HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Calling all Habs Fans along the I-95 Corridor in the Northeast USA!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551331)

nyhabsfan 09-13-2008 04:09 PM

OT: Calling all Habs Fans along the I-95 Corridor in the Northeast USA!!
 
This DIE HARD Habs fan (since 1975) is looking for fellow fans to watch the team on TV at a sports bar and possible go on a road trip to Montreal to see our team play. Heck if you're not truly insane, my place on a 50 inch HD is even possible.

I went twice last year and had a blast... great food, beautiful women and of course the greatest team on earth!

I live in CT, near New Haven and its tough being a Habs fan stuck right in the middle of Boston and NYC.

If you're interested in watching the team take a run at the cup on this very special year, IM me privately.

I am also thinking of starting a Northeast USA Habs Fan Club, i used to be a member when I was young and live in western Canada.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!! :yo:

Habs 09-13-2008 06:23 PM

:shakehead
This is what Jeffrey Dahmer classified ad looked like, don't fall for it people. He's a serial killer in New England trolling for Hab fans to murder.

LilWinger11 09-13-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 15437459)
:shakehead
This is what Jeffrey Dahmer classified ad looked like, don't fall for it people. He's a Bruins fan in New England trolling for Hab fans to murder.

Fixed ;)

I'm up near Hartford, but I know we have at least one other New Haven-area fan on the board.

nyhabsfan 09-13-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 15437459)
:shakehead
This is what Jeffrey Dahmer classified ad looked like, don't fall for it people. He's a serial killer in New England trolling for Hab fans to murder.


I know where you live!

Be scared...very scared! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWinger11 (Post 15437483)
Fixed ;)

I'm up near Hartford, but I know we have at least one other New Haven-area fan on the board.

Cool... I work in Hartford... so you and your New Haven connection....

Count is up to 3!! :naughty:

Come on ... lets get all the Habs fan in the area!!! :nod:

supertzar 09-13-2008 06:34 PM

I live in milford...but I don't want to you know...get killed...so, you're sane, right?

Just Kidding pal! Good to know I'm not the only Habs fan here in Ranger country.

nyhabsfan 09-13-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertzar (Post 15437546)
I live in milford...but I don't want to you know...get killed...so, you're sane, right?

Just Kidding pal! Good to know I'm not the only Habs fan here in Ranger country.

You are not alone.... if you're interested in high fiving a habs fan, we can talk about watching a game.

Count = 4... keep it coming! :yo:

Le Tricolore 09-13-2008 11:29 PM

You guys are so cute.

sonnytheman 09-13-2008 11:34 PM

I live in Boston...is that close enough?

Beakermania* 09-14-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan (Post 15437519)
Cool... I work in Hartford... so you and your New Haven connection....

Count is up to 3!! :naughty:

Watch the :naughty: with this Mod's Girlfriend.... I'm the only one allowed to be :naughty: with her.

Cull909 09-14-2008 01:26 AM

I live in Middletown, and am up for catching a game

nyhabsfan 09-14-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnytheman (Post 15439707)
I live in Boston...is that close enough?

Close enough to make it to some of our events and if we get a road trip to Boston...well its your town, so us around!! :D

I notices your flag... cool... I was born there... a long long time ago! :sarcasm:

count = 5!! :handclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cull909 (Post 15440343)
I live in Middletown, and am up for catching a game


Awesome!!!!!!

Count = 6 in less than 24 hours of the original post!! :nod:

Come on New England Habs fans...I know you're out there!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15440167)
Watch the :naughty: with this Mod's Girlfriend.... I'm the only one allowed to be :naughty: with her.

:naughty::D:naughty:

threesome....that' me in the middle! ;)

Hi Guys,

Well with 6 Habs fans in the northeast, I think that's good enough to start a fan club!:yo:

Scheduled Events .......


October 1st ----- Inaugural Meeting!

6:00 PM - Introductions and Pre-game chat

7:00 PM - Habs destroy the Make me Laughs!

10:00 PM - Post game analysis

Location: TBD ( in the New Haven or Hartford area)!
As soon as I can find a sports bar that will show the game.
Suggestions MORE than welcome!


Next Meeting

Road Trip!

Sat --November 1st

Nassau County Coliseum

Habs beat up the NYI!!!

montreal 09-14-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan (Post 15436374)
I live in CT, near New Haven and its tough being a Habs fan stuck right in the middle of Boston and NYC. I am also thinking of starting a Northeast USA Habs Fan Club, i used to be a member when I was young and live in western Canada

I live a few minutes from I-95, I pass by it everyday on the way to work. I'm just south of philadelphia so a bit too far. I'm about two hours from NYC.

CTHabsfan 09-14-2008 05:02 PM

Seymour, CT, for now. I'll be moving shortly, however, since I work in New Haven and my wife works in Waterbury, we will stay in New Haven county. We will be in Montreal for the game on November 29.

PuckNomad 09-14-2008 10:46 PM

This thread makes me wish I still lived in the NE! Especially since the Habs don't come anywhere near California this year :cry:

nyhabsfan 09-15-2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 15441315)
I live a few minutes from I-95, I pass by it everyday on the way to work. I'm just south of philadelphia so a bit too far. I'm about two hours from NYC.


A tad far, but hey, if we plan a trip to the Bell Center, we'll be sure to ask you if you want to join in the fun!

There is no reason you can't be one of the founding members of the Habs Fans of New England! :nod:

count =7

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTHabsfan (Post 15445329)
Seymour, CT, for now. I'll be moving shortly, however, since I work in New Haven and my wife works in Waterbury, we will stay in New Haven county. We will be in Montreal for the game on November 29.


Hey CT fan, thanks for checking in.

If you're staying in New Haven county, then you and the Habs fan in Milford are very close to me.

welcome to the fan club! :D

count = 8!

keep it coming boys!

when we go to a game, we'll go "en force"! ;)

VirginiaMtlExpat 09-15-2008 07:29 AM

I just had a job interview near Boston (as well as San Jose). After Japan and Germany, perhaps soon to be USAMontrealExpat.

nyhabsfan 09-15-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat (Post 15450981)
I just had a job interview near Boston (as well as San Jose). After Japan and Germany, perhaps soon to be USAMontrealExpat.

Good luck on your interview. Personally I love California and I would choose San Jose over Boston.

But hey... if you do land up in beantown, we'll count you in.

BobbyShehan 09-15-2008 12:01 PM

I"m closer to 87 but only 12 miles west of NYC in Devils land, right by the marshes of the Meadowlands which is like Disneyland for serial killers. It's a little far but...

montreal 09-15-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan (Post 15450951)
A tad far, but hey, if we plan a trip to the Bell Center, we'll be sure to ask you if you want to join in the fun!

There is no reason you can't be one of the founding members of the Habs Fans of New England! :nod:

count =7

Yea it's about a 9 hour drive Montreal for me but I'll make the treck up there at some point since the last game I was at up there was when they were closing down le fourm so count me in!

alexandre 09-15-2008 12:32 PM

I live in New Hampshire, so Connecticut is a little far for meetings, but I'd be very interested in a trip to LI- I've only been to three NHL buildings but I am always down for seeing more.

nyhabsfan 09-15-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 15452742)
Yea it's about a 9 hour drive Montreal for me but I'll make the treck up there at some point since the last game I was at up there was when they were closing down le fourm so count me in!


Awesome!!!

I was thinking about going to the Saturday and Sunday afternoon games during Superbowl weekend.

Saturday --- Boston
Sunday -- LA Kings

Both are afternoon games so we can get back to the states right after the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandre (Post 15452797)
I live in New Hampshire, so Connecticut is a little far for meetings, but I'd be very interested in a trip to LI- I've only been to three NHL buildings but I am always down for seeing more.


Your in buddy!!!

Count = 9 :yo:

We can almost field two complete lines!! :sarcasm:

nyhabsfan 09-17-2008 12:34 PM

Count = 9 and...
 
That's it .... there are ONLY 9 habs fans in the Northeast, actually 8 + 1 guy who is job interviewing! :shakehead

Now I know it's tough living in Ranger, Bruins and sadly even Islander territory, but come on guys... we need more of you!:help:

WE need to take over a bar somewhere!!! :yo:

fufonzo 09-17-2008 01:41 PM

This thread was too intense to let die. Look at all those exclamation marks and :yo: emoticons!!!

Bump.

:yo:, haha

Ozymandias 09-17-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyhabsfan (Post 15436374)
This DIE HARD Habs fan (since 1975) is looking for fellow fans to watch the team on TV at a sports bar and possible go on a road trip to Montreal to see our team play. Heck if you're not truly insane, my place on a 50 inch HD is even possible.

I went twice last year and had a blast... great food, beautiful women and of course the greatest team on earth!

I live in CT, near New Haven and its tough being a Habs fan stuck right in the middle of Boston and NYC.

If you're interested in watching the team take a run at the cup on this very special year, IM me privately.

I am also thinking of starting a Northeast USA Habs Fan Club, i used to be a member when I was young and live in western Canada.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!! :yo:



Don't invite Habs10Habs...

nyhabsfan 09-18-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandias (Post 15476126)
Don't invite Habs10Habs...


Okay.... I'll bite, why not invite Habs10Habs?

He doesn't use coasters for his beer? :help:

He double dips his potato chip in the dip? :amazed:

He doesn't know when to leave?:shakehead

What man....speak up...:cry:...I have children in the house.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.