HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   GDT: PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Pittsburgh Penguins--7:30 pm EST, Sep. 26/08 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=554944)

mapes 09-25-2008 11:48 AM

PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Pittsburgh Penguins--7:30 pm EST, Sep. 26/08

I wanted to post this early, so we can discuss it..

A rematch from last night, with Crosby possibly in the game. What will/should the lines look like?

I'd love Pogge to play again because last game he played solid. His stats are mis-leading and none of the goals were really his fault last night. He made difficult saves look very easy.

I'd like a Kulemin, Grab, Tlusty line and Antropov with Blake and possibly Steen. Schenn and Kabby should be paired again or possibly Stralman with Kabby because he struggled last night so maybe Kaberle can help him out.

Metallian* 09-25-2008 11:52 AM

I wanna see a Tlusty/Grabo/Kool line

I'd also like to see a Poni/Anto/Hagman line tried at some point, but I think the obvious Poni/Steen/Antro line should be tried as well

Anthrax442 09-25-2008 11:53 AM

I wanna see Kulemin - Grabs - Hagman line.. speedy and they can create opportunities for each other.

mapes 09-25-2008 11:57 AM

When do they announce who's in nets? After practise tomorrow?

mooseOAK* 09-25-2008 12:03 PM

Wasn't there a rule that game day threads had to be started on the day of the game?

mapes 09-25-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 15569856)
Wasn't there a rule that game day threads had to be started on the day of the game?

Oh, sorry, my bad if there's a rule on it. I guess I get a little excited about games and like discussing them

Caesium 09-25-2008 12:06 PM

Edit:

I liked Swede's lines, or at least the fact that they're sticking Kulemin with guys he can communicate with. If that line stays together then we might be able to actually see what Kulemin can do.

The Big Swede 09-25-2008 12:09 PM

Toskala' getting the start

These where the lines in practice this morning

Mikhail Grabovski - Nik Antropov - Nikolai Kulemin

Alex Steen - Niklas Hagman - Alexei Ponikarovsky

Matt Stajan - Jason Blake - Jiri Tlusty

Dominic Moore - Jamal Mayers - Ryan Hollweg

Mark Bell - Boyd Devereaux - John Mitchell

John-Eric Iannicello 09-25-2008 12:16 PM

Hmm I thought Cujo would get this start seeing as Wilson said he wanted to see Toskala later in the pre-season. No matter.

Isn't there a two game rule for veterans? Where they can't play more then two games in a row.

alienanton* 09-25-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Swede (Post 15569926)
Toskala' getting the start

These where the lines in practice this morning

Mikhail Grabovski - Nik Antropov - Nikolai Kulemin

Alex Steen - Niklas Hagman - Alexei Ponikarovsky

Matt Stajan - Jason Blake - Jiri Tlusty

Dominic Moore - Jamal Mayers - Ryan Hollweg

Mark Bell - Boyd Devereaux - John Mitchell

just about the post this...

becomes obvious now what wilson is doing w/ kulemin. a little more time, a little more responsibility each game.

looks like friday is the day we'll see what he's got. top line minutes, good linemates. no excuses anymore.

Caesium 09-25-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho99 (Post 15570012)
Hmm I thought Cujo would get this start seeing as Wilson said he wanted to see Toskala later in the pre-season. No matter.

Isn't there a two game rule for veterans? Where they can't play more then two games in a row.

I don't know all the rules of preseason, but I don't think that's one of them. I know there's one where your lineup has to have a certain number of vets on it.

mooseOAK* 09-25-2008 12:18 PM

Antropov at centre was something I was thinking about. He was spending too much time on the boards last night.

John-Eric Iannicello 09-25-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesium (Post 15570032)
I don't know all the rules of preseason, but I don't think that's one of them. I know there's one where your lineup has to have a certain number of vets on it.

I'm pretty sure I read that you can't play certain players for more then two games in a row.

I could be wrong though. I know there's a number of veterans that have to play.. but I thought the rule was no more then two games in row, that way teams implement more youth into exhibitions.

John-Eric Iannicello 09-25-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 15570035)
Antropov at centre was something I was thinking about. He was spending too much time on the boards last night.

I'm not sure that means Antropov is in center. To me it looks like it goes C - W - W for those lineups.

Because Grabo, Stajan, Steen, Moore are all centers usually. I can't see them all moving to the wing..

mooseOAK* 09-25-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericho99 (Post 15570077)
I'm not sure that means Antropov is in center. To me it looks like it goes C - W - W for those lineups.

Because Grabo, Stajan, Steen, Moore are all centers usually. I can't see them all moving to the wing..

You are probably right. Maybe they will listen to me later on then.

Squiffy 09-25-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 15569856)

Guideline we like to follow, ya.. been a long summer, the board is also in training camp lol...

I don't think anyone is minding to much at the moment, we're absolutely hockey starved I think we'll agree, but yes, we've had issues in the past with GDT's being to early, gets people pretty worked up. I suggest to all once real hockey gets going that we continue to try to respect the tradition of only on game days, or at the very least later in the evening the day before.

Anyone recall that one guy a couple seasons ago that kept making them like two days in advance? The freakin' board revolted, it was pretty ugly for a couple days lol.. who was that.. I know he didn't last long..

edit: farzamk *shudder*

mooseOAK* 09-25-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squiffy (Post 15570457)
Guideline we like to follow, ya.. been a long summer, the board is also in training camp lol...

I don't think anyone is minding to much at the moment, we're absolutely hockey starved I think we'll agree, but yes, we've had issues in the past with GDT's being to early, gets people pretty worked up. I suggest to all once real hockey gets going that we continue to try to respect the tradition of only on game days, or at the very least later in the evening the day before.

Anyone recall that one guy a couple seasons ago that kept making them like two days in advance? The freakin' board revolted, it was pretty ugly for a couple days lol.. who was that.. I know he didn't last long..

Maybe he moved to Florida.

Squiffy 09-25-2008 01:02 PM

Hmm.. all this GDT talk has me itchin' to do one. Gotta start brainstorming for a song for one.. Scoogs of course already has the time honoured wildly early first game of the year GDT, I'll have to sneak one in shortly after.

Squiffy 09-25-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 15570486)
Maybe he moved to Florida.

Who knows, but I'm fairly certain a certain guy from Florida "fixed" the problems that guy created.

mapes 09-25-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Again, sorry, I wasn't aware. I'm so excited hockeys back, I like making threads and discussing :D Been too long of a summer.. again.. for the Leafs. Let's hope our off season is short after this year :) But I doubt it.

Squiffy 09-25-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 15570602)
Again, sorry, I wasn't aware. I'm so excited hockeys back, I like making threads and discussing :D Been too long of a summer.. again.. for the Leafs. Let's hope our off season is short after this year :) But I doubt it.

It's cool Mapes.. if people were minding too much you'd know already, you'd have been flamed big time. :laugh:

Just throwing it out there for everyone to read, not directed at you, we've had a lot of new members in the past six months.

I'll even expand the thought a bit. God help us we don't want to actually schedule GDT's like the Sens board lol (no disrespect to them, it's their thing, it works for them). It's an easy breezy thing, whoever makes 'em, makes 'em. If someone is hell bent for some reason on doing a particular one, they usually mention it in the previous games GDT and people generally respect it. All our posters ever ask is that they're not made too far in advance. Doesn't tend to be an issue, hell, I started doing GDT's just because it kept being like 2 in the afternoon game day with no GDT around yet. And because it's a marvelous way to waste time at work ;)

Roo 09-25-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone is minding to much at the moment, we're absolutely hockey starved I think we'll agree

oh god yes.

thank god its back

:handclap:

Gobias Industries 09-25-2008 01:52 PM

I'm going..

I really want to see Grabovski cough it up and Crosby do his little leg kick and shoot the bottle up...

mapes 09-25-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobias Industries (Post 15571016)
I'm going..

I really want to see Grabovski cough it up and Crosby do his little leg kick and shoot the bottle up...

You're going tomorrow? Have fun. Too bad you won't see Pogge in action, more than likely.

Killiecrankie* 09-25-2008 02:34 PM

Was at the game Weds, decently impressed with the Leafs speed. I did not recognize half of the names in the lineup but that was one of the best skating leafs teams (even on defense) that I can remember.

Number 2 is going to be one heck of a player, a little raw but look at. Cannot believe you fleeced the Islanders to get him hahah

Good luck Friday and hopefully no injuries!