HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Does anyone think that Kristo will bbe a good player? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=552209)

BulldogFever 09-16-2008 06:55 PM

Does anyone think that Kristo will bbe a good player?

I would've loved to see the habs pick Greg Nemisz but without that pick, no Tanguay. THN ranked Robbie Czarnik, A.J. Jenks and David Toews higher and Josh Brittain looks like a tough kid with some skill. What do you guys think?

Mustafa* 09-16-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulldogFever (Post 15467973)
I would've loved to see the habs pick Greg Nemisz but without that pick, no Tanguay. THN ranked Robbie Czarnik, A.J. Jenks and David Toews higher and Josh Brittain looks like a tough kid with some skill. What do you guys think?

i would be surprise if he doesn't become a NHL player, for what i know - wich is not much - .

Joey 09-16-2008 07:58 PM

I loved watching him play in the little clips we had. Speedster, great passing, what a slick player

Freaky Habs Fan 09-16-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey (Post 15468540)
I loved watching him play in the little clips we had. Speedster, great passing, what a slick player

That clip was amazing! He's far from the NHL, but that's alright. One thing is for sure, he DO have the potential to become an exciting player to watch! And forget about Josh Brittain...in a few years, you'll be glad we did not drafted him.

And for what it's worth, Jean Perron was at the Bell Center yesterday, and he said that Kristo is the one that impressed him the most out of everyone at the prospect camp, including Pacioretty!

Scotianhab 09-16-2008 08:42 PM

We'll see how he plays this year and then how he makes the jump to the NCAA next year. In the few clips I've saw I've really liked his speed and quickness and definitely think he has potential to be a player for us down the road.

Whitesnake 09-16-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 15469006)
That clip was amazing! He's far from the NHL, but that's alright. One thing is for sure, he DO have the potential to become an exciting player to watch! And forget about Josh Brittain...in a few years, you'll be glad we did not drafted him.

And for what it's worth, Jean Perron was at the Bell Center yesterday, and he said that Kristo is the one that impressed him the most out of everyone at the prospect camp, including Pacioretty!

Which clip are we talking about here?

Freaky Habs Fan 09-16-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15469249)
Which clip are we talking about here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq3421PH0Eg

Enjoy!

Whitesnake 09-16-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 15469345)

Thanks. I knew that vid. I thought there was another one.

Louis Houde 09-16-2008 09:42 PM

Rated 122nd by Redline report.
Special note about Kristo : " It's always 'me' 'me 'me' , 'I' 'I' 'I' with him.

Iwishihadacup 09-16-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis Houde (Post 15470082)

whaddya mean?

Whitesnake 09-17-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

I don't put a lot of emphasis on those kinds of report. In my books, for most, it's just a question of maturity. I always say that a 17th year old or 18th year old kid who oozes maturity, you just pick him and don't ask any question. The others, well you work with them. Some will never improve, most will do.

And then, are those reports right? Who does it come from? From more than one source? And again, even if it's true, personnality can change.

Unless we want to keep that personnality of his in exchange that after the "I", "I", "I", comes "score goals" score goals" score goals"....:D

Blind Gardien 09-17-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Per what Whitesnake said too, I don't find that's a particularly unusual trait for some of these kids who have gone through life as pretty hot items in their own little hockey-playing worlds. (Of course, you have a lot who are surprisingly down-to-earth despite all that too).

Blades 0f Steel 09-17-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Jenks went in the 4th round. Opinions differ greatly between NHL scouts and THN(although I would have liked Jenks in the 3rd)

montreal 09-17-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

I don't know if he will be a good player yet, it's too eary since he's still in High school but from what I've heard of him and how high I've heard Timmins is on him and the little I've seen, I love the pick and while I have yet to see him play a full game, which I will do next month, in the early stages I would say he's one of our top forward prospects behind Pac/Chip/Maxwell. I love his upside based off the little I know but I'll see him a few times this year and once he goes to North Dakota I'll get a better feel for him.

I would assume he's a long term project since we are talking about a kid that has another year of High school left before going off to university next fall, then we'll have to see how he does there and how long he stays. There's no need to rush him, and imo it's pretty hard to go against Timmins picks at this point so I'm sold until I see otherwise.

couz 09-17-2008 05:30 PM

Some people have been going out of their way to coment on how impressive he's been, that's a good sign.

Erika 09-17-2008 07:52 PM

He looks better than Average... again, it's just 1 video, so I can't base my opinion on that... but the guy can definitly skate...

Let's see how he will do this year in the NCAA...

montreal 09-17-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn (Post 15479968)
He looks better than Average... again, it's just 1 video, so I can't base my opinion on that... but the guy can definitly skate...

Let's see how he will do this year in the NCAA...

He's going to the USHL this year, he's not finished High School yet, so he has 1 year of High School but will play in the USHL and then the next year he'll go to the NCAA to play in the WCHA for North Dakota

couz 09-17-2008 08:48 PM

This kid seems ahead of the curve...

Kriss E 09-17-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

He's got talent, but boy does he need to pack on some weight.
The kid has time anyways..

Watsatheo 09-17-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

I thought it was going to be game highlights or something, but it was link to a video I uploaded. Go figure. ;)
That said I don't think I watch that closely before. He seems to want the puck a lot, not afraid to go to the net, and a bit feisty, and of course a great skater.

montreal 09-17-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know where does that Habstv clip come from? It's the first time I've seen it, the Habs draft day all access clip, that was cool, I'd love to see more things like that.

Beakermania* 09-18-2008 12:16 AM

He's a Trevor Timmins pick.... no reason to doubt Timmins right now IMO.

You can make yourself look awful foolish in 2-3 years by dissing on Timmins picks too early.

Look for the Carey Price Draft Day thread to see what I mean.

Blades 0f Steel 09-18-2008 05:29 AM

http://www.nhlentrydraft2008.com/pla...kS=61&rankE=90

37th ranked NA prospect, drafted 56th :dunno:

THN is not the prospect gospel, especially lately.

GoneAway 09-18-2008 05:37 AM

I say he'll be at best a third liner...perhaps an Aaron Asham type player

Monctonscout 09-18-2008 06:57 AM

One thing you can't deny about him is his speed, he's a very agile and effortless skater, you can't teach that. He seems to have pretty good hockey sense too. If he is only going NCAA in 09-10 then he is probably a more long term "project" type like Fischer and Misanen.