HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   If Lalime struggles tonight.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55187)

eazye 02-24-2004 11:41 AM

If Lalime struggles tonight....

.....and with Prusek injured, do you think we'll get to see Emery on Thursday against the Flyers? While I really hope Lalime gets his act together, I'm excited about Emery's potential!! I would love to see him in a game against an elite team like the Flyers, just to see how he would handle it. I still think that if Lalime struggles in the playoffs, I would rather have Emery go in than Prusek. Prusek still makes me nervous when he's in net (that damn wrap around move gets him everytime, or so it seems). Why not give Emery some playing time just to see where he's at in his development....Hell, he won't play any worse than Lalime. Just my opinion.

...on a side note, how long do you think till Barnaby becomes a Senator. I've seen Officeglen post this numerous times on the board, I think it would be a good idea. It just seems like Muckler is bringing back the guys who took Buffalo to the Stanley Cup Final a couple of years ago (not a bad idea). Remember the 4 horsemen in Buffalo (Barnaby, May, Ray and Boughner (I think it was the Boughner)....maybe Ottawa could have a new 4 horsemen (Barnaby, Ray, Neil and Chara). I like it!!!

Sting 02-24-2004 11:55 AM

I would've rather seen Emery play tonight and Lalime on Thursday. The way it'll go down? Lalime tonight, Lalime thursday. Martin wants him getting a lot of work so he's back in top form. I think it's a good idea myself, but at the same time Emery does need more NHL experience.

Agreed on the Prusek issue...whenever he's in net I think every shot can go in. He doesn't make many spectacular saves and that damn wrap-around!

bert 02-24-2004 12:06 PM

Is Barnaby better than Bondra, Bonk, Hossa, Alfredsson, Schaefer, Fisher, Spezza, Havlat or Smolinsky? Nope he isnt so why would we need him? If we trade Todd White for him then I am for it but otherwise he is of no use to this team. This team lacks two things proven good first string goaltending and a faceoff man.

Sting 02-24-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert
Is Barnaby better than Bondra, Bonk, Hossa, Alfredsson, Schaefer, Fisher, Spezza, Havlat or Smolinsky? Nope he isnt so why would we need him? If we trade Todd White for him then I am for it but otherwise he is of no use to this team. This team lacks two things proven good first string goaltending and a faceoff man.

Agreed...their centres REALLY need to just spend a few days working on faceoffs...I mean it can't hurt and the Sens have let so many goals go in due to a lost faceoff. I also think Varada is better than Barnaby and White is a guy who never gives up and gives full effort every night.