HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   CKAC news!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55592)

Subban Fan 02-25-2004 01:54 PM

CKAC news!!!

Gainey told the media that there is a chance he'll trade before the deadline with a team who wont make the playoffs...

Bulis is out for 4 weeks with a knee injury...

Markov wont play against the Bruins tomorrow...

Sam I Am 02-25-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
Gainey told the media that there is a chance he'll trade before the deadline with a team who wont make the playoffs...

Good work.

No news as to when Markov is due back?

Tuggy 02-25-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Bulis is out 4 weeks :cry: Holy **** what the hell are we going to do....they better at least call someone up because if Perrault stays on Koivu's line, I'm gonna.....

Subban Fan 02-25-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Good work.

No news as to when Markov is due back?

No :dunno:

Gros Bill 02-25-2004 01:58 PM

Big news ??? :dunno: Gainey might trade ? LOL

One can already sense the cloak of secrecy descending as McPhee takes over the assistant GM / resident philosopher job.

Sam I Am 02-25-2004 01:58 PM

Let's forget Perreaault on the first line...either give Ward a chance or pull the string on a deal for O'Neill or the likes.

Subban Fan 02-25-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
Bulis is out 4 weeks :cry: Holy **** what the hell are we going to do....they better at least call someone up because if Perrault stays on Koivu's line, I'm gonna.....

BG has to call up Balej...

Zednik-Koivu-Balej could be good!!!

Tuggy 02-25-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

That's what I'm thinkin but what are the odds. The Habs seem very reluctant to insert their youth.

obcd1 02-25-2004 02:05 PM

Well there was a press conference after all

Sam I Am 02-25-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

I doubt it will happen at this stage of the season. And personally, even though I like Balej a lot I wouuld like to see less of a light weight on Koivu's wing,

Give Ward a chance.

Team_Spirit 02-25-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
That's what I'm thinkin but what are the odds. The Habs seem very reluctant to insert their youth.

Yep , they probaly won't call up anybody . :mad:

Markov was expected to be back against NYR.....

Guy Caballero 02-25-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

This will force BG's hand. Even with Bulis our PK was sketchy. Without him it's scary bad. The Eastwood option is not bad, but if it's a low-cost defensive forward he's looking for, there are a few options on the non-playoffs teams. I'd take a look at Nilson (FLA), Grier (WAS), Halpern (WAS), Drake (STL), and Brind'Amour (CAR), the latter of whom I've always wanted to see on the Habs.

Tuggy 02-25-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
This will force BG's hand. Even with Bulis our PK was sketchy. Without him it's scary bad. The Eastwood option is not bad, but if it's a low-cost defensive forward he's looking for, there are a few options on the non-playoffs teams. I'd take a look at Nilson (FLA), Grier (WAS), Halpern (WAS), Drake (STL), and Brind'Amour (CAR), the latter of whom I've always wanted to see on the Habs.

Halpern would be my choice :handclap:

sandman08 02-25-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Brind'Amour makes a boat load of $$ so thats highly doubtful unless carolina eats his salary (he makes like 5 mil/season or something for more than just this season, i think 2 more i heard).. as for grier and halpern.. halpern is young and cheap.. caps wouldnt move him (i'd love to see someone like that here though) and grier is the same sorta deal and from whats been said, a lot of folks in capland like him (gm and such) so i dunno about him too.. he's not young but not old and isnt making too much, so he could be the perfect guy for a rebuilding team to lead the kids and show them how to play by example type of thing.. the rest.. i dunno its quite possible but st. lou is only 1 point out of the playoffs and in "desperation mode" as seen by firing coach q yesturday so i doubt they'd make any significant moves to hamper their playoff push

Subban Fan 02-25-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

I'd really like Grier...

habitue* 02-25-2004 03:13 PM

Just put back Ryder on the first line with Koivu and Zednik. Then, put Bégin on the left wing wit Ribs and Dags. Keep Juneau-Dackell-Sundstrom line the same. Langdon-Perreault or Kilger with Ward can take care of the fourth line. Balej and certainly not Hossa deserve to be in the regular lineup at this stage of the season. Markov will be back very soon and Souray might heel faster than expected.

Duster 02-25-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitué
Just put back Ryder on the first line with Koivu and Zednik. Then, put Bégin on the left wing wit Ribs and Dags. Keep Juneau-Dackell-Sundstrom line the same. Langdon-Perreault or Kilger with Ward can take care of the fourth line. Balej and certainly not Hossa deserve to be in the regular lineup at this stage of the season. Markov will be back very soon and Souray might heel faster than expected.

Interesting idea. The only problem is that Dagenais is not the physical type and Ribs is, well, Ribs. Begin is an agitator who can play defensively. He is perfect on the fourth line and can step in on the third line in a pinch. Ward is big - a prototypical power forward - and would make room for Ribs.

RE-HABS 02-25-2004 06:22 PM

Maybe Montreal should work on a package with Carolina, get a player that Gainey would like to be a "keeper" in O'Neill and a "rental" in Francis?

This would work if we can get rid of Perreault some how. What would it cost???

Duster 02-25-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Maybe Montreal should work on a package with Carolina, get a player that Gainey would like to be a "keeper" in O'Neill and a "rental" in Francis?

This would work if we can get rid of Perreault some how. What would it cost???

A lot. Anyway, Francis doesn't want to be traded and has a no-trade clause I believe.

RE-HABS 02-25-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duster
A lot. Anyway, Francis doesn't want to be traded and has a no-trade clause I believe.

Reporters have stated that Ruthford is going to ask Francis if he would like a trade to a contender, and if he would hey are willing to accomidate him. So Francis hasn't said no...yet.

romain_jaime 02-25-2004 07:00 PM

Players that say they would not revoke their trade clause are just playing to the Fans. They would jump boat in a second if teams like Detroit, Vancouver, Ottawa, Colorado, etc... Came calling. These players are getting paid regardless, so why not go to a Stanley Cup contender?

Also, Pierre Mcguire (TSN / Team 990) seems to think that BG is definetly going to be trading before the deadline. And he also thinks that it will not be a small trade, he says that it will be more on the big side rather then a minor trade or 2.

I believe that BG is looking around the league and he WILL pull the trigger soon enough. The Habs can only get better with adding a player or 2 to the mix.

Munchausen 02-25-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

No big deal, CJ has it all figured out, we just have to play Perreault on the wing with Koivu and Zeder. :cry:

Habsir 02-25-2004 07:08 PM

Gainey will deal with Anaheim.

romain_jaime 02-25-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsir
Gainey will deal with Anaheim.

Can you please be a little more informative?

Habsir 02-25-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romain_jaime
Can you please be a little more informative?

No. I'm a medical person (no I'm not Dr. Mulder), that's more than you need to know. If you really think names are freely being mentioned around than think again.