HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Line Names (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=554617)

we want cup 09-24-2008 12:35 PM

Line Names
 
anyone thought of any good names for potential lines?

i was thinking that if the naslund - gomez - zherdev sticks together, they'd need a good nickname. "the ZiNG line" came to me, and while that's kinda stupid, it got me wondering. anybody else have any good lines names for current/potential future lines?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-24-2008 12:36 PM

Don't we need lines first?

nyr2k2 09-24-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15554403)
Don't we need lines first?

:laugh:

I think the only one that's fairly certain is the Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev line. Otherwise, yeah, it's up in the air.

I always loved the Fleury-Lindros-York line (as did FLYline, heheh :naughty:) and the Czech Mates with Hlavac-Nedved-Dvorak. HBO was cool too.

we want cup 09-24-2008 12:41 PM

well seeing actual lines in these preseason games just got me thinking is all. we've seen dawes - drury - prucha, naslund - gomez - zherdev, and fritsche - dubinsky - callahan, all of which may stick as lines in the regular season, depending on their success. i also asked about potential future lines that people could think of.

i just love named lines, and i really hope we get one this year...

HockeyBasedNYC 09-24-2008 12:42 PM

Dont forget...!
http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...&pictureid=841

hahah wow i had to bring that one out of retirement...

clmetsfan 09-24-2008 12:52 PM

I love line names, but to me nothing is lamer or more unoriginal than naming a line after an acronym of the names of the players on it.

The Legion of Doom, the French Connection, the Clydesdale line; those are great names. My favorite recent one was Vancouver's Mattress Line a few years ago, when the Sedins played with Jason King (two twins and king).

Fletch 09-24-2008 12:52 PM

I'm thinking..
 
A, B, C and D.

nyr2k2 09-24-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmetsfan (Post 15554607)
I love line names, but to me nothing is lamer or more unoriginal than naming a line after an acronym of the names of the players on it.

The Legion of Doom, the French Connection, the Clydesdale line; those are great names. My favorite recent one was Vancouver's Mattress Line a few years ago, when the Sedins played with Jason King (two twins and king).

HBO seemed all right, since it had Hollywood Hollweg on it. And I really did think FLY Line was pretty good. In general, I would agree though.

DontStepanMe 09-24-2008 12:58 PM

if we have a Drury-Gomez-Naslund line we could call it the Cash, Money line. b/c well that line gets paid alot.:sarcasm:

HockeyBasedNYC 09-24-2008 01:04 PM

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev line.

How about the USA line?

Makes no sense other than they are from USSR, Sweden and Alaska.

Or the OAK line. Ornskoldsvik, Anchorage + Klev. Strong as OAK!!!


Jesus, thats weak. Someone get me a drink.

Blueshirt Brawler 09-24-2008 01:09 PM

How about we play some games, score some goals and win some games before we start naming lines? Lines that have been given names usually have had some success before they are named. Let's see some positives before we start trying to name anything!

ogie 09-24-2008 01:40 PM

i hate the line naming thing so much. it is the kind of thing that sleazy sportswriters come up with to make their horribly written, grammatically sloppy articles have 'pop'.

TomLaidlaw 09-24-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 15554617)
A, B, C and D.


1 2 3 4 ?

That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage!

Cookie for anyone who gets that reference.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-24-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 15555255)
1 2 3 4 ?

That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage!

Cookie for anyone who gets that reference.

And change the combination on my luggage!

TomLaidlaw 09-24-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15555290)
And change the combination on my luggage!

"I bet she gives great helmet"

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-24-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 15555309)
"I bet she gives great helmet"

Dr. Slotnick do your worst.

Bluenote13 09-24-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15555290)
And change the combination on my luggage!

You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-24-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 15555356)
You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!

Go back to the golf course and work on your putts.

WhipNash27 09-24-2008 01:55 PM

Dvorak - Nedved - Hlavac: Czech Mates!
Oh wait...

HockeyBasedNYC 09-24-2008 01:57 PM

Anyone catch Gomez and Naslund talking postgame last night?

Naslund talked about how that line has been "dominating" at times and Gomez in particular didnt seem like his usual self when talking about his linemates. Despite what we saw out there last night, which was flashes of great play mixed in with some disorientation and overpassing, from Gomez's point of view you would have thought they won the game 5-0 with that line scoring all 5. I was really surpsrised by what he said - to paraphrase, he seemed really excited about what that line would bring and how the Rangers fans should be really excited for this year.

I was actually kind of taken aback when I heard it because he never says anything like that, and said nothing of such - not even remotely last year when he was tried out with Jagr.

I still think Zherdev will be better off with Drury as his centerman, but another part of me thinks its still really early and they havent even begun to click yet judging by Gomers comments.

We'll see.

TomLaidlaw 09-24-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 15555358)
Go back to the golf course and work on your putts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 15555356)
You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!


"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend! "

Lion Hound 09-24-2008 02:03 PM

Naslund/Gomez/Zherdev ...So, you got a Swede an Amercian and a Russian.

How bout the United Nations?

Anthony Mauro 09-24-2008 02:19 PM

My gut tells me Zherdev should be with Drury and not with Gomez.

Naslund-Gomez-Dawes
Voros-Drury-Zherdev
Nedved-Dubinsky-Callahan
Fritsche-Betts-Sjostrom
Orr/Jamtin

Don't reallly like Voros on the second line, but its best to not think of the team as having numbered lines.

NYR Viper 09-24-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 15555416)
Anyone catch Gomez and Naslund talking postgame last night?

Naslund talked about how that line has been "dominating" at times and Gomez in particular didnt seem like his usual self when talking about his linemates. Despite what we saw out there last night, which was flashes of great play mixed in with some disorientation and overpassing, from Gomez's point of view you would have thought they won the game 5-0 with that line scoring all 5. I was really surpsrised by what he said - to paraphrase, he seemed really excited about what that line would bring and how the Rangers fans should be really excited for this year.

I was actually kind of taken aback when I heard it because he never says anything like that, and said nothing of such - not even remotely last year when he was tried out with Jagr.

I still think Zherdev will be better off with Drury as his centerman, but another part of me thinks its still really early and they havent even begun to click yet judging by Gomers comments.

We'll see.

are those interviews anywhere to watch?

FutureGM97 09-24-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 15555463)
"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend! "

What is all that?

Her royal highness' matched luggage!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.