HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Scouts question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=553817)

Oligarch55 09-22-2008 04:27 AM

Scouts question

A friend of mine a hockey player. He is 20 years old and he wants to play hockey in North America, AHL or any other league. He was not drafted; hence he was wondering how he can try to get to North America from Europe? What he can do to make scouts see him?

I found this site
www.isshockey.com

Is that what I need? Can I make profile with him on this site, so scouts can see him?

What are the right steps?

Harv 09-22-2008 10:06 AM

If he was that good, they would of already found him years ago.

Is he in Russia?

XweekendwarriorX 09-22-2008 10:50 AM

the best thing to try and do is get an agent pay him his money have him bring him over and get looked at. like the first guy said if he was good he would be scouted years ago.

Fugu 09-22-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harv (Post 15523209)
If he was that good, they would of already found him years ago.

Is he in Russia?

Tell that to Hakan Andersson. ;)

Oligarch55 09-22-2008 03:27 PM

Yes,he plays in Russia.
I don't now why he was not drafted...There are still a lot of good hockey players in Russia who were not drafted.
Who is Hakan Andersson?

PIMking 09-22-2008 04:53 PM

Alot of teams are shying away from Russian players. I would be suprised if Calgary ever drafts another russian player after taratukin. He left because he wasnt handed an NHL job and got more money in Russia. Seems to me that Russian players are more for the money. I also dont think that the Stanley Cup means that much to them.

Heat McManus 09-22-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oligarch55 (Post 15521987)
A friend of mine a hockey player. He is 20 years old and he wants to play hockey in North America, AHL or any other league. He was not drafted; hence he was wondering how he can try to get to North America from Europe? What he can do to make scouts see him?

I found this site
www.isshockey.com

Is that what I need? Can I make profile with him on this site, so scouts can see him?

What are the right steps?

What level does he play at?

Oligarch55 09-22-2008 05:26 PM

Right now he play in farm for one top team in CHL.
Training with major team.

Heat McManus 09-22-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oligarch55 (Post 15528258)
Right now he play in farm for one top team in CHL.
Training with major team.

Kontinental Hockey League?

If he's lucky enough to have some other younger talented kids on the team then a scout or two might see him this year.

Other than that, his best option might be to try and get to the top team where he is. He's most likely 21 at the end of the season so he'll be too old for juniors.

RobertKron 09-23-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos (Post 15530486)
Kontinental Hockey League?

If he's lucky enough to have some other younger talented kids on the team then a scout or two might see him this year.

Other than that, his best option might be to try and get to the top team where he is. He's most likely 21 at the end of the season so he'll be too old for juniors.

It's possible that people have already noticed him, but just assumed that he's not worth the "risk" associated with Russian players lately. I think more than "how do I get scouts to notice me," the question here is probably more along the lines of "how do I let minor league teams know I want to play in their league?"

Maybe he isn't so much wanting to come over to make the NHL, but wants to play pro hockey abroad, like a lot of minor leaguers from North America who head to Europe (granted, money is often an issue, but the opportunity to play in a new country is sometimes enticing, too.).

Heat McManus 09-23-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MW (Post 15537176)
It's possible that people have already noticed him, but just assumed that he's not worth the "risk" associated with Russian players lately. I think more than "how do I get scouts to notice me," the question here is probably more along the lines of "how do I let minor league teams know I want to play in their league?"

Maybe he isn't so much wanting to come over to make the NHL, but wants to play pro hockey abroad, like a lot of minor leaguers from North America who head to Europe (granted, money is often an issue, but the opportunity to play in a new country is sometimes enticing, too.).

GOod points. Most minor leagues are going to pass on Europeans (and a lot of Canadians) unless they are signed on with an NHL team because of the hassle of visas and such.