HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BRANKO- the STEAL of the DEAL? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54924)

FlyerFire 02-23-2004 03:51 PM

BRANKO- the STEAL of the DEAL?

on the O&B board they're talking about him being the steal of that deal.thoughts?

GKJ 02-23-2004 04:00 PM

if anyone watched branko radivojevic as a coyote they would know he isn't the steal of the deal, we're getting exactly what he has been.

FlyerFire 02-23-2004 04:19 PM

which is?

what?so far same # of points as J.WILL in 5 less games i believe.comment? :dunno:

Teezax 02-23-2004 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
what?so far same # of points as J.WILL in 5 less games i believe.comment? :dunno:

Here's a comment, Williams with a hell of a lot more GRIT, but i still miss that SOB

VaFlyer 02-23-2004 04:33 PM

To me so far I see two main differences between Radio and Williams. First, I don't think Radio is quite as purely skilled as Williams. He doesn't, so far, seem to get all caught up in making the pretty play. The "pretty play" was one thing which often got Williams into Hitch's doghouse. Second, I think he is more than willing to play any role given him on the team. I don't think Williams ever really looked at it that way. Maybe it is just my perception, but I think Williams really wanted to be a top 2 line player despite the fact that he was behind Recchi and Amonte at RW and Leclair and Gagne on the LW. Radio on the other hand seems perfectly content to be whatever we ask him to do.

FlyersGuy69 02-23-2004 06:32 PM

he was a good young player added to the deal but I don't know about him being a steal.

sickboy35 02-23-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
he was a good young player added to the deal but I don't know about him being a steal.

not to get off topic, but i love that avatar!! i'm a huge aic fan and it broke my heart the day lane died!!

FlyersGuy69 02-23-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
not to get off topic, but i love that avatar!! i'm a huge aic fan and it broke my heart the day lane died!!

thanks!
they were one of my favorite bands and could have done so much more if not for his drug addiction. they could still be putting out great albums and it's a terrible waste/loss of talent.

sickboy35 02-23-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
thanks!
they were one of my favorite bands and could have done so much more if not for his drug addiction. they could still be putting out great albums and it's a terrible waste/loss of talent.

totally agree! i think they were the best of the "seattle bands" they were talented, wrote great songs and could sing incredible harmonics, like no other rock band i know!

st_roland 02-23-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
totally agree! i think they were the best of the "seattle bands" they were talented, wrote great songs and could sing incredible harmonics, like no other rock band i know!

Which band are you guys talking about?

V for Voodoo 02-23-2004 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st_roland
Which band are you guys talking about?

Alice in Chains

DJ Spinoza 02-24-2004 12:00 AM

In time, this deal might be OK, regardless of what Boo-urke does. :p ;)

Frankly, I'm pretty impressed with Clarke on this one. He unloaded a guy who won't fit into our division well at all, or on the Flyers. To be a little guy[and have sucess in the division/East in general], you have to play like Gionta or as a better example St. Louis. Comrie's game is much better suited for a Western team.

I've seen two games (San Jose and Boston) of the Flyers coincidently (just taping all the ESPN games I can get my hands on...I need to actually be able to root for a team that, you know wins in games) since the trade. The Flyers seem to think highly of Radivojevic and he's being put out there with guys who are good, vs being regulated to limited ice time and fourth line duty.

Anyways, some of that might be a bi-product of the depth Philly has up front, but I think Radivojevic will be a keeper for the Flyers for years to come.

Just have him go easy on the Pens, ok?

MojoJojo 02-24-2004 07:51 AM

Branko is good. Easily the best part of the trade. I must admitt I am pleasantly surprised by the guy. Straight up I would choose Willy though.

I still dont like the trades Clarke has made this year, with the exception of the Zhamnov and Timmander deals. Markov>Weinrich, but then, Woywitka>Eager, Williams>Radivojevic, Burke=Hackett=garbage, 1st 2nd 3rd > 4th and future considerations.

Cuiff 02-24-2004 09:26 AM

I am not sure if he is the steal of the deal but I like what I have seen from him. He appears to see the ice well and plays the game hard. I think he passes with a nice touch. I gained a lot of respect for him when I heard him on WIP (Sunday) The kid seems like a class-act. Very mature for his age. I expect him to play a 2nd/3rd line role here in Philly for awhile. :D