HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Mon-phi.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551211)

Bugsy 09-13-2008 03:47 AM

Mon-phi....

How about this.........

To MON: Lupul, Nodl
To PHI: Chipchura, D'Agostini, Subban, draft pick

Not enough from Montreal?? Philly is over the cap by $4.5M, moving Lupul's $2.5M cap hit for some young potential good be a good move. Carter could move up to Lupul's RW spot or Giroux or Upshall......

:yoda:

Morozov 09-13-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 15431949)
How about this.........

Not enough from Montreal?? Philly is over the cap by $4.5M, moving Lupul's $2.5M cap hit for some young potential good be a good move. Carter could move up to Lupul's RW spot or Giroux or Upshall......

:yoda:

Doesn't Philly have some crap they can shed rather than moving a productive part of the team like Lupul to get under the cap?

Rick Deckard 09-13-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

No, Philadelphia just gave Lupul a four year contract extension, they won't trade him for another center (Briere, Richards, Carter, Metropolit), another young wing (Giroux, Nödl, Maroon, Downie, vanRiemsdyk, Kalinski ...) and another mid-level defense prospect (Parent, Marshall, Bodrov, Sbisa, Bartulis, Guenin, Ratchuk ... ). You offer three parts Philadelphia has absolutely no need for.

Quote:

Not true, Hatcher and Rathje will be on the LTIR or play for the Phantoms once the season starts, the Flyers aren't over the salary cap.

Carter can't play wing, it has been tried and it didn't work.

Morozov 09-13-2008 04:07 AM

Yeah Hatcher was the crap I was thinking of ;) as much as I would love the Flyers to start moving out productive players due to salary issues it is not necessary.

FlyHigh 09-13-2008 04:09 AM

Nope.

Chuck Downie 09-13-2008 05:58 AM

Very Bad trade for Philly. Call Atlanta if you want a steal.....

ECWHSWI 09-13-2008 08:10 AM

Habs roster's full, they got their 23 players already (without Chipchura), so if you want to send Lupul Habs way, you got to take one of our 4th liners, like Begin or Kostopoulos... or Dandeneault even!

BillyShoe1721 09-13-2008 08:25 AM

So we give away a guy we just signed to a 4-year extension who has shown last year that he could be at least a 60 point player and our 3rd best forward prospect (don't count Downie as a prospect) for three above average pieces that we have no need for as a organization. No, it just doesn't work for Philly, mostly for the reasons that Rick described above.

Thundermare 09-13-2008 08:26 AM

Lupul would probably end up on Mtl 3rd or 4th Line. While a nice addition, we don't need him... and Phily wouldn,t trade him to Mtl anyway.

I'd rather keep the Prospect like Subban and Chipper.

sievea* 09-13-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveRadu (Post 15432436)
Lupul would probably end up on Mtl 3rd or 4th Line.

no, he wouldn't.

Judge Sauer* 09-13-2008 08:53 AM

I don't see Lupul taking away the spot of either Plekanec or Koivu....so what do you mean no, he wouldn't?

Van Buren Boy 09-13-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveRadu (Post 15432436)
Lupul would probably end up on Mtl 3rd or 4th Line.

Sure, the type of power forward Montreal has always needed and they will play him on the 3rd or 4th line. Habs just continue to get soft...they'll look pretty during the regular season though...oh and Habs fans really overrate their prospects.

sievea* 09-13-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2nd Round Pick (Post 15432557)
I don't see Lupul taking away the spot of either Plekanec or Koivu....so what do you mean no, he wouldn't?

Lupul isn't even a center

Analyzer* 09-13-2008 09:17 AM

If it was the Lupul from Edmonton, then he'd be on the 3rd/4th line, but the one from last year would be 2nd liner.

To get Lupul would be pretty sweet, but that's not going to happen. Hatcher, Rathje are off and if they need to dump some more money, I'm sure they got some crap players they can deal for a 5th, or send down.

Blind Gardien 09-13-2008 09:25 AM

Both teams are trying to compete this year. Lupul is the only established player in the group. There isn't any incentive for Philly to move an established player for prospects, regardless of how you want to judge the value of those prospects.

GKJ 09-13-2008 09:36 AM

THE FLYERS DO NOT HAVE CAP PROBLEMS

The Flyers JUST signed Lupul to a contract 4-year extension kicking in next year. They have two players with a combined cap hit of $7M going on LTIR. Mike Rathje is never playing hockey again, but if he does, it won't be with the Flyers.

You want to know how concerned the Flyers are about it? They're letting Bryan Berard attend camp (on his own volition, they didn't ask him) and have been rumored to re-sign Jim Dowd. If need be, there are 3 or 4 other guys who they can send down.

None of this is new information.

jb** 09-13-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 15432774)
THE FLYERS DO NOT HAVE CAP PROBLEMS

The Flyers JUST signed Lupul to a contract 4-year extension kicking in next year. They have two players with a combined cap hit of $7M going on LTIR. Mike Rathje is never playing hockey again, but if he does, it won't be with the Flyers.

You want to know how concerned the Flyers are about it? They're letting Bryan Berard attend camp (on his own volition, they didn't ask him) and have been rumored to re-sign Jim Dowd. If need be, there are 3 or 4 other guys who they can send down.

None of this is new information.

you can assume hatcher will be in injured list. it is no guarentee by any means. this has a chance to get ugly. homer has said diff things. they may put him on injured list, if he can play he will. he has been skating according to stevens. if hatcher pushes the issue they may have to waive him to the phantoms.

MonacoBlue 09-13-2008 10:10 AM

The Flyers wouldn't do this. The Habs would want to do it, but regretfully decline because they need as much center depth as possible.

mercury 09-13-2008 10:14 AM

I'd love for a non-Flyers fan to make a trade proposal that addresses a Flyers need by having us trading from our strengths, but I am not holding my breath. I am sure they will continue to be "The Flyers are X dollars over the cap, so. . ." It's really annoying at this point.

The Expert 09-13-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhreak (Post 15432559)
Sure, the type of power forward Montreal has always needed and they will play him on the 3rd or 4th line. Habs just continue to get soft...they'll look pretty during the regular season though...oh and Habs fans really overrate their prospects.

Yeah signing Laraque was a weak move. And overrating prospects is done by everyone, even Philly "fans."

Just because you're a Flyers fan who cares more about physical play than the actual hockey part, doesnt mean every other team is weak.

sievea* 09-13-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass Lee (Post 15433113)
Just because you're a Flyers fan who cares more about physical play than the actual hockey part, doesnt mean every other team is weak.

a majority of the reason the Canadiens lost against the Flyers in the playoffs was because everyone except Koivu were almost scared to go in front of the net and get rebounds. physicality would help.

and physical play is part of "actual hockey."

GKJ 09-13-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 15432929)
you can assume hatcher will be in injured list. it is no guarentee by any means. this has a chance to get ugly. homer has said diff things. they may put him on injured list, if he can play he will. he has been skating according to stevens. if hatcher pushes the issue they may have to waive him to the phantoms.

Like I said...

Judge Sauer* 09-13-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sievea (Post 15432565)
Lupul isn't even a center

Why the heck am I thinking he does?

LEIFey 09-13-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2nd Round Pick (Post 15432557)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE (Post 15432985)
The Flyers wouldn't do this. The Habs would want to do it, but regretfully decline because they need as much center depth as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2nd Round Pick (Post 15433314)
Why the heck am I thinking he does?

its ok, you're not the only one, apparently.

flyers aren't looking for quantity, they're already very close to the 50 contract limit and are looking to contend for a stanley cup. that means they're not afraid to be right against the cap and they're not going to be trading recently re-signed 50 point forwards.

if they need to drop salary, keep rathje on LTIR (face it, the guy's done), waive hatcher (i hate to do it because i like hatch, but it's a necessary move at this point), or trade someone like knuble or jones. we're not dropping a significant contributor for cap space.

Van Buren Boy 09-13-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass Lee (Post 15433113)
Yeah signing Laraque was a weak move. And overrating prospects is done by everyone, even Philly "fans."

You need physicality in your top 3 lines as well. I'm not talking goons. I'm talking about guys who will pay the price to win at all costs. You can get away with it during the regular season but once the playoffs roll around it's a different animal.

Thing is, everyone does overrate their prospects but this guy didn't even offer a top tier prospect for a Top line player who plays even strength, on the PP, the PK and was on pace for 30 goals and 70pts if injuries didn't get in the way. The same guy who was traded for Pronger and was also traded for Pitkanen (who Edmonton eventually got Cole for). Yet this proposal offers garbage.