HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   York hurt at practice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55652)

triggrman 02-25-2004 03:33 PM

York hurt at practice

Sounded pretty bad, broke orbital bone.

HyperSniper 02-25-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman

Got a link?

triggrman 02-25-2004 03:47 PM

No, not yet. Here's the scoop from NP message boards though.

Quote:

Jason York was seriously injured in practice today. The orbtil bone which effectively houses the eye was fractured in several places. It appears that it is the same eye that required surgery to repair a detached retina during training camp earlier in the year. He is presently sedated and is to undergo major reconstructive bone and eye surgery as we speak. It does not look good!

Jarnberg 02-25-2004 04:17 PM

Just what we need, once things start going well... boom

We'll see how badly this team wants to make the playoffs now....

Also it looks like Poile is going to be forced to make a move now

barrytrotzsneck 02-25-2004 04:17 PM

well, that kind of forces our hand, no?

jstreet 02-25-2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
well, that kind of forces our hand, no?

I think Hutch gets the call for now.

jstreet 02-25-2004 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman

doesnt York wear a Visor?

barrytrotzsneck 02-25-2004 04:34 PM

he collided with another player, and his face got smashed by the other guy's helmet.

the good news is that he's only out for 3 weeks. the BAD news is that he's one of our best mistake-free defenders in our own zone. hutchinson isn't going to fill that void. hopefully neckar will. apparently, milwaukee said that after an "okay" first couple of games, neckar was the best defender on the ice in his last game in milwaukee, after getting into the swing of things. i do think that...with a move already coming BEFORE the injury...it might happen a bit sooner, now.

craig1 02-25-2004 04:58 PM

Reports out of Pittsburgh are that Nashville scouts have been following the Pens around for a few games now......Supposedly interested in Dick Tarnstrom. This might heat up interest.

FanOfHockey 02-25-2004 06:04 PM

Sorry NMKA but Neckar was not the most solid defender in Milwaukee Sunday. He also didn't take the bus trip and play in Grand Rapids the night before-he rested instead. I'd much rather see Hutch in Mil playing his strong solid game than being undesirable in Nashville-but he and we don't call the shots. Hope he isn't there to ride the pine-he was just getting back to the swing of things with the Admirals!

i'm guessing he's covering for zids back spasms-i believe zids is an offensive defenseman. i wouldn't worry about him replacing york for 3 weeks.

Nice to see your kind support of ALL rookies in replacing injured vets-yeah right :rolly:

lstcyr 02-25-2004 06:21 PM

Hutchinson has been called up according to a Pred press release.

barrytrotzsneck 02-25-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanOfHockey
Sorry NMKA but Neckar was not the most solid defender in Milwaukee Sunday. He also didn't take the bus trip and play in Grand Rapids the night before-he rested instead. I'd much rather see Hutch in Mil playing his strong solid game than being undesirable in Nashville-but he and we don't call the shots. Hope he isn't there to ride the pine-he was just getting back to the swing of things with the Admirals!

i'm guessing he's covering for zids back spasms-i believe zids is an offensive defenseman. i wouldn't worry about him replacing york for 3 weeks.

Nice to see your kind support of ALL rookies in replacing injured vets-yeah right :rolly:

okay, random messageboard guy. thanks.

in the future, i'll rely on sources more credible than clowns like Claude Noel, and refer to my inside sources here at HF.