HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New York Rangers 08-09 Preview-Tribute (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551736)

FromTheSide 09-15-2008 09:20 AM

New York Rangers 08-09 Preview-Tribute

The Season is fast approaching pre-season is less than a week away,to get everyone pumped here's some entertainment.

My new york rangers tribute/preview for the 08-09 season.

Song : Light up the sky - Yellowcard
Narration : Tom Renney.

Announcers : Sam , joe, JD , Doc.

Players Included
Scott Gomez
Markus Naslund
Nikolai Zherdev
Wade Redden
Fedor Tyutin
Dan Girardi
Michael Rozsival
Colton Orr
Sean Avery
Ryan Hollweg
Petr Prucha
Paul Mara
Ryan Callahan
Nigel Dawes
Henrik Lundqvist

New York Rangers Tribute-Preview 08-09

MrEctions 09-15-2008 09:49 AM

not bad, very blurry though. If its a first try then awesome, otherwise I would suggest, as others have done to my videos, using Sony Vegas and taking out the scoreboards etc. Really helps the look of the video. Also, and please dont take this as negativity, be more original. As in dont use others videos to make yours. Using parts of others videos is ok, but not a whole Rangers MSG vid etc. Please dont take this as being harsh, I mean no ill will. Just simply trying to offer up some constructive criticism.

As a basis for your work, I offer up one of Infernos great vids for you to maybe learn from.

NYR Viper 09-15-2008 11:11 AM

nice vid!!

this one makes me anxious for inferno's yearly vid.....(cue inferno saying it is on the way:sarcasm:)

MrEctions 09-15-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 15452106)
nice vid!!

this one makes me anxious for inferno's yearly vid.....(cue inferno saying it is on the way:sarcasm:)

You and me both, I have been working on one as well, just havent had the time to finish it up. hopefully soon though

RGY 09-15-2008 12:24 PM

seeing those videos really makes me wish Jagr was still here to play with the additions we made...zherdev on one line and then Jagr on the next would have been devastating but hey the team right now could still be on that level, we're just gona have to see how everything works out

Inferno 09-15-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 15452106)
nice vid!!

i have an idea for a song, and a theme to the vid, but i havent even started getting the clips for it yet. I'll likely start later this week though. :D

Inferno 09-15-2008 01:16 PM

regarding the OP's video, its a really good start, there is some good advice given in the thread, but one of the things i have been trying to do with my vids, especially as of late, is to pick songs that have a particular "feel", and then match the vids to that feel. so that what you are seeing on screen matches how the music makes you feel. take the sean avery video i made for example:

when the music gets a little "weird" at a few parts, i have Averys strange bank in off the boards goal, and his brodeur screen, when it gets harder, i have some fights, etc.

or you can look at this one:

when he says face to face, i have the jannsen/lundqvist argument basically playing face to face, or when he says "stand up" i have the whole garden standing up, or lundqvist standing up after making a save.

just small stuff like that helps the music and the video fit together a little tighter. it takes time to find the vids you want but it helps. sometimes ill choose the song based on what vids i have, and other times i will choose the vids based on what song i want. it depends on how you want to work. don't rush it. my first video, here:

took me all of an hour to do, including compiling the videos, and it clearly shows. this video needs a lot of work to get to where i would have hoped it would have ended up at.

The avery video took me well over a week of playing around with things.

hope this helps!

FromTheSide 09-15-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psykedout66 (Post 15451537)
not bad, very blurry though. If its a first try then awesome, otherwise I would suggest, as others have done to my videos, using Sony Vegas and taking out the scoreboards etc. Really helps the look of the video. Also, and please dont take this as negativity, be more original. As in dont use others videos to make yours. Using parts of others videos is ok, but not a whole Rangers MSG vid etc. Please dont take this as being harsh, I mean no ill will. Just simply trying to offer up some constructive criticism.

As a basis for your work, I offer up one of Infernos great vids for you to maybe learn from.

It's not really that bad if the scoreboard is shown or not, the reason its blurry is not because how i made its how youtube made the quality HORRIBLE anytime you upload something there.

and 1 last thing , you gotta work with whatever you can get right?
can't expect to put in a bunch of "decent goals" and expect it to looks fantastic :)

MrEctions 09-15-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger (Post 15454964)
It's not really that bad if the scoreboard is shown or not, the reason its blurry is not because how i made its how youtube made the quality HORRIBLE anytime you upload something there.

and 1 last thing , you gotta work with whatever you can get right?
can't expect to put in a bunch of "decent goals" and expect it to looks fantastic :)

I understand about the youtube upload bringing the quality down. Personally from previous videos I made, many many people prefer not to have the "ticker" or "scoreboard" shown during the video, but its personal preference I guess.

FromTheSide 09-15-2008 05:22 PM

I honestly thought more people would comment by now.

looks like some ppl went over and watched the shanny vid aswell ,hit over 1000 views today!

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD 09-16-2008 01:50 AM

Cool vid...Immortal.

I too can't wait for Inferno's vid for the season preview.

All of these videos make me proud to be a Ranger fan and they get me so excited for the upcoming year!!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

-Brian

FromTheSide 09-16-2008 03:05 AM

some kid said "mine is better" and for that he rated it a 1 or something, thats pretty sad if you ask me.

Loffen 09-16-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger (Post 15460702)
some kid said "mine is better" and for that he rated it a 1 or something, thats pretty sad if you ask me.

What do you expect it's YouTube... 90% of the users are either kids or retards! ;)

But great video. :) Watched your Shanny vid as well. Nice.

Inferno 09-20-2008 01:06 PM

hmm, hey loffen, immortal ranger, anyone else who makes vids, are the usual means for recording the vids off of nhl.com working for you guys? i usually use replay media catcher, and its not been working this time. its quite strange. what do you guys use?

FromTheSide 09-20-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 15505762)
hmm, hey loffen, immortal ranger, anyone else who makes vids, are the usual means for recording the vids off of nhl.com working for you guys? i usually use replay media catcher, and its not been working this time. its quite strange. what do you guys use?

youtube downloader ,any game on there by "NHL Video" is usually where i get the clips , any program i've tried to use to get clips off nhl.com never worked for me.

Boom Quack 09-20-2008 01:20 PM

i am so ppummmpppd for this season!!!

Inferno 09-20-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger (Post 15505840)
youtube downloader ,any game on there by "NHL Video" is usually where i get the clips , any program i've tried to use to get clips off nhl.com never worked for me.

i dont wanna grab em off of youtube, its not as organized as nhl.com

ive grabbed the vids off of there for all of my vids, cant for the life of me figure out why its not working now.

Loffen 09-20-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 15505762)
I usually use replay media catcher, and its not been working this time. its quite strange. what do you guys use?

http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

^This one hasen't failed on me yet. Just tried it now and it works (on NHL.com)

Some instructions;

My method from scratch;

1. Download and install Orbit.

When installed, run the program and either enable Grab ++ or Grab Pro whitch allows you to download flv files "flash".

Right click on the little icon for activating Grab++
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3056/grabqo9.jpg http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9391/grab2by4.jpg

Or use the Grab Pro option using the Internet Explorer. Easy and very organized. Every separate flash file will show up (for both methods; Grab ++/Grab Pro).

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/434/grabprorq3.jpg

2. Download and install a Flash converter; YouTube Downloader for example.

3. Open the YT Downloader and convert the flv files you have saved.

Inferno 09-20-2008 03:44 PM

thanks bro!

TheSchwab 09-20-2008 04:00 PM

Dawes looking ready for the season to start...

Inferno 09-20-2008 07:02 PM

btw, FYI, neither myself, nor Loffen have been able to get the older clips. it appears nhl.com has done something, im not sure what, to disable the ability for us to get those clips.

if i cant get the clips, i cant make a vid :( if anyone figures it out, please do let me know.

Inferno 09-21-2008 06:46 PM

one last bump, then im giving up.

NYR Viper 09-21-2008 06:47 PM

NOOOO!!!!^^^^^^

we need your video!!

Finest 09-21-2008 08:40 PM

No Inferno season preview vid........ :cry:

MrEctions 09-22-2008 12:32 AM

Same problem, I have been trying to grab videos off of NHL.com, but they did something to prevent it so it would seem...........:rant: