HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who is the next veteran to go? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55604)

theo6060 02-25-2004 03:15 PM

Who is the next veteran to go?
 
With Darby now out, who do you see being the next player going?

Wild Bill 02-25-2004 03:22 PM

I think Manny will go next, but not untill the Roli situation smoothes over. I think there will be alot of calls for D-men and Bruno, but in the end Manny might be the only dealt. Can you say Sergei to the Devils for an 05 3rd?

theo6060 02-25-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
I think Manny will go next, but not untill the Roli situation smoothes over. I think there will be alot of calls for D-men and Bruno, but in the end Manny might be the only dealt. Can you say Sergei to the Devils for an 05 3rd?

I'd take that for Sergei. He's been playing good, but it's time to start selling and bringing in youth. While DR did well (it looks) in the draft landing Burns and O'Sullivan in the first two rounds, that really was the worst year for the team to not have a high draft pick. Exchange last years success for this years, and we could have someone like Coburn.

Wild Bill 02-25-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
I'd take that for Sergei. He's been playing good, but it's time to start selling and bringing in youth. While DR did well (it looks) in the draft landing Burns and O'Sullivan in the first two rounds, that really was the worst year for the team to not have a high draft pick. Exchange last years success for this years, and we could have someone like Coburn.

True, but on the side of the coin, last years draft was so deep, it almost worked out perfect. There won't be too many O'Sullivans at #56 this year, might be a Brent Burns at #20 though. The playoff run last year was nice and the deep draft was pretty forgiving IMO. A playoff run this year wouldn't have done much at all for drafting.

See your point though, Coburn or Phaneuf would've been great to build around.

Surly Furious 02-25-2004 05:57 PM

Realistically:
Wiemer - he has the toughness a lot of teams want for the playoffs - seeing as he was basically a freebie for the Wild, they can turn nothing into something; not to say Wiemer is nothing, I like him as a Wild player, just speaking in terms of resources.

Zholtok might also be attractive as a rent a plater for some offensively challenged playoff teams, like Dallas.

Bomber's name has been out there in the rumor bin - this could be a good move.

Fernandez - Wild might be shopping him while Rollie is out of town. Highest potential returns here.

Ideally:
Brown, Park, Marshall. Whether anybody wants these blokes is anybody's guess. If DR can trade a ragdoll like Darby, he can trade anybody :D


Don't expect to be dealt:

Walz, Dowd

NyCoN 02-25-2004 06:33 PM

I went with Zholtok.... :D

Just to piss bookman off... :joker: :p

DW 02-25-2004 07:15 PM

Bombadir's name seems to be floating around more then it should. I think he's next along with Manny. I thought I read somewhere that Wiemer becomes a group V like Kariya, (making less then the average for a veteran.) He could be dealt but i would prefer to have someone like him over others that are not mentioned.

Guess who also is in that group V besides Wiemer. His name is Matt Johnson.
No excuses now to give this guy a 10% raise. He'll be lucky to get what he's paid now. Maybe even a paycut here.

vitogor 02-25-2004 07:55 PM

I went with Bomber. Hopefully there is something behind the fact that his name is being thrown around. I want him outta here.

Surly Furious 02-26-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyCoN
I went with Zholtok.... :D

Just to piss bookman off... :joker: :p


GRRRRRR :joker:


Actually, I agree he makes for pretty good trade bait, given his ability and his contract situation.

NyCoN 02-26-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman
GRRRRRR :joker:




:p :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.