HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My prediction on Ovechkin: expect a slow season for him (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551431)

Siberian 09-14-2008 12:40 AM

My prediction on Ovechkin: expect a slow season for him

Based on the first three seasons in the NHL it is very important for Ovechkin to work a lot during the off-season. Before his rookie season he worked hard and it paid off. Following summer (2006) he was partying a lot in Moscow, apeared on many TV shows and as a result the season was somewhat slower than expected. Summer of 2007 he worked the hardest of all, and again, it paid off big time, he had a great season!!!

Summer of 2008 is basically repeat of summer 2006 but times two. He is just partying a lot, apearing on TV all the time, buddies, friends, he even decided to star in a music video clip.

I just want to warn you ahead of the season - Ovechkin might have the worst season in his NHL career this year. On a good side, he is dating a new girl, here is a video from her BD party http://www.russia.ru/geroi/lopireva/?612

strungout 09-14-2008 12:42 AM

:whatever:

Plato 09-14-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 15440113)
:whatever:

Seriously

vwg* 09-14-2008 01:05 AM

He still don't got **** on Eddie Belfour!

nautikal 09-14-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

After watching Ovechkin for about 45 minutes, it was obvious that he worked hard on his conditioning over the summer. After talking to him, I got the impression that he worked on his English a bit, too.

About his conditioning, he said: "I worked hard. Everything is the same as last year, but with some new stuff. I worked with [prospect Viktor Dovgan, who comes today. I feel pretty good."
Mmmmkay

The Viking Fury 09-14-2008 10:50 AM

http://i38.tinypic.com/2dvu889.jpg

third man in 09-14-2008 11:42 AM

1) All reports here have him in the best shape of his life.

2) He's in Boudreau's system for a full season.

3) He should be playing with Backstrom (ie. first line center) for a full season.

wildone26* 09-14-2008 11:50 AM

I dont see this. I think he will be pumped up at the prospect of defending his individual awards with potentialy Crosby healthy a full season. Even more then that he will pumped up with how the Capitals did last year, and the potential they show for this year, and this will spur him out of the gates quickly to want to perform and produce.

Foy 09-14-2008 11:57 AM

Is this a how-to guide on how to get on ignore lists?

BamaCapsFan 09-14-2008 12:07 PM

Your accusations are so laughable I don't even feel the need to refute them.

Siberian 09-14-2008 12:17 PM

Sorry, I didn't want to make anyone upset or anything, I just wanted to share what Oveckin was doing during summer. First there were prolonged WC celebrations in Moscow, then it went on into partying hard mode. TV shows, women, all kinds of events - I have a big problem believing that he is in the best shape of his life.

The Viking Fury 09-14-2008 12:36 PM

Well for one thing... all that running around in oversized waiter costumes and being a wolf attacking bunnies should have burned a lot of the booze off. :sarcasm:

EroCaps 09-14-2008 01:17 PM

Is this Mamma Semin?

Roccoman 09-14-2008 01:56 PM

My Prediction for Siberian: expect a cold reception here! :sarcasm:

while he lives like a rock star in his native land in the offseason, by all accounts he has been working hard before training camp to get in shape and local reporters say he is in excellent shape right now.

PSUhockey34 09-14-2008 02:54 PM

after showing up to camp out of shape in his second season, I don't think he'll be doing that again

once again he set the bar pretty high after last season so of course people are going to say he slumps if he fails to hit 60 goals or doesn't win any individual awards

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar 09-14-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian (Post 15442536)
Sorry, I didn't want to make anyone upset or anything, I just wanted to share what Oveckin was doing during summer. First there were prolonged WC celebrations in Moscow, then it went on into partying hard mode. TV shows, women, all kinds of events - I have a big problem believing that he is in the best shape of his life.

There are 24 hours in a day, just cause he goes on a tv show doesnt mean he didnt do anything else that day.

Strikeman 09-14-2008 09:24 PM

Ok Nostradamus, got any more predictions for us? I dont see how you can equate and previous off-season to this current one. There are totally different circumstances. The summer of 2006 he wasnt coming off the best season of his career and a strong finish to a season. I would imagine, Having had a taste of what this team can accomplish would make him even more determined to bring the team to the next level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian (Post 15440097)
Based on the first three seasons in the NHL it is very important for Ovechkin to work a lot during the off-season. Before his rookie season he worked hard and it paid off. Following summer (2006) he was partying a lot in Moscow, apeared on many TV shows and as a result the season was somewhat slower than expected. Summer of 2007 he worked the hardest of all, and again, it paid off big time, he had a great season!!!

Summer of 2008 is basically repeat of summer 2006 but times two. He is just partying a lot, apearing on TV all the time, buddies, friends, he even decided to star in a music video clip.

I just want to warn you ahead of the season - Ovechkin might have the worst season in his NHL career this year. On a good side, he is dating a new girl, here is a video from her BD party http://www.russia.ru/geroi/lopireva/?612

kmart 09-15-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal (Post 15440398)

thx, the is an information about semin, he is still in russia, that means he hasnt train or spend the time at all with the caps, so i am more worried about semin.

alexovetjkin 09-15-2008 11:09 AM

His personal trainer Kapitonov said in August that Ovechkin was in much better shape this year than last year.

Ovechkin was running cross country races with Dynamo in Novogorsk in August and those Russian cross country races are famous, one Russian hockey player died during the race this year, in total three Russian hockey players died in the last 10 years running cross country.

frasnap 09-15-2008 11:20 AM

My prediction: this poster will be eating his shoe at the end of the year.

Ovey may have off years, but I'd be extremely surprised if this was one of them.

Jasper17 09-15-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexovetjkin (Post 15452087)
His personal trainer Kapitonov said in August that Ovechkin was in much better shape this year than last year.

Ovechkin was running cross country races with Dynamo in Novogorsk in August and those Russian cross country races are famous, one Russian hockey player died during the race this year, in total three Russian hockey players died in the last 10 years running cross country.

Hmm, lets not risk death to stay in shape.

I personally have no problem with players coming into camp a little out of shape. That is one of the things camp is for, getting players into game shape.

There is a long list of players who find it more difficult their 2nd years in the NHL than they did their 1st. Its part of the growing process.

BTD5504 09-15-2008 01:33 PM

yea im gonna go with the general consensus on this board and say the OP is not going to be saying the same thing by the end of the year.

Drake1588 09-15-2008 01:34 PM

Washington Times
POSTED September 15 2008 2:06 PM
BY Corey Masisak

Link

Alex Ovechkin spoke to the media for a few minutes after skating with the rookies. Not a lot of new to report there, other than he said he's at the same weight he was before last season.

That would be the one in which he notched 65 goals, 112 points, and took home the Hart, Art Ross, Richard, Pearson and a division title.

Jasper17 09-15-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake1588 (Post 15453397)
Washington Times
POSTED September 15 2008 2:06 PM
BY Corey Masisak

Link

Alex Ovechkin spoke to the media for a few minutes after skating with the rookies. Not a lot of new to report there, other than he said he's at the same weight he was before last season.

That would be the one in which he notched 65 goals, 112 points, and took home the Hart, Art Ross, Richard, Pearson and a division title.

Yea, but his a$$ looked huge. :sarcasm:

Drake1588 09-15-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper17 (Post 15453946)
Yea, but his a$$ looked huge. :sarcasm:

What a slacker!

Anyway, everyone knows that it builds muscle tone. I'd be more worried if a 22-year old sports icon wasn't playing the field in the offseason. In the end, it's why any red-blooded kid goes into sports in the first place.