HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   22 scouts at tonight s game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=556605)

shawnyboy24 09-30-2008 03:52 PM

22 scouts at tonight s game

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...0-1199463.html

They cant all be interested in dandenault,what s going on?

Marc the Habs Fan 09-30-2008 03:57 PM

Detroit has a logjam on D, guys like Meech and Quincey are probably being followed by several teams.

Haddock 09-30-2008 03:57 PM

They just want to see two of the NHL's best teams in action. Lucky ********.

Whitesnake 09-30-2008 03:58 PM

I've never wish that much to see Dandenault play a great game. Just forget those lines and let him play with Pleks and Kovy....

JMMR 09-30-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15632708)
I've never wish that much to see Dandenault play a great game. Just forget those lines and let him play with Pleks and Kovy....

I would love that get him a hattrick.

jnthomas 09-30-2008 04:00 PM

Look at Georges or Bouillon. I wouldn't be surprised if Weber has done what Carbo asked the recruits to do, force their hand. At least if they are there to see the habs, it'd be my guess.

la25ecoupe 09-30-2008 04:01 PM

My bet:

We are giving away some players for picks and then promote Chips, Dagos and Weber.

JMMR 09-30-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 15632757)
My bet:

We are giving away some players for picks and then promote Chips, Dagos and Weber.

Wow that would be great.

BUT I WOULD BE FLOORED.

CanadienErrant* 09-30-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 15632757)
My bet:

Which players ?

I don't see many veteran players that would be available outside Dandenault.

Chipchura, D'Agostini or Weber have all chances to start the season in Montreal with Laraque and Hamrlik injured and Dandenault gone.

I would say that the youngsters - Chipchura and D'Agostini, Halak, even O`Byrne - might be excellent trade bait to get a very good number 4 d-man

HamrlikTheStud* 09-30-2008 04:08 PM

They better not come for Weber. He's our Anton Stralman from the Leafs, in my mind.

Le Tricolore 09-30-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnthomas (Post 15632743)
Look at Georges or Bouillon. I wouldn't be surprised if Weber has done what Carbo asked the recruits to do, force their hand. At least if they are there to see the habs, it'd be my guess.

Weber isn't making the team.

Dan K 09-30-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 15632693)
They just want to see two of the NHL's best teams in action. Lucky ********.

I'm sure this, much more than the preseason play of veterans like Francis Bouillon, Mathieu Dandenault, and Tom Kostopoulos, is the reason for the heavy scouting activity.

Teams are making cuts, getting closer to NHL rosters, good opportunity to see a top team of each conference.

Jee 09-30-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 15632897)

quoted.

you now.....just in case.... :D

HamrlikTheStud* 09-30-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 15632897)

If he's playing the next 3 games like he did in the last ones, the coaching staff HAS to consider it, at the very least. I take the Weber we're seeing right now before Dandenault, Bouillon and Brisebois. Arguably Gorges.

albertabound 09-30-2008 04:12 PM

as a #1 fan of Chip wouldn't it be great if they were there to do a trade between Detroit and Habs and Chipper was part of it. Come on Chipper have a great game and go to a team that will have faith in you instead of everytime I listen to team 990 its all thier local boys that do no wrong or have anything wrong with thier way of playing or developing not big on western they seem to forget that Georges, Price, O' byrne, Maxwell and all thier Russian players are the ones who make up the success of this team not thier local crop.

mcphee 09-30-2008 04:14 PM

They're doing their jobs, evaluating players. Every team should have a report on Meech as they should D'agostini. I don't see anything pending on either side.

If Gainey's offering Dandenault around, which he probably has, teams know who and what he is. I don't see anything going on.

goalchenyuk 09-30-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnyboy24 (Post 15632621)
http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...0-1199463.html

They cant all be interested in dandenault,what s going on?

They want to see Latendresse ; they can't beleive that he's now fast ...

Seriously , here the tonight line-up ; maybe one of the bolded name could be trade

S. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Latendresse

Pacioretty-Lang-Kovalev

Kostopoulos-Lapierre-D'Agostini

Dandenault-Chipchura-Stewart

Brisebois-Gorges

Komisarek-Bouillon

O'Byrne-Weber

mcphee 09-30-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifi (Post 15632955)
as a #1 fan of Chip wouldn't it be great if they were there to do a trade between Detroit and Habs and Chipper was part of it. Come on Chipper have a great game and go to a team that will have faith in you instead of everytime I listen to team 990 its all thier local boys that do no wrong or have anything wrong with thier way of playing or developing not big on western they seem to forget that Georges, Price, O' byrne, Maxwell and all thier Russian players are the ones who make up the success of this team not thier local crop.

Huh ? You want Detroit to take Chipchura, despite them being solid in that particular psoition, because someone on Team 990 likes local players rather than Westerners and Russians ?

jnthomas 09-30-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100th (Post 15632988)
They want to see Latendresse ; they can't beleive that he's now fast ...

Seriously , here the tonight line-up ; maybe one of the bolded name could be trade

S. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Latendresse

Pacioretty-Lang-Kovalev

Kostopoulos-Lapierre-D'Agostini

Dandenault-Chipchura-Stewart

Brisebois-Gorges

Komisarek-Bouillon

O'Byrne-Weber

I don't understand why Brisebois and Lapierre would be dealt, considering they just re-signed with the habs over the summer. The others though, make sense.

goalchenyuk 09-30-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifi (Post 15632955)

Longest sentence i have ever read .( but not the brightest )

Whitesnake 09-30-2008 04:24 PM

Not that I want, but O'Byrne could be traded.

goalchenyuk 09-30-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnthomas (Post 15633126)
I don't understand why Brisebois and Lapierre would be dealt, considering they just re-signed with the habs over the summer. The others though, make sense.

I agree that it would be weird to trade Brisebois at that point , but nobody could have predicted that Weber was to be that good .

Habs needed to sign Lapierre , but if they considere that he's above another prospect , they won't be shy to trade him

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15633177)
Not that I want, but O'Byrne could be traded.

why ? Komisarek and O'Byrne are our more physical d-men . If they want to put Weber on the line-up , he would be more the kind of player to take the spot of Gorges or Bouillon

Oleg Petrov 09-30-2008 04:33 PM

Montreal and Detroit both have many tough decisions to make. Each team has 3-4 fringe player's that would need to require waivers if cut and sent to the minors. If I were running another team, I would be intereseted in seeing these player's in action before making a claim. Hence the number of scouts at tonight's game. Some of these player's could be:

Dandenault
Quincey
Downey
Mccarty
Lapierre
Begin
Helm
Denis

and to a lesser extent:
Latendresse
Bouillon
Brisebois

Haddock 09-30-2008 04:33 PM

I really don't think that Bob Gainey will start a bunch of rookies with George Laraque on the fourth line. D'Agostini is not making this team. Maxwell is not making the team. Pacioretty is not making the team. Hell, Chipchura is not making this team. Talking about prospects all the time seems to be affecting the judgement of some. Guys with one-way contracts don't disappear out of thin air.

jnthomas 09-30-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100th (Post 15633234)
I agree that it would be weird to trade Brisebois at that point , but nobody could have predicted that Weber was to be that good .

Habs needed to sign Lapierre , but if they considere that he's above another prospect , they won't be shy to trade him

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100th (Post 15633281)
why ? Komisarek and O'Byrne are our more physical d-men . If they want to put Weber on the line-up , he would be more the kind of player to take the spot of Gorges or Bouillon

In all honesty, if Weber pushed out a defenseman, I would seriously bet it'd be Georges. And I like Georges.