HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   News Article: Preds acquire Nick Tarnasky for conditional draft pick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=556299)

Joe T Choker 09-29-2008 05:31 PM

Preds acquire Nick Tarnasky for conditional draft pick

Source

Jarnberg 09-29-2008 05:34 PM

The first question should be... why?

worstfaceoffmanever 09-29-2008 05:40 PM

It's time for some Charlestown Chiefs hockey!

That's about the only rationale I can come up with on this one.

echlfreak 09-29-2008 05:53 PM

If DP doesn't pick up Ouellet off waivers I will have to say that he has gone off the deep end!!!

Pick ups thus far:

Grant
Gratton
Tarnarsky
Jones

One somewhat skilled guy and """"3"""" Fighters?????????????????????????????????????

Am I wrong or did Detroit even play a tough guy to win the cup this past season???

I guess we are going to beat everyone up so that our 4 skilled forwards can have some room to play???

Enoch 09-29-2008 06:57 PM

All I can recall about him is that he is a big hitter. This should add some muscle to the smurf hitters we have making up our bottom lines. That said, I think I would much rather Pihlstrom make the roster for the Preds.

Meh - a 6th round pick is nothing...I really don't see the harm in this, save for it maybe costing Pihlstrom a spot on the roster.

Bolt32 09-29-2008 07:19 PM

A bolts poster here. I really like Tarnasky and wished we would have kept him, for what you guys are giving up I think your undervauling him. Hes not going to go out there and score thirty goals for you. He is a perfect Gritty guy for you, and wont take stupid pen. Almost all of his goals he got in front of the net, and if someone is dogging a player he is not afraid to drop the gloves for you. He's not another enforcer, and i think with right system this move can look real good.

Wish you the best of luck Nick!

handtrick 09-29-2008 07:27 PM

I just think the move shows that Poile/Trotz don't have faith that the Gratton/Grant combo has what it takes to be relied upon for a regular shift with this team.

jstreet 09-29-2008 07:31 PM

hope that 6th round pick doesnt end up being another Erat or Hornqvist.

Geez, the bolts were gonna cut Ouellet and now they've put him on waivers, why not go for him instead?!

nine_inch_fang 09-29-2008 07:55 PM

Are we seriously worried about losing a sixth round pick on the off chance that it could windup being a top player in the future???

Paranoid Android 09-29-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 15622572)
Are we seriously worried about losing a sixth round pick on the off chance that it could windup being a top player in the future???

not we, just burnlikestars ;)

Jarnberg 09-30-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 15622572)

Not so much that we are 'worried' about losing a sixth round pick when we have alot of picks, but the fact that it was given up for Tarnasky, considering we already have a glut of forwards on the team and he doesn't appear to be an upgrade over anyone.

Obviously the sixth round pick isn't worth a whole lot, but again, it is just who we are getting in this case.

Paranoid Android 09-30-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 15625956)
Not so much that we are 'worried' about losing a sixth round pick when we have alot of picks, but the fact that it was given up for Tarnasky, considering we already have a glut of forwards on the team and he doesn't appear to be an upgrade over anyone.

Obviously the sixth round pick isn't worth a whole lot, but again, it is just who we are getting in this case.

Not true. He's for sure an upgrade over Grant and Gratton. Maybe Ortmeyer, too.

hillbilly 09-30-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 15622235)
hope that 6th round pick doesnt end up being another Erat or Hornqvist.

Geez, the bolts were gonna cut Ouellet and now they've put him on waivers, why not go for him instead?!

as a pens fan as well. Trust me, the preds don't want him.

Jarnberg 09-30-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 15626133)
Not true. He's for sure an upgrade over Grant and Gratton. Maybe Ortmeyer, too.

In what regard? The only reason we have guys like Grant and Gratton is because they are supposed to be fighters. Tarnasky isn't an upgrade over them in that regard.

Paranoid Android 09-30-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 15627357)
In what regard? The only reason we have guys like Grant and Gratton is because they are supposed to be fighters. Tarnasky isn't an upgrade over them in that regard.

Experience, offensive upside

jstreet 10-01-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 15623004)
not we, just burnlikestars ;)

hey I dont go out an buy penut butter when I already have 2 jars on the shelf.

nine_inch_fang 10-01-2008 05:01 PM

Ah, what if the two jars you have are a jar of PeterPan and a jar of Skippy?

I know I'd still buy a jar of JIF

Seth Lake 10-01-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 15622183)
I just think the move shows that Poile/Trotz don't have faith that the Gratton/Grant combo has what it takes to be relied upon for a regular shift with this team.

Wow, judging by Trotz and Poile's comments in the TN'n today regarding the acquisition, I guess I was wrong twice in the same day...:sarcasm:

Ryan apparently left due to personal reasons. At least I was right that he did in fact choose to ask out of his tryout...;)

jstreet 10-01-2008 08:59 PM

Ryan was smart enough to see that there was no room for him here

Seth Lake 10-01-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 15654764)
Ryan was smart enough to see that there was no room for him here

That's what I said too, but the comments in the paper today make it seem like he will not be immediately trying to catch on with another team, but rather will be heading home to figure out his personal life. Seems like he might have a personal issue looming overhead at home that is distracting him from playing hockey at his full potential.

I was actually impressed with him in camp and thought he would earn a contract out of camp. Again, based on the comments in the paper, it seems that the Predators were thinking along the same lines and are more than willing to welcome him back if he decides to continue his hockey career.