HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Rangers 2008 Training Camp Roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=549162)

HAPPY HOUR 09-05-2008 10:58 PM

Rangers 2008 Training Camp Roster

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...LPage&id=26561

Max Kondratiev gets another look.....

FLYLine24 09-05-2008 11:07 PM

Hell yea!!

My man Drats! :handclap:

C'on Drats..show them what ya got and get that #7 spot!

Radek27 09-05-2008 11:10 PM

Who the hell are these guys?

Sergei Demagin
Matt Meropoulis
Jordan Owens
Evan Pighin
Jake Taylor - I asked about him and Squishy said he signed with another team. It has him listed as a LW. He has converted to a foward? I guess he is still on an AHL deal?
Tysen Dowzak
Chris Murray
David Stich
David Urquhart - I think I heard of this guy before.
Justin Wallingford
Mike Brodeur -ewwwwwww

Radek27 09-05-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 15362130)
Hell yea!!

You would really rather him get the 7th spot? A guy who cried and went home to russia over Pock who has paid his dues for his chance within our system? I would rather give Denisov a better look than this guy. Screw Drats.

FLYLine24 09-05-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 15362163)
You would really rather him get the 7th spot? A guy who cried and went home to russia over Pock who has paid his dues for his chance within our system? I would rather give Denisov a better look than this guy. Screw Drats.

Drats played average for us when he was young(and showed potential to be better IMO)....I thought he was a decent bottom pairing dman.

Not sure how he played with the ducks..but he didnt go over to russia because of Pock since he wasnt even on our team then, he was on the ducks.

Brooklyn Ranger 09-05-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 15362163)

The only problem with your "line of reasoning" is that Pck is pretty much the defenseman he was last year and the year before, but we don't know if Kondratiev has developed any further in that time. And as far as I'm concerned, Kondratiev has a better all around skill set--especially defensively--and would probably fit the role of 7th defenseman better than Pck. Some players are late bloomers and I'm not going to ignore a player just because he did what was allowed in his contract. If he can win the spot, more power to him.

Radek27 09-05-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 15362230)
Drats played average for us when he was young(and showed potential to be better IMO)....I thought he was a decent bottom pairing dman.

Not sure how he played with the ducks..but he didnt go over to russia because of Pock since he wasnt even on our team then, he was on the ducks.

Wrong. He went back to Russia when he wasn't good enough to stick and he had no interest what so ever to go to the AHL. We traded his rights after he bolted. I even think he had a clause in his contract for god sake. What does that tell you about this guy? Screw him.

1Knee1T 09-05-2008 11:47 PM

Prucha still at 175...sigh.

Radek27 09-05-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger (Post 15362270)
The only problem with your "line of reasoning" is that Pck is pretty much the defenseman he was last year and the year before, but we don't know if Kondratiev has developed any further in that time. And as far as I'm concerned, Kondratiev has a better all around skill set--especially defensively--and would probably fit the role of 7th defenseman better than Pck. Some players are late bloomers and I'm not going to ignore a player just because he did what was allowed in his contract. If he can win the spot, more power to him.

My line of reasoning is to what this team says it's doing. We want guys who want to be Rangers and work to achieve that goal. To me a player who puts a clause in his entry lvl deal that allows him to go back to russia if he doesn't make the NHL doesn't show a lot. Pock stayed with us on the word from Sather he would be on the Rangers. It's only fair to give him a real shot and he knows our system.

mti79 09-06-2008 12:08 AM

1. Prucha still at 175 according to the site, let's see what he shows up at. It could be different.

2. I like Pock. You know what you get. He could be solid as our 7th. However, if Max has developed and is willing to accept that role, and if he's better suited for our overall game, than give it to him. I think Pock got the shaft but only because Staal was more developed than the powers that be thought he was. I think they figured Pock would stick as the 7th at worst last year and when Staal blew everyone away, Pock got stuck in Hartford. I'm all for giving him the chance in NY this year.

3. I think it's supposed to be Mike Taylor and not Jake.

Ian 09-06-2008 01:25 AM

I think P.A. Parenteau is a big sleeper in this camp.

I have optimism towards the Voros/Rismiller signings because I think Sather has by far made the right choices since the lockout, but there are so many guys I think could contribute on the 3rd/4th lines that I somewhat hate the signings.

KreiMeARiver* 09-06-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mti79 (Post 15362577)
1. Prucha still at 175 according to the site, let's see what he shows up at. It could be different.

2. I like Pock. You know what you get. He could be solid as our 7th. However, if Max has developed and is willing to accept that role, and if he's better suited for our overall game, than give it to him. I think Pock got the shaft but only because Staal was more developed than the powers that be thought he was. I think they figured Pock would stick as the 7th at worst last year and when Staal blew everyone away, Pock got stuck in Hartford. I'm all for giving him the chance in NY this year.

3. I think it's supposed to be Mike Taylor and not Jake.

Nope, it's Jake Taylor

danno2530 09-06-2008 01:50 AM

Wow Lyon Messier.

Mike Brodeur...it's going to look strange seeing "Brodeur" across a Rangers jersey should he play any exhibition games.

caldercup0 09-06-2008 02:06 AM

It has to be Mike Taylor. I realize the measurements are consistent with Jake Taylor, but if you take a look at the Traverse City Roster, Mike Taylor is listed as #57, and most of the other jersey numbers are identical to the Rangers training camp numbers as well.

Examples: #48 Del Zotto, #67 Zaborsky, #98 Zaba... I could go on.

eco's bones 09-06-2008 02:24 AM

It has to be Mike Taylor who signed a AHL contract in the off season. Jake Taylor signed with someone else. Evan Pighen had 22 goals and 48 points with Chilliwack of the WHL last year. All the others were mentioned before during the off season at development camps etc. A few of them are signed--Demagin, Brodeur, Urquhart, Owens.

Ola 09-06-2008 02:36 AM

Yeah, we actually played Kondratiev regulary right before trading him against Petr Sykora. We gave up a young NHL D to get Sykora, who is a established scorer in the NHL. Kondratiev also made the NYR right out of camp that season.

Max Kondratiev was then sent to Ana's farmteam right away where he had a great season. Scoring over a PPG in the PO's for Portland, 14 pts in 13 games... Then I pretty much stopped following him in Ana so I don't know what happend after that; why he went back.

Ola 09-06-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Hell yea!!

+1

He have done it once before!

Now he have bounced around allot lately. Diffrent AHL teams, diffrent NHL teams -- gooing back and forth to Russia.

But I've thought about before on how Kondratiev actually had allot of potential when we had him. He made the team for us right out of camp; beat out a established NHL D like Anders Eriksson for example. And guys like Pck too. He is only 1 year older then a Correy Potter for example, and made the NHL out of camp 3 years ago.

And he did some really good things in the NHL; mixed in with trying to do a extreme amount of "too much" at times. ;) Kondratiev skates well and he is pretty physical. Kondratiev is pretty solid in most aspects. He could defenitly become a Brett Lebda type of D in the NHL.

Also, he doesn't want to play in the AHL. He rather go to the KHL if he don't gets a NHL contract. Or thats what he always had said before. And that defenitly makes sense, to me atleast. However, that fact, with the fact that Anaheim's D kind of have been crowded, is what have kept him outside the NHL so far.

NYR Viper 09-06-2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 15363051)
I think P.A. Parenteau is a big sleeper in this camp.

I have optimism towards the Voros/Rismiller signings because I think Sather has by far made the right choices since the lockout, but there are so many guys I think could contribute on the 3rd/4th lines that I somewhat hate the signings.

i was hoping the same thing....the guy has a knack for offense....i really hope renney gives him a shot....i think he could work wonders with the likes of drury etc.....

the problem is players like sjostrom, prucha and rissmiller.....if everyone i want to see play, actually gets a spot, then none of them will be playing.......and parenteau is one of them

The Thomas J.* 09-06-2008 05:55 AM

It's gonna be a strange camp, looking up & down the training camp roster I can't remember when had this much talent, lot of borderline NHLers in this group, more players than spots. It should be intresting, it's a nice prolbem to have......finally.:nod:

Seachd 09-06-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 15363315)
It has to be Mike Taylor who signed a AHL contract in the off season. Jake Taylor signed with someone else. Evan Pighen had 22 goals and 48 points with Chilliwack of the WHL last year. All the others were mentioned before during the off season at development camps etc. A few of them are signed--Demagin, Brodeur, Urquhart, Owens.

Jake Taylor hasn't signed with Edmonton, but he's been invited to their training camp.

Vitto79 09-06-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Hell yea!!

I agree, Kondratiev may be the sleeper for that spot....I figure it's Pock or him.............makes no sense to carry a younger player there as they won't get alot of time

Just wondering...............

for the Brian Leetch Trade it was Kondratiev, Immonen and a 1st.........was that first rounder Korpikoski?????????

FLYLine24 09-06-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 15364445)
I agree, Kondratiev may be the sleeper for that spot....I figure it's Pock or him.............makes no sense to carry a younger player there as they won't get alot of time

Just wondering...............

for the Brian Leetch Trade it was Kondratiev, Immonen and a 1st.........was that first rounder Korpikoski?????????

Yes.

SaveByLundqvist 09-06-2008 11:10 AM

Wow we only got like five players 30 or over, Drury, Redden, Rozy, Nalund, and Vally. I'm not counting Nedved cause he won't make the team. The Rangers have to be one of the youngest teams in the league now, I'm extra excited this year I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting team to watch. Does anyone else feel like Glen is trying to model this team after the 06-07 Sabres?

Cherepanisimov 09-06-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 15364445)
I agree, Kondratiev may be the sleeper for that spot....I figure it's Pock or him.............

fahey will get a strong look too

Trxjw 09-06-2008 01:33 PM

I see Sauer on there, how's his knee doing? I thought he was going to miss a few weeks/months to start the season?