.Im sure he would rather retire then sign in Florida

You are assuming that.

hototogisu 08-15-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD (Post 15168797)
Wow that post is so suggestive!

Do you often have Raycroft's five-hole on the brain? ;)