HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   what would you give up for Luongo? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55479)

donelikedinner 02-25-2004 09:42 AM

what would you give up for Luongo?

hypothetically of course, what would you give up as gm to get luongo into an orange and black jersey? can you imagine what philly could do with a top 3 goalie in the league?

i would propose to fla: richards, ruzicka, esche and 1st rounder.
phi: luongo

flame away, but remember this is only wishfull thinking on my part. :rolly:

Cuiff 02-25-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
hypothetically of course, what would you give up as gm to get luongo into an orange and black jersey? can you imagine what philly could do with a top 3 goalie in the league?

I would propose:

to Fla: Nitimacki (SP?), Sharp,Therien, 1st & 2nd rounder
to Phi: Luongo & 3rd rounder

capn89* 02-25-2004 09:49 AM

My left testicle :D

Teezax 02-25-2004 09:50 AM

I would propose

To Fla: My First born child, My Wife
To Phi: Roberto Luongo

Dr Love 02-25-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I would propose:

to Fla: Nitimacki (SP?), Sharp,Therien, 1st & 2nd rounder
to Phi: Luongo & 3rd rounder

Why in the world would Florida do that deal? It makes them a worse team. Therien has zero value, Sharp and Niittymaki don't carry much value at this point. Luongo is perhaps the second best goalie in the league, you're not going to get him for a package like that, and you've got Flordia giving up a pick too. A deal for Luongo would in all likelihood involve Gagne.

Cuiff 02-25-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Why in the world would Florida do that deal? It makes them a worse team. Therien has zero value, Sharp and Niittymaki don't carry much value at this point. Luongo is perhaps the second best goalie in the league, you're not going to get him for a package like that, and you've got Flordia giving up a pick too. A deal for Luongo would in all likelihood involve Gagne.

He said what would you offer....This is what I would offer....you have to start the bidding out low...

Coburnfan05 02-25-2004 10:08 AM

Well with my first post on these boards, here goes:

FLA:Carter, Sidenburg, Nitimmaki and 1st.
PHI:Loungo

I would give up any of the youth on this team with the exception of Ruzicka, Sharp, Pitkanen and Richards (having watched him play I think he will pan out to be better then Carter).

Maybe we can throw them Therien in a side deal for some hockey pucks. :p

By the way anybody know where I can get some cool Flyer Avatars.

Spiffy 02-25-2004 10:11 AM

Not gonna happen but....

Niittymäki, Kapanen, Gagné, Therien, Seidenberg, 1st, 2nd

for

Luongo, Huselius and 3rd

You must remember that Luongo will probably be the #1 goalie in the league pretty soon until Mr Fleury and Mr Lehtonen are ready to be the top two guys in the league...

Spiffy 02-25-2004 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
By the way anybody know where I can get some cool Flyer Avatars.

Name a player and I'll do my best to make ya one... :)

John Flyers Fan 02-25-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner

It wouldn't be worth it. You would have to so overpay for Luongo that it would gut the team.

Florida would start by saying Pitkanen & Gagne ... and even then they may ask for more.

Spiffy 02-25-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
It wouldn't be worth it. You would have to so overpay for Luongo that it would gut the team.

Florida would start by saying Pitkanen & Gagne ... and even then they may ask for more.

Exactly! :bow: great post!

Coburnfan05 02-25-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiffy
Name a player and I'll do my best to make ya one... :)

Gags or Pitkanen. Thanks. :)

I see you are a F1 fan...I go to the race in Montreal every year.

Spiffy 02-25-2004 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pitkänen-one from when he was still with Kärpät in Finland. If you want another one just let me know, this is just a quick one but it turned out pretty good.

Coburnfan05 02-25-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Here's a pitkänen-one from when he was still with Kärpät in Finland. If you want another one just let me know, this is just a quick one but it turned out pretty good.

I would like one with himor Gagne in a philly uniform, only if you have the tima and it is no hassell. Thanks.

Spiffy 02-25-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

I would like one with himor Gagne in a philly uniform, only if you have the tima and it is no hassell. Thanks.

I have all the time in the world :D

Spiffy 02-25-2004 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
couldn't find any good pics of Gagné so hopefully this basic Joni Avatar will do...

Coburnfan05 02-25-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

couldn't find any good pics of Gagné so hopefully this basic Joni Avatar will do...

Thanks Spiffy.

Spiffy 02-25-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Thanks Spiffy.

No problemo

tytech 02-25-2004 11:43 AM

you two rent a room or send private messages to one another instead :joker:

GoneFullHextall 02-25-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
I would propose

To Fla: My First born child, My Wife
To Phi: Roberto Luongo

To Fla:My eternal soul, one of my kidneys
to Philly: Roberto Luongo

Dykhuis26 02-25-2004 01:57 PM

hahahha. but would they want your wife?

I'd give up Richards, Nittymaki, Handzus, a 1st: for Luongo and Jokinen

thedjpd 02-25-2004 02:40 PM

It would take more than we're prepared to give.

Rails 02-25-2004 04:26 PM

To Philadelphia: Luongo
To Florida: Clarke's blackmail photo's of 5 GMs of the Florida guy's choice, every Flyer fans' soul, Handzus, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Burke (:D), Lindros' playing ability (he must of left it here when he went to New York), Seidenberg, and a pizza.

Dr Love 02-25-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
To Philadelphia: Luongo
To Florida: Clarke's blackmail photo's of 5 GMs of the Florida guy's choice, every Flyer fans' soul, Handzus, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Burke (:D), Lindros' playing ability (he must of left it here when he went to New York), Seidenberg, and a pizza.

Pretty good, but still needs more. In addition to that...

The rights to Tim Panaccio to the Miami Herald, the heart and effort of the Sixers (it's gotta be somewhere in the lockerroom, because it ain't on the court), Jon Bon Jovi hair samples from his owners box at Soul games, and a copy of every Jeremy Roenick/Mike Lieberthal Toyota commerical.

FlyersGuy69 02-25-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Pretty good, but still needs more. In addition to that...

The rights to Tim Panaccio to the Miami Herald, the heart and effort of the Sixers (it's gotta be somewhere in the lockerroom, because it ain't on the court), Jon Bon Jovi hair samples from his owners box at Soul games, and a copy of every Jeremy Roenick/Mike Lieberthal Toyota commerical.

also, is there anyway we could dump our announcing crew(Jackson,Coatse & Dornhoffer(sp)) on them too?