HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   GDT: GDT--PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Pittsburgh Penguins--7:30 pm EST, Sep. 24/08 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=554197)

mapes 09-23-2008 09:38 AM

GDT--PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Pittsburgh Penguins--7:30 pm EST, Sep. 24/08

Discuss tomorrows game.

What's the lineup look like? Will the Pens play their full lineup (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury)? Will Pogge play again (I could see Toskala playing)?

John-Eric Iannicello 09-23-2008 09:44 AM

I think the Leafs will be icing a more competitive lineup, with some of the guys who were missing the first night to see some icetime.

I'd expect maybe something like this?

Antropov - Grabovski - Ponikarovsky
Kulemin - Steen - Hagman
Mayers - Moore - Newbury
Foster - Stapleton - Williams

Kaberle - Finger
Kubina - Schenn
Frogren - Stralman

Pogge - (Pogge plays full game)
Toskala - (just a bench warmer for now)

Wilson said he would have played Pogge the full game yesturday, but for the fans, he played Joseph. He said he wanted to really get a good look at Pogge.. and also said Toskala wouldn't see action until the end of the exhibition schedule.

I figure he will be giving Schenn all the chances in the world to get a look. I think he said something about seeing how he matchs up against Crosby? And top players like that so I expect to see him in the lineup.

The rest of the lines I constructed were basically what they were using in practise and throwing in some of the bubble players..

mapes 09-23-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho99 (Post 15538560)
I think the Leafs will be icing a more competitive lineup, with some of the guys who were missing the first night to see some icetime.

Kulemin - Steen - Hagman
Mayers - Moore - Newbury

Kaberle - Finger
Kubina - Schenn
Frogren - Stralman

Wilson said he would have played Pogge the full game yesturday, but for the fans, he played Joseph. He said he wanted to really get a good look at Pogge.. and also said Toskala wouldn't see action until the end of the exhibition schedule.

I figure he will be giving Schenn all the chances in the world to get a look. I think he said something about seeing how he matchs up against Crosby? And top players like that so I expect to see him in the lineup.

The rest of the lines I constructed were basically what they were using in practise and throwing in some of the bubble players..

Oh, nice. Probably not on TV, is it? I like the fact we won't play Vesa much because I'd prefer to see Pogge. If Malkin and Crosby play, Pogge will have his toughest matchup yet and see how he looks against those guys. What about Reimer? Isn't he making the jump to the A this year? Should we play him?

I'd really like that Swedish defensive line.. Stralman and Frogren.

Twist and Shout 09-23-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 15538603)
Oh, nice. Probably not on TV, is it?

It will be on TSN last I heard.

John-Eric Iannicello 09-23-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 15538603)
Oh, nice. Probably not on TV, is it? I like the fact we won't play Vesa much because I'd prefer to see Pogge. If Malkin and Crosby play, Pogge will have his toughest matchup yet and see how he looks against those guys. What about Reimer? Isn't he making the jump to the A this year? Should we play him?

I'd really like that Swedish defensive line.. Stralman and Frogren.

Reimer might see a game (half a game), but his name wasn't even brought up.

With Pogge getting a long look, Cujo needing some games and Toskala finishing out the end of the schedule I'm not sure Reimer will get a look. He's apparently getting the backup job in the A but if Ouzas beats him out he could see time in the ECHL.

mapes 09-23-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twist And Shout (Post 15538615)
It will be on TSN last I heard.

Ontario region only or everywheres? That'd be cool :) I miss watching hockey.

mapes 09-23-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho99 (Post 15538657)
Reimer might see a game (half a game), but his name wasn't even brought up.

With Pogge getting a long look, Cujo needing some games and Toskala finishing out the end of the schedule I'm not sure Reimer will get a look. He's apparently getting the backup job in the A but if Ouzas beats him out he could see time in the ECHL.

Oh well, atleast Pogge gets some time. Hopefully he learns a bit from guys like Cujo and dominates this year, like I honestly believe he can.

alienanton* 09-23-2008 11:26 AM

i am PUMPED to see stralman. tim stapleton has also peaked my interest...5'9 160...lets see what he can do.

BlueBaron 09-23-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 15538766)
Oh well, atleast Pogge gets some time. Hopefully he learns a bit from guys like Cujo and dominates this year, like I honestly believe he can.

Word is Cujo has been giving him tips and being something of a mentor for Pogge, a big part of why he was brought in. All in all the Cuju move was one of CF's better ones.

Metallian* 09-23-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 15539585)
Word is Cujo has been giving him tips and being something of a mentor for Pogge, a big part of why he was brought in. All in all the Cuju move was one of CF's better ones.

yeah, we all heard the goaltending tips curtis was able to spit out yesterday when he was miked

"what should you do as a goaltender when a player is sliding in like that?"
"well uh...try to stay strong on your skates"
"but how does one stop from being slid into the net like Enroth there?"
"well, you see...you...try to stay strong on your skates and keep your stick down"

marvelous

EazyB97 09-23-2008 11:48 AM

Cujo's a reactionary goalie who has always been weak positionally. Usually that doesn't make for a good coach/mentor.

Bjindaho 09-23-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 15538750)
Ontario region only or everywheres? That'd be cool :) I miss watching hockey.

National game

Jordan 09-23-2008 11:54 AM

Wilson said yesterday that he's expecting a nearly-full lineup from Pittsburgh.

Bjindaho 09-23-2008 11:59 AM

7:30 EST or 10:30 EST on TSN2...it's quickly becoming my new favorite channel...

Mess 09-23-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho99 (Post 15538560)

Kulemin - Steen - Hagman
Mayers - Moore - Newbury

Kaberle - Finger
Kubina - Schenn
Frogren - Stralman

Wilson said he would have played Pogge the full game yesterday

Wilson said today that neither Toskala nor Kubina will be dressed and that Pogge will get the start and Luke Schenn who the coach thought played well will be in action again.

John-Eric Iannicello 09-23-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mess (Post 15540507)
Wilson said today that neither Toskala nor Kubina will be dressed and that Pogge will get the start and Luke Schenn who the coach thought played well will be in action again.

Ah well it was just a guess on my part lol

So I take it that it's Pogge and Cujo again?

mapes 09-23-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mess (Post 15540507)

Where did you hear this? Will Pogge play 3 periods this time?

John-Eric Iannicello 09-23-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 15540582)
Where did you hear this? Will Pogge play 3 periods this time?

The way Wilson made it sound yesturday, is that he'll be playing his goalies for the full game (which I prefer anyways).

Joey Hoser 09-23-2008 12:58 PM

Is Didomenico still at the camp? Any word on whether or not he's going to get in on a game?

Mess 09-23-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho99 (Post 15540541)
Ah well it was just a guess on my part lol

So I take it that it's Pogge and Cujo again?

Your guess was pretty good I thought. :)

Since the game is in Pittsburgh I would have thought a little younger line-up and few more bubble players or newer Leafs getting more viewing/evaluation time.

We should know by this afternoon the full details of the roster as coach Wilson post the next game line-up right after practice.

Roo 09-23-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Hoser (Post 15540642)
Is Didomenico still at the camp? Any word on whether or not he's going to get in on a game?

I defn want to see him in action. Hopefully he gets a chance.

cupcrazyman 09-23-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Hoser (Post 15540642)

i don't know but i hope Schenn & Pogge play in all the pre-season games.:)

Roo 09-23-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjindaho (Post 15539911)
7:30 EST or 10:30 EST on TSN2...it's quickly becoming my new favorite channel...

TSN2?? When did this happen? and is there an HD version? what channel is it in downtown toronto on rogers?

leaflover 09-23-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcrazyman (Post 15541165)
i don't know but i hope Schenn & Pogge play in all the pre-season games.:)

Well if they keep playing well they might.I think Pogge's performance last night was the driving force behind his being rewarded tonights entire game.Schenn i expect will see action in a few more but with the logjam on D and his expected return to junior it makes sense to try others that aren't as easy to place if they don't make it.

cupcrazyman 09-23-2008 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=Bjindaho;15539911]7:30 EST or 10:30 EST on TSN2...it's quickly becoming my new favorite channel...[/QUOTE

Leafs Games /TV Scedule

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app?s...e=TeamSchedule