HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Kondratiev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=551911)

vipernsx 09-15-2008 06:52 PM

Kondratiev

I thought we'd never see this guy in the NHL ever again but surprisingly he's at Ranger's camp. For sure the #7 D spot is open and going into camp it looks like it would be between Pock, Kondratiev, Sauer, and maybe Potter.

Does Drat's have a shot with the Rangers? Has anyone seen him play overseas last year? Has he progressed since his last run with the Rangers?

Cherepanisimov 09-15-2008 06:54 PM

id say that fahey gets the #7 spot, as having him there woudlnt ruin his development like it would to potter or sanguinetti.
as for drats, id say that he gets a look too, but some people here really dont like him because he went to russia. ive always liked him though.

malkinfan 09-15-2008 06:57 PM

Im sure he wouldn't leave the KHL season unless there was a good chance at making the team though...

nyr2k2 09-15-2008 07:24 PM

He's not going to come back to play in the AHL, so I would assume he was invited to camp to see if he could crack the NHL roster. Personally, I think he's a solid option for the end of the defense corps, but he does have to compete with a lot of other options-- already in-house-- to take that spot.

shoothepuck 09-16-2008 07:07 AM

He has his pro and cons, but he should be able to compete for the 7th spot. He left the KHL for a reason, and maybe he matured enough to make it in the NHL this time.

Celestial Black 09-16-2008 07:59 AM

I'd be fine with him getting the 7th spot as long as he does well at camp.

HockeyBasedNYC 09-16-2008 08:10 AM

He has a shot at the #7 spot for sure. (say that 10 times fast)

Ton of competition in this years camp, and thats by design - no doubt about it.

Bluenote13 09-16-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 15461265)
He has a shot at the #7 spot for sure. (say that 10 times fast)

Ton of competition in this years camp, and thats by design - no doubt about it.

Exactly, I love it.

Block More Shots 09-16-2008 11:03 AM

I'm glad he's here, makes for more options to consider on defense. :handclap:

Nich 09-16-2008 11:05 AM

7th d man...book it...

SupersonicMonkey* 09-16-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 15462558)
7th d man...book it...

Booked.

Agreed.

I think his only real competition is Pock. And i guess it just boils down to Renney's preference.

Potter needs to play, so Hartford is where he will be.

Vitto79 09-16-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 15464136)
Booked.

Agreed.

I think his only real competition is Pock. And i guess it just boils down to Renney's preference.

I think so too............it's him or Pock...............

BUT Pock will got to the AHL..........

vipernsx 09-16-2008 04:19 PM

If he's shown development with his defensive smarts, then he's a shoe-in over Pock. I like Pock's passing and offensive abilities but defensemen need to be able to play defense first. They're not much of an assest if they're a huge liability in their own zone, unless, of course, if they're an offensive powerhouse. Pock is a top teir carear minor leaguer. Hopefully he'll sign with the wolfpack next year.

Radek27 09-16-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 15464136)
Booked.

Agreed.

Isn't Potter going to be 25 years old this year going on 26? I don't see how sending him down the the Pack again for a whole season just to give him ice time is going to help him. He played 4 years at college serving as captain, went to the E and played well then went to the AHL and played well. What else does this guy have to show to get a shot on this team? He should be considered wayy before that turd Max. Here is a kid that has worked hard at every level since being drafted to make it to the Rangers. Let not make a Bryce Lampman outa him.

And Thomas Pock, oh Thomas Pock. I wish you put Max through the god damn boards and help him pack for his trip back to russia. Also isn't Denisov also 25 years old? Why isn't he being talked about for a shot in the top 7?

So the real playing field for the 7th dman spot is between; Pock, Drats, Potter, Denisov, Sanguinetti, and Fahey.

Radek27 09-16-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipernsx (Post 15466366)
If he's shown development with his defensive smarts, then he's a shoe-in over Pock. I like Pock's passing and offensive abilities but defensemen need to be able to play defense first. They're not much of an assest if they're a huge liability in their own zone, unless, of course, if they're an offensive powerhouse. Pock is a top teir carear minor leaguer. Hopefully he'll sign with the wolfpack next year.

I love it when players are labeled like this. The only reason Pock has been a career minor league player is because of the franchise he plays on. Put him on Boston, LA, or another team and he is in the NHL for sure. For a team that was DESPERATE for a PP QB last year and not give this guy a shot I think it's stupid. The only thing I can think of is that if we called him up last year wouldn't he have had to go through waivers? I would assume that is the main reason he didn't get called up. It def wasn't due to bad play, his stats in the AHL were nice.

squishy 09-16-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 15467103)
I love it when players are labeled like this. The only reason Pock has been a career minor league player is because of the franchise he plays on. Put him on Boston, LA, or another team and he is in the NHL for sure. For a team that was DESPERATE for a PP QB last year and not give this guy a shot I think it's stupid. The only thing I can think of is that if we called him up last year wouldn't he have had to go through waivers? I would assume that is the main reason he didn't get called up. It def wasn't due to bad play, his stats in the AHL were nice.

His offensive stats maybe. But they're padded by the fact that half the time he played as a winger rather than defenseman. And he's done that because he's a liability in his own zone defensively.