HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers fall to 16 in TSN Power Rankings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55136)

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-24-2004 09:21 AM

Flyers fall to 16 in TSN Power Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=73414

swflyers8* 02-24-2004 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles

Rankings, luckily, don't equal standings. Some people say that games in November or December mean nothing but they are meaning alot right now. Having won all those games is keeping us where we are right now.

Hellsempire 02-24-2004 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
Rankings, luckily, don't equal standings. Some people say that games in November or December mean nothing but they are meaning alot right now. Having won all those games is keeping us where we are right now.

That is funny for a person who was so into the rankings earlier in the season... :lol: The schedule will get harder now for the Flyers since they had an easy one back in November and December... Where you are right now will not last and you know what is going to happen... Second place finish in the Atlantic Division... :cry: :lol:

swflyers8* 02-24-2004 11:32 AM

Well, look who it is. Did I say that the rankings don't mean anything? Did I discount them at all? No. All I said that is the rankings don't equal the standings. The Flyers deserve to be there with the way they have been playing recently. So, smart guy, I'm not saying they are wrong. I'm just saying that they don't equal the standings.

Quote:

Where you are right now will not last and you know what is going to happen... Second place finish in the Atlantic Division
Do you think you could come up with something new? How long have you been saying this? A few MONTHS now that your Devils would be 1st in the Atlantic. Have they been in first at all this season? Uh, no they haven't. Who has been in first all season, through a slump and several injuries? That would be the Flyers. You have had all season to catch up but the Devils just can't seem to get it done. Not a good sign when the playoffs aren't far off. You are going to need more than 1 or 2 people to score for the Devils if you actually plan on winning any games. Ties don't fly in the playoffs.

:teach:

tytech 02-24-2004 02:16 PM

We have the same amount of ties and they have had key injuries to Langenbrunner and Stevens as well. -no need to be hostile- ;)

Hellsempire 02-24-2004 02:21 PM

We shall see who will be choking and who will be winning the Division... It will be the same BS for the Flyers and you know that... It has been happening for 30 years now... It is just a matter of time before the Flyers will fall to second... Have you ever heard of the word "Possum", :teach: well that is what the Devils have been playing all season and come March you will see that the Possum is over and will win the division... ;) It has happened before in the past and it will happen again... Don't ever underestimate a heart of a Champion because it is sure not the Cryers... :cry:

Brad* 02-24-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellsempire
Have you ever heard of the word "Possum", :teach: well that is what the Devils have been playing all season

You're kidding, right?

Hellsempire 02-24-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
You're kidding, right?

Not at all and you will find out real soon when you will be looking up in the standings... ;) They have done it in the past and this is another... -trollish remarks-

adurn 02-24-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Injuries is part of the game and all teams has had them... Stevens, Langenbrunner, Berglund, White, Marshall, Schwab and Stevenson have all been injured...

Yes they are, but comparing the Devils' injuries to the ones the Flyers have suffered? Stevens and Langenbrunner I can see, but the rest aren't exactly the core of the team. Berglund had 5 points in 23 games, White is your equivalent to Therian, Marshall isn't a key to the team's success, Schwab has played 2 games all year, and Stevenson is a fourth liner. Wow, you really were at a disadvantage. Try going without Madden, Elias, Rafalski, Brodeur all at the same time. Yeah I thought so.

MaDTaZ 02-24-2004 02:38 PM

They have been dropping almost everyweek because of the injuries.

New Jersey can just fill holes with people they dont need any skill to play the trap.

Boring hockey

Regards

MaDTaZ

Hellsempire 02-24-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDTaZ
They have been dropping almost everyweek because of the injuries.

New Jersey can just fill holes with people they dont need any skill to play the trap.

Boring hockey

Regards

MaDTaZ

I'll take the boring hockey and the 3 Stanley Cups. Thanks... :lol: So boring that they make the playoffs every year and make the third to fourth rounds in the last several seasons...Unlike the Flyers... :cry: -no need to butcher the name of a team to annoy its fans-

And a little bit of history here, the Montreal Canadiens played and invented the Trap and played the trap back in the 60's and 70's and won many many Cups so I think the Trap wins Cups... Lemaire was on those Stanley Cup teams for the Canadiens and he learned the trap and perfected it into the Devils.. Defense wins Cups, not offense... :teach:

Enough said...

swflyers8* 02-24-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

We shall see who will be choking and who will be winning the Division... It will be the same BS for the Flyers and you know that... It has been happening for 30 years now... It is just a matter of time before the Flyers will fall to second... Have you ever heard of the word "Possum", well that is what the Devils have been playing all season and come March you will see that the Possum is over and will win the division... It has happened before in the past and it will happen again... Don't ever underestimate a heart of a Champion because it is sure not the Cryers
I've heard of the word "possum." In the dictionary, it has a picture of you next to it. The Devils have been playing possum all season, is that how you are explaining this away? The Devils have been playing offensively challenged hockey all season. Even we beat you guys with a rookie goalie of all things. It has happened but it isn't this year. I would never underestimate the heart of a champion, however, your champion is out with post-concussion syndrome.

Quote:

Not at all and you will find out real soon when you will be looking up in the standings..
Wow, by one spot. Ottawa is #1. That's all. Devils are #2 in the Atlantic and sixth overall. The Devils will stay at #2 and will continue to be treated like "#2" by the Flyers and their fans for the forseeable future.

I would advise to leave this board and go back to your own board. I realize that there is hardly any people at the board (I'm not surprised by this, just staying true to the fact that Devils have a small fanbase) but that's your problem. So leave or else.

Quote:

I'll take the boring hockey and the 3 Stanley Cups. Thanks...
Good, take it and leave.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-24-2004 02:59 PM

Possum??? Moron??? Why not stay on your own board if you don't have anything intelligent to say. Nice to see with all of our bickering between Flyers fans that there are still some idiots that cheer for other teams out there. Gonna be even more fun when the NHL takes the puck out of your best offensive players hands...your goalie :joker:

DutchLeafsfan 02-24-2004 03:00 PM

If everybody could try and get along a little better it would be much appreciated...

As for the rankings, those on TSN have been a joke all year. Leafs were only 8th or so when they were the hottest team in the NHL. The week before the All Star break the Leafs defeated the Senators twice in six days, as well as losing to the Hawks. The clown who makes these rankings managed to place the Sens above the Leafs because of this loss, even though the Sens were riding a 3 game losing streaks themselves and these rankings are supposedly a judgement of the playing of the teams relative to each other. Moreover, it appears that teams actually drop in the rankings if they sustain a certain level of play despite having a host of injuries. Just don't take them seriously, after all the NHL standings are what matters at the end of the regular season, not the powerrankings by some contributor to the TSN site who is clueless...

swflyers8* 02-24-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Gonna be even more fun when the NHL takes the puck out of your best offensive players hands...your goalie :joker:
:lol: :lol: I almost died laughing after reading that. It's too bad he can't be a forward for them. He might actually score. :yo:

FearTheFlyers 02-24-2004 03:46 PM

There's all the proof I need that Montreal, Calgary, Minnestoa and New York are better than Philly.

Flyman 02-24-2004 04:00 PM

I saw those rankings yesterday, and I was disgusted...How a guy like this Scott Cullen can be so stupid?? His rankings are a pure joke since the beginning of the year.
I am sickened to see that he is paid to write so many bullsh!t...

Gert B Frobe 02-24-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

We shall see who will be choking and who will be winning the Division... It will be the same BS for the Flyers and you know that... It has been happening for 30 years now... It is just a matter of time before the Flyers will fall to second... Have you ever heard of the word "Possum", :teach: well that is what the Devils have been playing all season and come March you will see that the Possum is over and will win the division... ;) It has happened before in the past and it will happen again... Don't ever underestimate a heart of a Champion because it is sure not the Cryers... :cry:

The Devils will go nowhere without Stevens. And Brodeur isn't going to get any better- just older and older. Yes - it is the beginning of the end for the Devils. Soon that building will be completely empty and hopefully the franchise will move to Canada somewhere. Then you can root for the Rangers or Islanders on one of those boards. Pick one- nobody here gives a ****.

Flyers26 02-24-2004 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineers

The Devils will go nowhere without Stevens. And Brodeur isn't going to get any better- just older and older. Yes - it is the beginning of the end for the Devils. Soon that building will be completely empty and hopefully the franchise will move to Canada somewhere. Then you can root for the Rangers or Islanders on one of those boards. Pick one- nobody here gives a ****.

Don't give the troll the satisfaction of getting under your skin.
These polls are meaningless.