HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are the rangers going on a fire sale? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54932)

the jpageman 02-23-2004 04:23 PM

Are the rangers going on a fire sale?

As you may now, the rangers could probably miss the playoffs. If they decide to unload a few big name contracts for cheap a few players might come interesting:

-Boby holik at 5mil a year it take him(actually at 9 mil)

-darius kaparatis at 2mil a year ( actually at 4 mil)
-Chris simon

DirtyJeeves 02-23-2004 04:26 PM

I'll pass on anyone not named Kovalev. At a discount, of course.

Mooch 02-23-2004 04:27 PM

Lests hope that we can push them in that direction after tonight :D

As for the players you listed, the only guy i like is simmon, but the pirce will probably be high, so i say forget it. As for the other two, just way two damn overpaid.

Tuggy 02-23-2004 04:30 PM

I would love to have Holik on my team but not a 9 million at a season, other then him....they can keep them all.

BBR 02-23-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
I would love to have Holik on my team but not a 9 million at a season, other then him....they can keep them all.

Maybe barnaby would be good 1line whit Koivu
protec him and make space for him and he
can score.

BLONG7 02-23-2004 04:35 PM

JD on HNIC said on Saturday, if they lose tonight then there will be a firesale.

Tuggy 02-23-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
JD on HNIC said on Saturday, if they lose tonight then there will be a firesale.

Well they will be either 9 or 13 points out of the playoffs, so ya a loss pretty much finishes their season. It would be interesting to see who they trade...

Team_Spirit 02-23-2004 04:41 PM

Kaspar would be interesting , Malakhov too . If the price is low we could grab one of them .

romain_jaime 02-23-2004 04:41 PM

Sather is gone next season along with a few overpaid players. The Rangers have given Sather all the power in the world to make a playoff team and he has come up empty thus far.... Time to rebuild and get younger New York ! :handclap:

Guy Caballero 02-23-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the jpageman
As you may now, the rangers could probably miss the playoffs. If they decide to unload a few big name contracts for cheap a few players might come interesting:

-Boby holik at 5mil a year it take him(actually at 9 mil)

-darius kaparatis at 2mil a year ( actually at 4 mil)
-Chris simon

Holik at 5 mil? Where do I sign. As for the other two, I don't think Kasparitis is that good, and we don't need simon. I want toughness along the boards, not toughness sitting in the penalty box for 10 minutes a game.

Mooch 02-23-2004 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Holik at 5 mil? Where do I sign. As for the other two, I don't think Kasparitis is that good, and we don't need simon. I want toughness along the boards, not toughness sitting in the penalty box for 10 minutes a game.

Good point on simon, i neve looked at it that way!

Corey 02-23-2004 05:17 PM

I'm not sure Kasparaitis will return this season.

RichardZednik#20 02-23-2004 06:04 PM

I would take Nedved if NY pay a portion of his 4.750 mil$. Very good hockey player in a bad team.

goalchenyuk 02-23-2004 06:08 PM

i read that if NY is not winning the next 3 games ( they already won the first ) , Sather is going to do the fire sale... :D

so if we win tonight ... :D

RE-HABS 02-23-2004 06:17 PM

Holik at 5 million is too much for what he brings to a team. If DeVries was healthy and less expensive I would be interested for sure.

Kovalev, Rags would have to cover some salary for sure.

Tricolore#20 02-23-2004 06:44 PM

I would go for Petr Nedved. He has really been somewhat underrated I find, ever since all the superstars got to that team. He obviously doesn't get the hype of Kovalev, Jagr, Bure, Lindros, Leetch, Messier. Usually when watching the Rangers, Nedved sets everything up, and creates so many dangerous rushes. Plus he's big, which we could use down the middle. Nedved is pretty tough too. I remember seeing the Boston NYR game this year where he got levelled pretty good, but got right back up.

A change of scenery would do him good, maybe MontreaL?

habitue* 02-23-2004 09:21 PM

Barnaby would add a good spark on our third line.

VAN-HAB 02-23-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I would go for Petr Nedved. He has really been somewhat underrated I find, ever since all the superstars got to that team. He obviously doesn't get the hype of Kovalev, Jagr, Bure, Lindros, Leetch, Messier. Usually when watching the Rangers, Nedved sets everything up, and creates so many dangerous rushes. Plus he's big, which we could use down the middle. Nedved is pretty tough too. I remember seeing the Boston NYR game this year where he got levelled pretty good, but got right back up.

A change of scenery would do him good, maybe MontreaL?

How much does he make?

RE-HABS 02-23-2004 09:42 PM

The phone is ringing in 29 GM offices outside of Sathers office after tonights game.

Tricolore#20 02-23-2004 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
How much does he make?

Its mentionned in this thread that he makes 4.750 million. Nedved's contract expires though after this season. I read that the Red Wings may want to pick this up (since they were unable to get Zhamnov), and move Steve Yzerman to the wing for the rest of the season.

BLONG7 02-23-2004 09:46 PM

Thought the Wings were after Lang???

VAN-HAB 02-23-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Its mentionned in this thread that he makes 4.750 million. Nedved's contract expires though after this season. I read that the Red Wings may want to pick this up (since they were unable to get Zhamnov), and move Steve Yzerman to the wing for the rest of the season.

Thanks!

RE-HABS 02-23-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Thought the Wings were after Lang???

With Nedved there is no commitment after this season, with Lang you still owe him 5.5 million per over the next 3 years.

the jpageman 02-23-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Holik at 5 million is too much for what he brings to a team. If DeVries was healthy and less expensive I would be interested for sure.

Kovalev, Rags would have to cover some salary for sure.

Id put Holik on third line along with ward and juneau.
If we could pick barnaby hed be on my fourth line along with bégin and langdon.

Team_Spirit 02-23-2004 10:53 PM

I'd like to get Nedved too , he could play LW next to Koivu and Zednik . He has a lot of experience and like Tricolore#20 said he seem to be the best Rag$ foward . And if we get him , make the playoff and if he makes some impact maybe he'll want to return to the team as a UFA .

Here is the offer : Hossa ... if we really wants him . Or Sundstrom + 2nd pick if he's available for cheap . Maybe they want Hainsey too , he would fit well in NY ;)