HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Audette earning his keep in Florida! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55279)

Habs 02-24-2004 04:44 PM

Audette earning his keep in Florida!

:D

--------------------------------------
SUNRISE, Fla. (CP) -- Veteran winger Donald Audette has been a healthy scratch for three consecutive game with the Florida Panthers.

"He wants to play, of course, but we're getting points with this lineup right now, and he just has to wait for his chance and work hard for the hockey team," coach John Torchetti told the (Fort Lauderdale) Sun-Sentinel.

"For the (scoring) role that he's going to play, I like the way the top three lines are going and the fourth line is our grinding line.

"For his role, I don't see him taking that on the fourth line."

Audette, bought out by Montreal earlier this season, has only two goals and two assists in 15 games since joining the Panthers.

-----------------------

Team_Spirit 02-24-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Audette is with the panthers? Oh my god

Bondra = Ottawa
Jagr = New York R
Sean Burke = Philly
Mike Comrie = Phoenix
Eric Chouinard = Minessota

Tuggy 02-24-2004 06:02 PM

Audette is the MAN!!!!!

Marc the Habs Fan 02-24-2004 07:47 PM

but I thought they were gonna let him express himself like we never gave him the chance to do here?

Oh wait, they did! and he layed a big fat giant egg!

:joker: :joker: :joker:

electric 02-24-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Bondra = Ottawa
Jagr = New York R
Sean Burke = Philly
Mike Comrie = Phoenix
Eric Chouinard = Minessota

Patrick Roy = Colorado :eek:

BLONG7 02-24-2004 08:45 PM

Claudette continues his streak of futility!

Carbonneau 02-24-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electric
Patrick Roy = Colorado :eek:

retired

Duster 02-24-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
but I thought they were gonna let him express himself like we never gave him the chance to do here?

He's still laughing all the way to the bank...

obcd1 02-24-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan

mmmmmmmmm giant egg, I could do a giant omelette with this
mmmmmmmmm

The Power Forward 02-24-2004 10:59 PM

I think that Donald should seriously consider to retire.I wished him luck and i had small hopes that he may get his career back on track with the Panthers but it look like it's not the case at all.When you get healthy scratched for 3 consecutive games with a team like Florida , i think that it mean a lot and that he should understand the message that he is not the player that he once was.Kinda sad to a certain point but it's the reality and Donald will have to accept it sooner or later.

EaGLE1 02-24-2004 11:12 PM

I never liked the guy much. He's a pest around the net and that's about it. He was more suit for early '90 hockey. Now with the trap and him getting old, it's tough. At least Florida didn't pay 3 millions for this kind of poor performance. At 300 000$ it's a good bet.

Darz 02-25-2004 09:52 AM

The Audette before the arm injury was a useful player and would of been able to put up his share of points, but Audette since the injury is an AHL at best.

8b 02-25-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
The Audette before the arm injury was a useful player and would of been able to put up his share of points, but Audette since the injury is an AHL at best.

Sad but true... Even without his injury, IMO he was at best a second liner. His career is really near the end.

romain_jaime 02-25-2004 11:10 AM

Donald Audette is one of those players that always had an apeal to him but never really did what was expected no matter what team he played for... he's only had 3 seasons of 70+ games with the most being 77 in 93-94. In the early 90's he was an offensive threat but that was then, this is now. His size just doesn't allow him to produce like he used to: Height 5.08 -- Weight 184

BTW..

NHL Totals
18 NHL season
Games: 722
Goals: 256
Assists: 244
Points/Game: .69 :eek:

Rattrick 02-25-2004 12:48 PM

For the price we paid for Audette, we aren't losing that much. He was a fill in for all the injuries we had and played a few decent games. Most likely, we won't re sign him and will lose next to nothing.

StanleyCH25 02-25-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8b
Sad but true... Even without his injury, IMO he was at best a second liner. His career is really near the end.

When we first traded for Audette, most people were happy with his point production and what he brought to the team. We didn't have much in terms of scorers at the time and he really helped add a good shot on the wing. Before the injury, he had a pretty decent point production (don't know the exact numbers but I'd guess at anywhere between 0.6 to 0.7 ppg) but that injury took out his biggest asset. He had a solid wrist shot but when your wrist is almost severed, you are probably never going to get it back to 100%.

I think Audette really did give it all he had and tried hard to give what he could. The injury just shortened his career since he was unidimensional. I wish him luck and hope that others will too as I'm sure he still has desire for the game but just can't produce at the level required anymore.