HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is Andrei Kastsitsyn doing now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54834)

Mike The Wall 02-23-2004 09:39 AM

What is Andrei Kastsitsyn doing now?
 
I have not seen any news on him lately is there any body out there that has anything on him

leafaholix* 02-23-2004 09:50 AM

12 games, 1 assist, -6 rating with 2 penalty minutes.

That's with the Super League... can't seem to find his Upper League #'s.

Mike The Wall 02-23-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
12 games, 1 assist, -6 rating with 2 penalty minutes.

That's with the Super League... can't seem to find his Upper League #'s.

thanks but that is from before xmas there does not seem to be anything recent

leafaholix* 02-23-2004 09:55 AM

He's been playing in the Upper League I suppose.

The #'s on CSKA's site seem to be updated.

Darz 02-23-2004 09:56 AM

Check out this thread for Kastitsyn updates:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...&page=10&pp=15

Mike The Wall 02-23-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Check out this thread for Kastitsyn updates:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...&page=10&pp=15


thank you very much

Darz 02-23-2004 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
thank you very much

No prob.

Check out you post totals....666....man that's scaring me...make a post so I can relax!!!!

Mike The Wall 02-23-2004 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
No prob.

Check out you post totals....666....man that's scaring me...make a post so I can relax!!!!


there are you feeling better

Mooch 02-23-2004 11:28 AM

I have a question guys,

I remember that there were two leagues, CSKA-2 (or something like that) and another one. What are the two leagues, which is higher, and which one is Kastitsyn playing in currently?

I noticed on the other thread that he has like 38 points in 26 games, is that in the higher league?

Thanks in advance!

Mike The Wall 02-23-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I have a question guys,

I remember that there were two leagues, CSKA-2 (or something like that) and another one. What are the two leagues, which is higher, and which one is Kastitsyn playing in currently?

I noticed on the other thread that he has like 38 points in 26 games, is that in the higher league?

Thanks in advance!


From what I can see he is playing in CSKA 2 he is not getting enough ice time with the Russian Red Army which the higher league

RE-HABS 02-23-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I have a question guys,

I remember that there were two leagues, CSKA-2 (or something like that) and another one. What are the two leagues, which is higher, and which one is Kastitsyn playing in currently?

I noticed on the other thread that he has like 38 points in 26 games, is that in the higher league?

Thanks in advance!

He is getting his points in the lower divison, he isn't getting proper icetime with the Super League Team because they don't want to develop a player that is more than likely coming to North America next year.

The lower division is competitive, although coming here this year to play with Medicine Hat would have let him experience the North American style of play.

StanleyCH25 02-23-2004 01:07 PM

No need to rush him over. He's only 18. As much as I'd like to see him here, I'm sure his family is happy that he stayed another year before hopping 1000s of miles away.

All-Star 02-23-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I have a question guys,

I remember that there were two leagues, CSKA-2 (or something like that) and another one. What are the two leagues, which is higher, and which one is Kastitsyn playing in currently?

I noticed on the other thread that he has like 38 points in 26 games, is that in the higher league?

Thanks in advance!

Superleague = CSKA = NHL (not quality wize, but it's their best)

High League = ? = Seniors (teams aren't good enough to be in the Superleague)

1st League = CSKA - 2 = Juniors/AHL (player development league) AK scored all his points here.

I may be wrong with the High and 1st league names, but the order should be ok.

montreal 02-23-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
Superleague = CSKA = NHL (not quality wize, but it's their best)

High League = ? = Seniors (teams aren't good enough to be in the Superleague)

1st League = CSKA - 2 = Juniors/AHL (player development league) AK scored all his points here.

I may be wrong with the High and 1st league names, but the order should be ok.



You got it!

Subban Fan 02-23-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
You got it!

Is the "1st League = CSKA - 2" better than CHL???

montreal 02-23-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
Is the "1st League = CSKA - 2" better than CHL???


doubtful but difficult to say for sure.

montreal 02-23-2004 04:56 PM

Here's a new article on him.


http://www.habsworld.net/show_prospect.php?id=369

Mooch 02-23-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
Superleague = CSKA = NHL (not quality wize, but it's their best)

High League = ? = Seniors (teams aren't good enough to be in the Superleague)

1st League = CSKA - 2 = Juniors/AHL (player development league) AK scored all his points here.

I may be wrong with the High and 1st league names, but the order should be ok.

Thanks All-star as well as the rest of you!

habsfansam 02-23-2004 08:08 PM

wow... didn't realize he was up to 25 goals already! That's very impressive for the 1st league! :handclap: :bow:

Hopefully he keeps that up, works hard this summer, and either plays in the AHL/NHL here or in the RSL next season.

loadie 02-24-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal

Thanks...I wasn't aware of any previous back problems. I hope it doesn't become a recurring thing. :)

#44_delivers 02-24-2004 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loadie
Thanks...I wasn't aware of any previous back problems. I hope it doesn't become a recurring thing. :)

some teams were way more scared of his back problems then his epilepsy condition.

Marchy79 02-24-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loadie
Thanks...I wasn't aware of any previous back problems. I hope it doesn't become a recurring thing. :)

He has a birth defect where his spine is slightly curved... The Montreal Doctors (also the ones who spent the most time with him) said it would not be a major factor of illness though.

As well, the epilepsy was a lesser form, and found that his medication made his disease much lessened.

sandman08 02-24-2004 02:41 AM

i have a question for.. well anyone who follows leagues such as the CSKA and the CHL leagues etc here, but anyways

if the lockout does indeed happen next year (and god forbid, lasts the whole season), would it better for a player like kast to develop further in Russia or for him to come over to NA and play in either the CHL or with the bulldogs.. since he wouldnt be older than 19, he would remain eligible to play for medicine hat (since someone mentioned he was drafted by them and im going on that being true) or he could sign w/ the team and play for the bulldogs.. what do you (or folks you have talked to in the case of dan) think would be best for his development and potential play in the NHL?

chicpea* 02-24-2004 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
some teams were way more scared of his back problems then his epilepsy condition.

I was just going to add a similar thought of my own. Yikes. I mean, not to knock the Russian league, but if his back's got problems there, wait until it encounters the crosschecks of slot-hockey NHL. Hopefully it was a one-season affair with the back. Good news though on the epilepsy and good for Kastsitsyn. That takes courage to keep playing with that kind of risk. And while I'm handing out kudous, good for the Habs for taking a chance - if he comes through, he could be a 'game-breaker.' You can't tell me he doesn't have heart or doesn't know adversity...

All-Star 02-24-2004 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
i have a question for.. well anyone who follows leagues such as the CSKA and the CHL leagues etc here, but anyways

if the lockout does indeed happen next year (and god forbid, lasts the whole season), would it better for a player like kast to develop further in Russia or for him to come over to NA and play in either the CHL or with the bulldogs.. since he wouldnt be older than 19, he would remain eligible to play for medicine hat (since someone mentioned he was drafted by them and im going on that being true) or he could sign w/ the team and play for the bulldogs.. what do you (or folks you have talked to in the case of dan) think would be best for his development and potential play in the NHL?

I think he'll need to adapt to NA hockey in the AHL anyway, so Lock-out or not I expect to see him in Hamilton next season (at least for the start of the season...).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.