HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ward on the first Line! what did you think about that? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55074)

oli500 02-23-2004 11:38 PM

Ward on the first Line! what did you think about that?

I really liked the way Ward played on the first line vs the rangers tonight. I think hes exacly what we need on the side of Koivu and Zednik. He might not be the fastest skater on the habs but he brings a physical game and some grit that bulis dosent bring. I mean on wards goal He was standing right in front of the net to tip it in, Something that the habs have to do more often if they want to win. Ward might not be the most talented foward of the bunch but he plays with hart and is something we've been missing as a first line winger for a long time. He can easily open the ice for koivu and zednik with his style of play.

Habs4Life 02-23-2004 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
I really liked the way Ward played on the first line vs the rangers tonight. I think hes exacly what we need on the side of Koivu and Zednik. He might not be the fastest skater on the habs but he brings a physical game and some grit that bulis dosent bring. I mean on wards goal He was standing right in front of the net to tip it in, Something that the habs have to do more often if they want to win. Ward might not be the most talented foward of the bunch but he plays with hart and is something we've been missing as a first line winger for a long time. He can easily open the ice for koivu and zednik with his style of play.

I also think Ward deserves a chance to prove himself on the first line...
Take Bulis out and put Ward on the first line for a game.....
People say he doesn't have the talent but ive seen him play at the AHL level and if he can bring that same intensity and heart then he could end up scoring alot of goals on the first line

Larmar 02-24-2004 01:25 AM

Ward in the first line is best decision! :yo:

#44_delivers 02-24-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larmar
Ward in the first line is best decision! :yo:

what excites me more then seeing ward on the first line would be seeing bulis on the 3rd line, the first line becomes more phisical and balanced, while the 3rd line gets 5X better with bulis.
but sadly i dont see this happening :(

Malakhov 02-24-2004 02:15 AM

Ward was great on the first line, he'd always rush to the net wich is what all the players should be doing.

Tuggy 02-24-2004 03:37 AM

Not sure the extent of Bulis' injury but there isn't a lot of time to heal since the boys are back in Montreal for a date with the Sens tonight. So if Bulis doesn't go I would like to see Ward used in his place....

Team_Spirit 02-24-2004 07:47 AM

Who could pick this spot on the pro roster anyways ? Sundstrom was a disaster .

Darz 02-24-2004 07:51 AM

If Ward spends an extended amount of time on the first line we are in trouble. I don't deny that he brings grit and heart to the line, but Begin could do the same and wouldn't be a good idea either.
The habs have to find players that Koivu can play with that have the ability to put the puck in the net. Nice goal last night by Ward, but I really don't think he has the skills to be a first line game in, game out, shift in, shift out.

romain_jaime 02-24-2004 07:53 AM

Speaking of ward on the first line.. I think the Ribeiro/Ryder/Dagenais line is awesome! Anyone see that pass from Dagenais to Ribeiro from behind the net?

I thought he couldn't pass :dunno:

Mooch 02-24-2004 07:56 AM

YEP,

I always said this guy would be good on the first line. I really liked how he crashed the net, something zednik or bulis do not do enough of.

GO WARD GO!

Dragon 02-24-2004 08:35 AM

Ward brings another dimension to the first line. He brings some element that was missing there. If he can skate and shoot............... then we have an increditable first line. Well guess I am dreaming :p

Mooch 02-24-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romain_jaime
Speaking of ward on the first line.. I think the Ribeiro/Ryder/Dagenais line is awesome! Anyone see that pass from Dagenais to Ribeiro from behind the net?

I thought he couldn't pass :dunno:

I dont think he can. I honestly think he got lucky with that pass, LOL!

oli500 02-24-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
If Ward spends an extended amount of time on the first line we are in trouble. I don't deny that he brings grit and heart to the line, but Begin could do the same and wouldn't be a good idea either.
The habs have to find players that Koivu can play with that have the ability to put the puck in the net. Nice goal last night by Ward, but I really don't think he has the skills to be a first line game in, game out, shift in, shift out.

You see ward in my opinion can score goals. He scored them in hamilton for two straight seasons. I know its not the same caliber of hockey but still all Ward needs its a bit of confidence. Look at Ryder at the begining of the season. He had the confidence of his coach and ryder has done a tramondus job. Ward wont score the pretyis goals out there but he knows how to play hockey and we should give him a chanche. Not to take anything away from Bulis but so many times koivu gave him the puck on his stick and he dident even hit the net. Ive seen ward play in hamilton last year a couple times, and hes the type of player that goes to net and picks up the garbage our rebounds.

All this to say that the coaches confidence towards a young player plays a big role in a young players development and if the coach has confidence in Ward to play him on the first line, I think he can do a tramondous job even with that lack of talent.

As they say those who work hard everyday well get rewarded one day and in my opinion its the perfect example to give the other young players. Ward has been one of those players that has given his 100% everyday and should play with koivu and zednik for a while.

Bob Bastards 02-24-2004 09:35 AM

Ward on the first is good until Bulis get back or until we find a more suitable first liner since I wish to have Bulis back on the third line in the futur. But right now is a good choice.

Sam I Am 02-24-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

You see Ward in my opinion can score goals. He scored them in hamilton for two straight seasons. I know it's not the same calibre of hockey but still all Ward needs its a bit of confidence. Look at Ryder at the begining of the season. He had the confidence of his coach and ryder has done a tremendous job...

...All this to say that the coaches confidence towards a young player plays a big role in a young players development and if the coach has confidence in Ward to play him on the first line, I think he can do a tramondous job even with that lack of talent.

As they say those who work hard everyday well get rewarded one day and in my opinion its the perfect example to give the other young players. Ward has been one of those players that has given his 100% everyday and should play with koivu and zednik for a while.

I believe that Ward, if given the chance, will surprise all those nay-sayers who claim he lacks the skill to play on an offensive line. I remember exactly the same thing said last season and early in this one about Ryder...

A two or three week absence to Bulis just may allow Ward to steal his spot beside Koivu and Zednik. The beauty part is tha Bulis will really elevate our third line if Julien decides to go that way and can also spell Dagenais on the second line if his effort level slips once again.

GG#60 02-24-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

100% true. Let's hope he can pot some goals in the next couple games (if he stays on the 1st line that is).