HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Please ! Let's stick to HOCKEY ! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54977)

habitue* 02-23-2004 05:51 PM

Please ! Let's stick to HOCKEY !

How come it seems impossible to talk HOCKEY, and HOCKEY ONLY on this board ? Most of us are quick to start trash talk about the medias, particularly the French speaking medias. Enough is enough. It is total nonsense always talking about the medias and the numerous clowns - French and English- instead of expressing OUR own opinion on topics related to our "beloved" Canadiens. As I wrote yesterday, the Montreal medias - as well as all medias in all other sports cities - are stirring the pot to SELL PAPERS and GET RATINGS. So get over it ! They -those medias_ need a good and a bad guy, a white and a dark side, to make up stories. NOT US !

For me, we are blessed to have talented centermen like Koivu and Ribeiro; two good young goalies like Theo and Garon; two unperfect D-men like Brisebois and Rivet; and yes, two languages to praise or ***** them.

If you go on other boards, most of the time they stick to HOCKEY.

Let's do the same and let's have fun !

Mooch 02-23-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitué
How come it seems impossible to talk HOCKEY, and HOCKEY ONLY on this board ? Most of us are quick to start trash talk about the medias, particularly the French speaking medias. Enough is enough. It is total nonsense always talking about the medias and the numerous clowns - French and English- instead of expressing OUR own opinion on topics related to our "beloved" Canadiens. As I wrote yesterday, the Montreal medias - as well as all medias in all other sports cities - are stirring the pot to SELL PAPERS and GET RATINGS. So get over it ! They -those medias_ need a good and a bad guy, a white and a dark side, to make up stories. NOT US !

For me, we are blessed to have talented centermen like Koivu and Ribeiro; two good young goalies like Theo and Garon; two unperfect D-men like Brisebois and Rivet; and yes, two languages to praise or ***** them.

This is a good thread, but i bet you that something will come out of it, wheter it be bashing, critisizing or something of that sort.

Carbonneau 02-23-2004 06:02 PM

Well, I personally think, that the media in french is a big part of our team. They want the Habs to be a winner, but don't realize that they never have helped the situation.
Montreal is the best and worst place to play in the NHL. I think it's time for the organization to close off practises and shelter their players a little more from the media. I'm not saying to cut off the media totally, but this making "something out of nothing " mentality has to stop.

tritone 02-23-2004 06:13 PM

Habsolutely

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Well, I personally think, that the media in french is a big part of our team. They want the Habs to be a winner, but don't realize that they never have helped the situation.
Montreal is the best and worst place to play in the NHL. I think it's time for the organization to close off practises and shelter their players a little more from the media. I'm not saying to cut off the media totally, but this making "something out of nothing " mentality has to stop.

Look at the Alouettes , they choked out the Media and aside from reporters being total dinkleberries towards the team , all is well with them . I think BG should call a media boycott and teach them a lesson...fans will be fans regardless of media coverage ....so let these National Enquirer types sweat it out a bit and make them realize their jobs depend on the people that they are so fond of slashing publically

BLONG7 02-23-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Well said! :bow:

Kirk Muller 02-23-2004 10:25 PM

Ideally, it would be nice not to have to talk about media and politics, but frankly, like what was said above, these are very real aspects of being a habs fan and part of hockey in Montreal.

Even if reporters were choked out of the lockerroom, planes etc., there will still be crap disturbers.

The problem is not soley the media though, there are many stupid people around who believe what anyone says - french, english, finnish, whatever. Thus a reason why it will never leave these boards is because people will start a thread with _____ (insert reporter/entertainer) as basis to blast certain players, prop up certain players, or create controversy. If people wouldn't give the power to the media by circulating their agendas, it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Now that is all I want to say on this topic for a long time.

habitue* 02-24-2004 09:57 AM

Folks bashing each other in the "Todd..." thread have not understand yet. If you want politics, go elsewhere please !

8b 02-24-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Well I don't want to shock you but most of your post is about media!! :joker:

romain_jaime 02-24-2004 11:21 AM

I am sorry, but Hockey in Montreal and the media in Montreal go hand in hand. This perhaps has something to due with the fact that hockey in Montreal is a religion. What bothers me is the french vs english posts on this forum. Let them fight themselves !

goalchenyuk 02-24-2004 11:47 AM

i agree , the board is looking more and more like a ''french medias talk board ''

it will be great if everytime a new thread is talking about 110 % or rds that one of the moderators close it already..but they will be too busy with all the posts to close. :D

may be we can simply do it by ourselves ; or add a new rule about posting ;don't have the right to name '' rds or 110 % or Cherry '' on this board... :)

habitue* 02-24-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
i agree , the board is looking more and more like a ''french medias talk board ''

it will be great if everytime a new thread is talking about 110 % or rds that one of the moderators close it already..but they will be too busy with all the posts to close. :D

may be we can simply do it by ourselves ; or add a new rule about posting ;don't have the right to name '' rds or 110 % or Cherry '' on this board... :)

:yo: You're darn right ! :handclap:

habitue* 02-24-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8b

Ya, but I would like to be able to stick to hockey matters instead, like most of us on this board.

BJCOLLINS 02-24-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

very well said. :yo:

BJCOLLINS 02-24-2004 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8b

media is O.K. as long as it sticks with hockey for this form. :teach: