HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van/PHI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551663)

Tact 09-14-2008 10:23 PM

Van/PHI

To Vancouver: Scott Hartnell
To Philadelphia: Kevin Bieksa

Vancouver needs another young, big and versatile top six forward for the second line and Philadelphia needs another tough, young, puck moving defencemen.

Both are pretty much the same age and are both locked up long term.

Fair value? Good trade for both teams?

Peter Griffin 09-14-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tact (Post 15449192)
To Vancouver: Scott Hartnell
To Philadelphia: Kevin Bieksa

Vancouver needs another young, big and versatile top six forward for the second line and Philadelphia needs another tough, young, puck moving defencemen.

Both are pretty much the same age and are both locked up long term.

Fair value? Good trade for both teams?

I think that's pretty good value. I'd probably make it as Hartnell would be a solid addition to the 2nd line and provide some much needed grit, size and scoring. Although Hartnell is a pretty streaky player.

Luongo2008* 09-14-2008 10:29 PM

Well i would accept this one cause canucks do need a forward

Payaso619* 09-14-2008 10:32 PM

I'd rather hold onto Bieksa for now and see how he progresses throughout this season. Maybe we can quiet down a lot of peoples opinions about how he's not worth a top 6 center?

Chomsky 09-14-2008 10:33 PM

jeez, do the Nucks really want a top 6 that bad? Cuz Hartnell is a really borderline top 6... and that's a solid asset to give in return for a *********. :laugh:

Tact 09-14-2008 10:46 PM

How is Scott Hartnell a boderline top six forward? He has scored 22-25 goals for the past 3 seasons while bringing size and a physical presence. He's only 26 years old and has great hockey infront of him.

Chomsky 09-14-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tact (Post 15449481)
How is Scott Hartnell a borderline top six forward? He has scored 22-25 goals for the past 3 seasons while bringing size and a physical presence. He's only 26 years old and has great hockey infront of him.

Playing with talented players and on talented teams does that to you, hell Streit should be a 2nd liner, he scored 60 pts+!! :sarcasm:

Bottom line, he'd be a top 6 on certain yes, but not most. Thus the expression, borderline top six forward.

ELab2 09-15-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomsky (Post 15449596)
Playing with talented players and on talented teams does that to you, hell Streit should be a 2nd liner, he scored 60 pts+!! :sarcasm:

Bottom line, he'd be a top 6 on certain yes, but not most. Thus the expression, borderline top six forward.

he's a top-6 on almost every team in the league. He had 24 goals after having a AWFUL time adjusting to a new team (aka SUCKING). He's a very good forward and he brings a lot besides the goals.

I'm still a bit concerned about Bieksa being the real deal, but I would probably pull the trigger.