HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dandenault NOT on the trading block (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=554355)

gillyguzzler 09-09-2008 12:23 PM

Dandenault?
 
Any chance Dandenault makes the starting roster?

Great skater and nice to have as an emergency defenseman but I can't see him in the top 12 forwards. The fourth line will probable be Laps, BGL and Kosto with Begin as the 13th forward.

Although not Gainey's style, he'll probably have to put him on waivers and hope someone else picks him up.

mtl_felix 09-09-2008 12:25 PM

No chance in hell.
At least I hope so.

JMMR 09-09-2008 12:26 PM

No way, not unless there are 4-5 injuries.
Gainey wants him out but might not want to humiliate him by sending him to Hamilton.

Dandenault is a joke.

marchabsfan 09-09-2008 12:31 PM

he actually has some abilities. but no roster room for the habs..sad for him; he wanted to come here and play...

GoneAway 09-09-2008 12:31 PM

Betcha he gets waived or sent to the minors

Roulin 09-09-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyguzzler (Post 15393048)
Any chance Dandenault makes the starting roster?

I don't believe Dandenault can play in the NHL anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyguzzler (Post 15393048)
The fourth line will probable be Laps, BGL and Kosto with Begin as the 13th forward.

I understand putting BGL in the starting lineup, given his salary. But why Kostopoulos over Begin? The way I see it, Begin is more effective at evens and on the PK. The only advantage Kosto has is as a pugilist, but now we have Big Georges.

Toro 09-09-2008 12:43 PM

He will be traded before the season starts or sitting in the stands. There is no room in the starting lineup for him. He could be involved in a trade that Gainey has in the Works if Sundin doesn't sign with the Habs. or move after Gaineys moves to clear space for the incoming player(s).

He is not completely useless as some like to say, he has great speed, is physical and battles well in the corners. He is an effective checking forward and emergency defenceman if there is a need late in a game during penalty or injury trouble he can be very useful.

I think he can be moved for a low draft pick. His salary and length are acceptable for someone to take a chance on him.

JMMR 09-09-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 15393145)
Betcha he gets waived or sent to the minors

To be sent to the minors both would have to happen. :teach:

YMCMBeaulieu 09-09-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roulin (Post 15393206)

I understand putting BGL in the starting lineup, given his salary. But why Kostopoulos over Begin? The way I see it, Begin is more effective at evens and on the PK. The only advantage Kosto has is as a pugilist, but now we have Big Georges.

The only thing Begin has over TKO is his speed. Kostopoulos is the better of the two in my opinion and he doesn't get injured for half the season nor does he take stupid penalties at the worst possible times.

I was a huge Begin fan before and still love the guy but Kostopoulos is more effective on the 4th line and he's cheaper.

CritZ 09-09-2008 12:57 PM

Would Dandy look good in a Leaf uniform? :sarcasm:

GoneAway 09-09-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 15393256)
To be sent to the minors both would have to happen. :teach:

Erika?


I meant either play in Hamilton or get plucked by another team...


Just because of that comment, Im not hanging out with you next time Im in Montreal

Marksman 09-09-2008 01:12 PM

He wont being on the starting lineup, but I'm positive Gainey will keep him around.

He likes to have veteran depth when we're relatively young team, overall.

marchabsfan 09-09-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman (Post 15393525)
He wont being on the starting lineup, but I'm positive Gainey will keep him around.

He likes to have veteran depth when we're relatively young team, overall.

maybe gainey would want him as an "extra", but from what he said, he doesnt want to be one...

beowulf 09-09-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Drama (Post 15393277)
The only thing Begin has over TKO is his speed. Kostopoulos is the better of the two in my opinion and he doesn't get injured for half the season nor does he take stupid penalties at the worst possible times.

I was a huge Begin fan before and still love the guy but Kostopoulos is more effective on the 4th line and he's cheaper.

Totally agree, Begin's time in Montreal is slowly comming to and end.

Beakermania* 09-09-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roulin (Post 15393206)
I don't believe Dandenault can play in the NHL anymore.



I understand putting BGL in the starting lineup, given his salary. But why Kostopoulos over Begin? The way I see it, Begin is more effective at evens and on the PK. The only advantage Kosto has is as a pugilist, but now we have Big Georges.

More chance Dandenault is out of montreal then he is in our starting roster.

I could see him as the 14th forward at best, if there are no other moves right now.

and
Kosto > Begin

Better hockey sense.... better hands... only thing is he's a little slower.

Whitesnake 09-09-2008 01:42 PM

Prefer Bégin and TKO over Dandenault by a mile or 2....As far as Bégin or TKO, while TKO seems to be more complete, while slower, I like Bégin's enthusiasm and desire, though it doesn't always work, to change the pace of a game with a couple of thunderous bodychecks. Then I prefer his work on the PK and the fact that he just throw himself all over the ice to block shots. But I really really really hate his stupid penalties.....

Honestly, in the end, it could be one or the other on any given nights. A good duo to have as spares and a good duo to have on a 4th line.

WeThreeKings 09-09-2008 02:46 PM

I'm dying for him to no longer be a member of this organization.

GoneAway 09-09-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 15394578)
I'm dying for him to no longer be a member of this organization.

What kind of creature will you conjure up after his departure?

WeThreeKings 09-09-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 15394601)
What kind of creature will you conjure up after his departure?

I'm sure me and Jeffonfire will come up with something.

GoneAway 09-09-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 15394615)
I'm sure me and Jeffonfire will come up with something.

Bouillondresse?

Latendron?

Maxpac 09-09-2008 02:57 PM

there is nochance whatsoever he starts the year as a roster player, if by chance Sundin signs we already have Chipchura,Lappierre, Laraque, Kostopoulos and Bégin as 4th liners, Dandenualt is simply outmatched now, much like Ryder last year

Analyzer 09-09-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 15394635)
Bouillondresse?

Latendron?

Latendron sounds like a dinosaur.

Habsolutely 09-09-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 15394635)
Bouillondresse?

Latendron?

Bouillabesse !

GoneAway 09-09-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 15394726)
Latendron sounds like a dinosaur.

more like a pokemon

JMMR 09-09-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 15393428)
Erika?


I meant either play in Hamilton or get plucked by another team...


Just because of that comment, Im not hanging out with you next time Im in Montreal

Thats fine I was going to give you 4 free tickets to the Bruins game that you wanted. :naughty:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.