HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   buffalo fading fast (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=55734)

Raider917 02-25-2004 08:23 PM

buffalo fading fast

down 5-2 after two to new jersey.

TehDoak 02-25-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917

Now down 6-2......NJ is on fire. But, that being said, I still think Buffalo will make the playoffs.

Kirk Muller 02-25-2004 08:36 PM

Montreal and hab fans need to worry about their own team who has some key injuries, some internal questions, and inconsistency in effort and intensity. The habs could just as easily "fade," in fact, they put on a pretty good display of it over the last few weeks.

Raider917 02-25-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
Montreal and hab fans need to worry about their own team who has some key injuries, some internal questions, and inconsistency in effort and intensity. The habs could just as easily "fade," in fact, they put on a pretty good display of it over the last few weeks.

buffalo have nyi and ottawa after tonight. there on back to back nights too.

Raider917 02-25-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

8-2 now and getting bloody

Guy Caballero 02-25-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

8-2 now and getting bloody

Ouch. That's gotta hurt the old confidence. Buffalo's game tonight and the Habs' yesterday could set the tone for the rest of the season. Let's hope so.

Leafs got smoked by another lousy team as well. Could you ask for two better nights?

Higgins 02-25-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

I was going over the nj-buf boxscore and noticed these interesting stats...

Player G A +/- SOG PIM Shifts Tot.
D. Briere 0 0 -3 0 4 12 8:46

He only had 12 shifts during the game for a total of 8min 46sec total ice time. During that time the devils were able to score three times. He also managed to take two penaltes in the little time he was on the ice. The first one, a slashing call, allowed the devils to score their first goal 1:29 into the game.

Thanks for the great game Dan!!! :rolly: :D

BigM1ke 02-25-2004 09:16 PM

Buffalo fading fast?

Do you really expect a team to win all their games? They will have some bad games like every other teams!! The Habs aren't the only team in the league to lose 2 or 3 games in a row you know...

It's far from over.

Brett38 02-25-2004 09:18 PM

I'm not sure if we need to worry about Buffalo at all. Florida seems to be coming on strong lately. Luongo seems to be kicking some royal butt lately. Maybe we'll add Florida to the chase. I think they defeated the Leafs 4-0 tonight. Two shutouts in a row for Luongo.

TehDoak 02-25-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
I was going over the nj-buf boxscore and noticed these interesting stats...

Player G A +/- SOG PIM Shifts Tot.
D. Briere 0 0 -3 0 4 12 8:46

He only had 12 shifts during the game for a total of 8min 46sec total ice time. During that time the devils were able to score three times. He also managed to take two penaltes in the little time he was on the ice. The first one, a slashing call, allowed the devils to score their first goal 1:29 into the game.

Thanks for the great game Dan!!! :rolly: :D

Daniel Briere is injured and wasn't supposed to play tonight. I guess he probably told Ruff he was good to go and tried to play through the pain, but obviously, he wasn't, and Ruff was stuck two forwards short (Kotalik injured early in the game). Add to that Buffalo has Campbell AND Delmore playing regular shifts on D ::Shudders:: THEN add to that Boulton can't take a regular shift...you are playing as a 3 line team with only 4 NHL level defensemen (actually, 3, Fitzpatrick is a 6th/7th guy). You add all those up, play one the former cup champs who have suddenly found offense....and what do you get? Thats right folks, 8-2 loss.

Guy Caballero 02-25-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett38
I'm not sure if we need to worry about Buffalo at all. Florida seems to be coming on strong lately. Luongo seems to be kicking some royal butt lately. Maybe we'll add Florida to the chase. I think they defeated the Leafs 4-0 tonight. Two shutouts in a row for Luongo.

If we play .500 hockey for the rest of the season, FLA would have to play .700 hockey to catch us by season's end. I don't think we have too much to worry about provided that the Habs don't absolutely tank.

RE-HABS 02-25-2004 09:36 PM

If there were only 10 or less games left I may feel better, even then the seperation isn't that much.

As long as we match them point for point from here on out we will be all right, we need to worry about the Habs...not the Sabres, Isles or anyone else.

Kirk Muller 02-25-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

And Montreal won back to back games after a horrible stretch, just goes to show how easily things change from day to day, week to week.

Habsolution 02-25-2004 10:26 PM

We'll face the sabres twice until the end. We win the first one and we can basically stick a fork into them. We lose both and things get really "interesting" (for lack of a better word).

Habs 02-25-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

My... how the tune changes here when the team wins two in a row... sad.

Team_Spirit 02-25-2004 10:56 PM

We have 2 games left against the Sabres , we have to win them and it will be fine IMO .

HABitude 02-25-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
We have 2 games left against the Sabres , we have to win them and it will be fine IMO .

Like the last schedule game @ Buffalo. A critical game: win or die.
We're gonna have high blood pressure that night! :eek:

penopekoo 02-25-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Like the last schedule game @ Buffalo. A critical game: win or die.

Mathematically speaking, it's more likely that the game won't mean anything. We'll probably be too far into or out of the playoff race for it to matter. But that's just my opinion. I, quite frankly, would much prefer not to have our playoff berth decided by the final game. It would just be too stressful, and for some reason I couldn't see us coming out on top...

chicpea* 02-26-2004 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
Mathematically speaking, it's more likely that the game won't mean anything. We'll probably be too far into or out of the playoff race for it to matter. But that's just my opinion. I, quite frankly, would much prefer not to have our playoff berth decided by the final game. It would just be too stressful, and for some reason I couldn't see us coming out on top...

Oh, I dunno. I hope you're right (about being too far in that is) but remember a couple seasons back and it came right down to the wire. Now that was tense!
We must keep going like the last two periods v. Towrongto and the game with the sens and (with a bit of luck) everything will be just peachy. But yes, we have to beat Buffalo and so do the Isles.

Darz 02-26-2004 10:13 AM

There is still too much hockey left this season for us to expect the habs will be able to just limp into the playoffs, or to hope for others to fail.

If we play good hockey the rest of the way we should be able to get the points nessesary to get nit othe playoffs.