HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Kalovy Vary in the league from next year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551078)

Den 09-12-2008 04:22 PM

Kalovy Vary in the league from next year?

http://www.championat.ru/hockey/news-139942.html

I liked especially the argument that Russians buy lots of property there :sarcasm:

cska78 09-12-2008 06:37 PM

why not, russian tourists can go watch other Russian teams play there. If they do join that would be interesting. Not sure what the idea though? How many new teams do we want in the KHL? How many teams do we want in the KHL period?32? Are there any poorer/weaker Russian teams going to be droped at the sake of foreign teams?

Den 09-12-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 15428563)
why not, russian tourists can go watch other Russian teams play there. If they do join that would be interesting. Not sure what the idea though? How many new teams do we want in the KHL? How many teams do we want in the KHL period?32? Are there any poorer/weaker Russian teams going to be droped at the sake of foreign teams?

Right now there is only one Rus candidate, Avtomobilist. I think, and hope, that this is the last Russian team in the league. There's already too many weak teams. Which leaves us with 5-7 teams to be admitted at most. I do not believe that the Scandinavians will be joining: they seem to be set on creating their Nordic League. So, it's Czechs, Slovaks, Switzerland, Germany. Say 2 teams from Cze, 1 from Svk, 2-4 Swiss/German.

Paxton Fettel 09-13-2008 04:33 AM

KV is a very small city. and although there's Russians at every street corner, it just won't work.

Den 09-13-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel (Post 15432022)
KV is a very small city. and although there's Russians at every street corner, it just won't work.

60,000. But there are many towns around with Plzen and Prague relatively close. The bottom line is can they fill their new arena (6,000) and be competitive. If in some remote future the KHL moves to higher capacity arenas, than this franchise can be relocated.

cska78 09-13-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 15428849)
Right now there is only one Rus candidate, Avtomobilist. I think, and hope, that this is the last Russian team in the league. There's already too many weak teams. Which leaves us with 5-7 teams to be admitted at most. I do not believe that the Scandinavians will be joining: they seem to be set on creating their Nordic League. So, it's Czechs, Slovaks, Switzerland, Germany. Say 2 teams from Cze, 1 from Svk, 2-4 Swiss/German.

Gazovik, Rus', KS (when all issues are resolved), Avtomobilist, Jugra to name a few Russian teams who voiced the intention of joining KHL.

Sokol and Torpedo Ust'-Kamenogorsk, as well as Junost' also may be in the waiting from CIS teams.

Den 09-13-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 15434559)
Gazovik, Rus', KS (when all issues are resolved), Avtomobilist, Jugra to name a few Russian teams who voiced the intention of joining KHL.

Sokol and Torpedo Ust'-Kamenogorsk, as well as Junost' also may be in the waiting from CIS teams.

Well, why do we need more floaters in the league? Sokol will never garner any money, BTW, I think. I'd rather have the Czech extraleague last year's runner-up then more gazoviks.

cska78 09-14-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 15435525)
Well, why do we need more floaters in the league? Sokol will never garner any money, BTW, I think. I'd rather have the Czech extraleague last year's runner-up then more gazoviks.

I think having truly foreign teams will not work, and if it will it will only work temporarily. There are millions of reasons why, no need to name them they are obvious. It might work for a year or two, but in the end there will be a need to search for a replacement team.