HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sanguinetti (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=548291)

68Forever 09-02-2008 10:52 PM

Sanguinetti

Does anyone think he'll be ready to play this year, because i'm watched him since high school and im cant wait to see him play in rangers blue.

BobMarleyNYR 09-02-2008 10:58 PM

He might get the 1 or 2 game call-up so they can gauge his progress.

Roster spot? No way. Staal was an exception, 95% of d-men can't go from juniors to the NHL.

Vitto79 09-02-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR (Post 15330923)

Roster spot? No way. Staal was an exception, 95% of d-men can't go from juniors to the NHL.

I would say he is close to Staal but not Staal so he is going to Hartford for one yr and then he should be ready to replace Mara or Kalinen who are FA next yr

BUT he would be the first call up if someone goes down..

Nich 09-02-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 15330982)
I would say he is close to Staal but not Staal so he is going to Hartford for one yr and then he should be ready to replace Mara or Kalinen who are FA next yr

Honestly i think potter might be the first call up over sangs

Radek27 09-02-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 15331029)
Honestly i think potter might be the first call up over sangs

I think so too unless Potter has a brutal camp. But what about this Denisov guy? I'm not sure where he fits in the depth chart, I would guess after Pock but before Potter??????

NYR Viper 09-02-2008 11:25 PM

i think sanguinetti will need a solid season in the AHL...he needs to get bigger and stronger and adjust to playing with grown men.....for defenseman, especially offensive defenseman that transition can be hard but i would say he should have a pretty good shot of making it next season as a #5/#6 defenseman......

also, potter would be the first call-up as he has the most experience and is the most nhl-ready

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-02-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=73276 Vlasic of San Jose played as a rookie as a 19 year old so it is still possible.

D713B 09-02-2008 11:55 PM

Therefore the 5% he allowed for the few exceptions. :naughty:

TheHotRock 09-02-2008 11:56 PM

can we watch some preseason games before we decide who's gonna play where?

that said, i doubt he makes the team but i'll be rooting for him to earn a spot.

n8 09-03-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

I'd be interested in seeing that list!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 15330982)

The reason Staal made it was because he was just so defensively sound. I want Sanguinetti to work it in Hartford and be as offensively dominating as Staal is defensively dominating and defensive MORE average than Staal was offensively average.

broadwayblue 09-03-2008 12:09 AM

I think Sangs will have a chance to make the team out of camp next year. Looking forward to him and Cherepanov in '09-'10.

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD 09-03-2008 02:29 AM

As much as I wanna see the guy make the team, I'm just not sure he's ready. Maybe a year in Hartford will serve him justice and he's ready for a full season next year.

I am however more excited for Sangs and Chere than any other prospects in our organization. Can't wait to see these guys at the Garden.

-Brian

Inferno 09-03-2008 03:52 AM

never gonna happen.

Also we have 6 NHL defenseman already on the roster, none of them are going anywhere barring injury.

Maybe if hes superb in Hartford and there is a long term injury, but if not, id expect him to get a serious shot next year when Kalinin, Pock, and Mara all leave.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-03-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 15332726)
never gonna happen.

Also we have 6 NHL defenseman already on the roster, none of them are going anywhere barring injury.

Maybe if hes superb in Hartford and there is a long term injury, but if not, id expect him to get a serious shot next year when Kalinin, Pock, and Mara all leave.

what makes ya think they will leave? maybe they will resign over the summer? alot can happen, i think sang gets about 20 games this year for the rangers through out the season, either players r injured, not playing well or traded.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-03-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 (Post 15333651)
what makes ya think they will leave? maybe they will resign over the summer? alot can happen, i think sang gets about 20 games this year for the rangers through out the season, either players r injured, not playing well or traded.

Because they by and large are stop-gap guys. And you would hope that the younger guys are ready to step in.

Why on Earth would Pock re-sign here?

I also think if the Rangers viewed them as anything more than stop-gaps, they would have both signed more than a one year deal.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-03-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15333750)
Because they by and large are stop-gap guys. And you would hope that the younger guys are ready to step in.

Why on Earth would Pock re-sign here?

then why did mara after he was benched for no reason :shakehead im sure some team would have offered him more than 1.95. and for all you malik fans he is still unsigned :laugh:

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-03-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 (Post 15333830)
then why did mara after he was benched for no reason :shakehead im sure some team would have offered him more than 1.95.

Obviously not.

Bleed Ranger Blue 09-03-2008 10:40 AM

By many accounts, Sanguinetti is nowhere near ready to compete in the defensive end at the NHL level. You wont see him this year unless there are some SERIOUS issues with our defense.

we want cup 09-03-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15333878)
Obviously not.

i dunno, i wouldn't be surprised if a team like tampa bay or LA offered mara some decent cash....

HockeyBasedNYC 09-03-2008 11:34 AM

Next year, hopefully.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-03-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 15334070)
i dunno, i wouldn't be surprised if a team like tampa bay or LA offered mara some decent cash....

The guy took a pay cut of over a million dollars to stay with the Rangers?

KreiMeARiver* 09-03-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD (Post 15332510)
As much as I wanna see the guy make the team, I'm just not sure he's ready. Maybe a year in Hartford will serve him justice and he's ready for a full season next year.

I am however more excited for Sangs and Chere than any other prospects in our organization. Can't wait to see these guys at the Garden.

-Brian

I couldn't agree more. I think with the D acquisitions and signings...it's gonna be a year in the AHL for Sangs...which I think will be good for him.

Richie Rich 09-03-2008 12:50 PM

Give him some time. Its not like we need an other D-man right now.

we want cup 09-03-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15334594)
The guy took a pay cut of over a million dollars to stay with the Rangers?

i never said how much. i just find it hard to believe that since there are teams out there who have serious blueline issues and cap space, those teams wouldn't have made an offer for a former first round pick with a rocket from the point who could still regain his old point getting form. i dunno, maybe it's just me....

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-03-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 15335425)
i never said how much. i just find it hard to believe that since there are teams out there who have serious blueline issues and cap space, those teams wouldn't have made an offer for a former first round pick with a rocket from the point who could still regain his old point getting form. i dunno, maybe it's just me....

You don't have to tell me how much. It's already known. He made 3M last year. He signed for 1.95M. That's a pay cut of over 1M.